Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Many threads on same topic, but mine is really puzzling me :( der=

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Corn, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Corn

Corn IncGamers Member

Many threads on same topic, but mine is really puzzling me :(

Ok so I'm getting that infamous access violation (c00000005), you all know what I'm talking about.

Before you give me the usual do this do that, here's a little background. I don't use any mods, any bots, any hacks whatsoever. Prior to this, I've been running two diablos at the same time by fast-switching windows xp users and with two diablo 2 cd keys without a problem at all. This random error one night just started coming up over and over, but only on my second diablo 2.

A long time ago I remember seeing this same error although I don't remember what I did to remedy it.

The Diablo 2 on my main computer log in file works without a problem, it's when I try to run the second Diablo two on the other user. The error pops up right away. I never did anything different, it just started happening one night.

Tried reinstalling patch, failed. Re-ran video test, failed. Reboot computer, scan disk for viruses, failed. Replaced the d2data.mpq file, failed. Lastly, I tried to unstaill...FAILED.

Keep in mind, this doesn't happen in game, it happens as soon as game even begins to load up on my second computer user only. I only play hardcore classic. I am totally lost as to what to do. My desperate solution was to uninstall and re install, but now I can't even uninstall lol.

2. pimpadryla

pimpadryla IncGamers Member

well u use xp right? try to uninstall in safe mode, or try to delete registratiion in regedit.... i m no computer technician but if u have more than 1 hard drive u should be able to install into the second drive or just different folder to make it work again...

3. Inokis

Inokis IncGamers Member

4. Corn

Corn IncGamers Member

Lol yay success!!

I ran the disk error check that Blizz site recommended. It was one of the last recommendations =/ But it worked :)