Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Map Hack Question :D

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Recovered, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Recovered

Recovered IncGamers Member

Map Hack Question :D

Just a question with Map Hack, no other comments/answers unless it's related to this question.

I just wanted to know instead of using the arrows to scroll to look for an entrance such as HELL Mephisto level (since the map is huge) is there a way you can make it the map smaller so you don't need to look for it? or at least edit a config file so it points you on where to go or anything that can help that's related. Please reply :) Thanks

2. Elu's Might

Elu's Might IncGamers Member

Uh oh... Maphack... how could you? :D

Sorry for not answering to your question (=this post is near useless), but I just can't see the point of people buying the game and then modifying it to their liking ;) It's almost like a movie, when you go to the movies you can decide the plot and everything the movie contains before you even see the movie. Not much fun,. eh?

3. Newest Newb

Newest Newb IncGamers Member

Just so you know, this forum doesn't like and/or approve of any 3rd party programs, such as maphack. Thus, most people won't/can't answer your question. Also, prepare to be attacked by asterisks.
    have a nice day.

4. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

You know mousepad has a forum, and there are countless hacking forums? Why annoy us with your drivel? We are teh legit++, deal with it.

5. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

If I`ll see you one more time posting about cheats I I´l report you as a "bad post". I understand that you are new here (wellcome anyway :lol: ) but you should read rools before yous post anything. =/

6. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Press alt+F4 for a smaller map :bow:

7. DaX

DaX IncGamers Member

in all seriousness....what is maphack?

8. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

:uhhuh:
    A 3rd party program that allows you to see the whole map, all the monsters, adds colors for certain items so you can easily distinguish them, adds a socketing protector and you can see what someone is wearing by hovering your cursor over him and then pressing a button. I think that's it.

9. DaX

DaX IncGamers Member

so whats so great about it then?

10. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

No matter what it is about, only the mods should speak out threats IMO. I mean no offense, but we all have the same status here, including those with a post count of 1. Either report a thread or not, but IMO you shouldn't threaten others with doing so. If you report a threat, don't mention it or better, don't post anything at all.

Everything about MH has been said here and I fully agree BTW.

11. Eisirt

Eisirt IncGamers Member

I thought it was CTRL+ALT+Delete.

12. Baboon

Baboon IncGamers Member

Besides you're talking about MH, that's an incredible way to introduce yourself here

13. Jayman450

Jayman450 IncGamers Member

If you have someone explain to you the way to find the entrance you will not need map hack. Trust me. I used to use it. You got the pressed "-" to reveal and scroll around with the arrows to find it, then F9, then tp. So slow. If you look at the way the entrance to the wp room is, rotate 90 degres clockwise, that will be the way the entrance will be for d3. So you know what wall it will be on. So you can start to tele right away. If you want a better explanation theres one in the sorc forum under bliz sorc mf guide of something. I haven't used maphack since. I actually is slower with it!!!

14. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

Ya! but 3rd party programs such as ATMA are perfectly alright to talk about here on the forums. I just really don't understand people sometimes, people around here yell and complain about 3rd party programs, EULA violations etc. whenever anyone mencions maphack, but the ATMA's site is hosted by diabloii.net. look up the definition people, ATMA IS a 3rd party program. Then people say "oh ya but ATMA is single player only, it dosen't interfear with others playing the game" Bull! Pure and simple, either 3rd party programs are OK or 3rd party programs are not OK. it's just insane to pick and choose which 3rd party programs you think are ok. By the single player ATMA arguement, does that mean it's ok for me to use maphack if I only play single player with it? Man, the wierdness in this world! :surprise:

15. Lothos

Lothos IncGamers Member

yes actually, it does mean its ok. The EULA agrement for 3rd party programs is different when applied to use of the game on the Bnet "service" and as such is subject to the rules of Bnet's policy of no 3rd party apps used. The EULA doesn't say you can't use 3rd party apps with the game, it says no to use with the service.

16. slayer of fools

slayer of fools IncGamers Member

Lothos nailed it. EULA does not say anything about 3rd party programs being used with the game only with the "service". Either use maphack and deal with the comments you WILL get on this forum or don't use it and don't. :0)

17. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

Well, Great!! so I have a question about maphack that I'm using while playing single player only...... :innocent:

/kidding

18. Peacrusher

Peacrusher IncGamers Member

simple answer is go to options and select small map option... this is part of the game and I don't recommend using MH at all... It ruins the game...

You want to know where Durance 3 is... Try heading to the left of the wp... 9 times out of 10 you'll find it quickly. even faster if you teleport with a sorc.

Oh and Cat's 2 the stairs ar always to the right of the wp...

How do I know well I play the game and I figured out the patterns.

DUH>

19. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

I have never though that my status here is different than a posters with post count 1 or post count 1000. It actually happened that I was a bit cheeky to "older" posters as well as I recpect some newcomers very much - so you don´t need to teach me in this way. To report the FIRST post of anyone would be crazy. If YOU hade post this post I hade just clicked the button - YOUR status wouldn´t matter, your expirience would. But you gota point
    anyway - I really shoudn´t threaten him with something I never really considered to do....
    You said: If you report a threat, don't mention it or better, don't post anything at all - krischan - you make me angry - the first time uder these ca 2 years! I didn´t repot anybody so far but if I will do it anytime in future I think that a reported person will have a right to know WHO and WHY.