Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Map Filling?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by RedRockRun, Sep 5, 2017.

1. RedRockRun

RedRockRun Diabloii.Net Member

I'm back onto D2 which I haven't played since the Fall of 2001. It was also my OCD need to fully fill every map so that no chest would be left unopened, no corpse left impaled. Obviously it's tiresome - especially in Kurast and Arreat. I was just wondering how far you all take exploration?

2. mir

mir Diabloii.Net Member

Only Blood moor (with new char) is fully cleared in order to reach level 6 and get some gold, from that point on I open only the chests/logs/corpses/etc that I find on my way towards the next map/quest/waypoint.

Only in cows runs I try to open most/all chests.

3. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

I used to play like that too, clearing every single bit of a map and opening almost everything. Now I mainly go for efficiency, so no full clears (with the odd exception) and only opening chests once in a while, if they are on my way.

4. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

During my first run through each difficulty, I always make an effort to fully reveal every map, kill every monster and hit every lootable object. In subsequent runs through these areas, however, I usually only hit the important things (sparkling chests, boss packs, etc).

Sometimes I will full-clear specific areas (Hell Pit/Cows, etc) when farming for socketables.

5. TheNix

TheNix Diabloii.Net Member

After 12 years and more than 60 matriarchs/patriarchs, I still full clear virtually everything.

6. jiansonz

jiansonz Diabloii.Net Member

I play single pass, so it would obviously not be a good idea to pass things up. The only things I may leave standing are imp towers (if there are no imps in that area and that particular tower doesn't distract my merc too much) and the occasional boss I really can't kill.

7. RedRockRun

RedRockRun Diabloii.Net Member

You must have some legendary patience. I get highway hypnosis halfway or so through clearing all of Kurast Sewers. Still I can't argue with full clears. I've gotten too many runes from random chests.

8. TheNix

TheNix Diabloii.Net Member

It is not patience, it is my preferred playing style. I am baffled by people who want to get a character to level 99; to me it seems to be a complete waste of time. It is probably because hardcore brings out the worst in me, but HC is torture; I got one guardian to prove to myself that I could do it, then I gave away all my HC items and never played again. Fun, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.