Many a hammerdin question

Spook_Cell

Diabloii.Net Member
Many a hammerdin question

So I'm about to start a hammerdin mainly for MFing but also since I don't have a paly in 1.10 yet. So I have a few questions

1)What would be better to use Guardian Angel/Arachnid Mesh or Arkaine's Valor/Verdungo's Hearty Coil or a different combination?

2)Would it be a good idea to upgrade HoZ and the Guardian Angel (if I use it that is) for the boost to defence or would the str requirement be too high?

3)What mercenary should I use? Act 2 Defiance or act 2 Holy Freeze?

I have already looked through the Hamerdin guides and I just wanted to know what some of you may think.

Thx for any help :)

Ti-Ben

Diabloii.Net Member
Spook_Cell said:
1)What would be better to use Guardian Angel/Arachnid Mesh or Arkaine's Valor/Verdungo's Hearty Coil or a different combination?

2)Would it be a good idea to upgrade HoZ and the Guardian Angel (if I use it that is) for the boost to defence or would the str requirement be too high?

1) Go with Arkaine/Verdungo ONLY if you need really high life, otherwise, stick to GA/AM. AM provides good bonuses for Hammerdins.

2) Don't upgrade the HoZ, it's pretty useless if you ask me, you'll only gain a couple of Defence. Hellforge plate GA, not suse about this one. The STR req might be too high for a Hammerdin. I vote no on this one too. Stick with Skin of Vipermagi, upgraded to Elite, you get the +skill, FCR and nice resist. :thumbsup:

3) I'd say go with Defiance, since it provides much needed defence. And you get hit less often. I don't like HF merc, but that' me. I'm sure other will recommend them.

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd use either an Enigma (if you have one) or Skulder's Ire or Tal Rasha's Guardianship since you're going for the MF character, you might aswell use MF armors :) As for the belt, Arachnid's Mesh is the best there.

I wouldn't recommend upgrading as that would force you to raise str high, keep it at around 100 and don't raise it more, it's worth it in the long run.

Defiance doesn't do that much for you really as the object is to keep them at bay anyway, you're a semi-ranged attacker, keep the critters at range longer, meaning go for the HF :)

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
In that case your best bet will be Skin of the Vipermagi and that arachnid's mesh belt. Skins, especially when Um'd, will give you the resistance you badly need, along with skills and fast cast. For a hammerdin only enigma armor is better and even then it's only better for MF:ing purposes.

Spook_Cell

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm Skin of Vipermagi, I really don't see why this would be better than GA :scratch: . I find the resists aren't all that necessary since you can easily max them without it. Whereas GA gives you more max resist, faster block and more chance to block, so it will save you some points in dex that you can put into vitality.

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
while what you say is true, GA still requires you to put those points in Str instead of Vit....

Spook_Cell

Diabloii.Net Member
True but I'm going to be needing in the 100 range anyway so I can use Skullder's when MFing. I also don't like putting the bare minimum in str to use equipment with most characters especially if I have to change their items every now to mfing gear.

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
But will you get enough FCR if you use other armor that Vipermagi? I wouldn't have had enough for next breakpoint

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
The Fast Cast Rate breakpoints are the following:

0% fcr - 15 frames
9% fcr - 14 frames
18% fcr - 13 frames
30% fcr - 12 frames
48% fcr - 11 frames
75% fcr - 10 frames
125% fcr - 9 frames

I'd say go for the 75%, that 125% requires too much sacrifices for other abilities you could possibly get

strijdje

Diabloii.Net Member
Borlag said:
The Fast Cast Rate breakpoints are the following:

0% fcr - 15 frames
9% fcr - 14 frames
18% fcr - 13 frames
30% fcr - 12 frames
48% fcr - 11 frames
75% fcr - 10 frames
125% fcr - 9 frames

I'd say go for the 75%, that 125% requires too much sacrifices for other abilities you could possibly get
75% is indeed more then enough IMO, cause u will have such high damage on your hammers and if u want more FHR, u will need to sacrifice res and//or def which i dont recommend.. as far as the GA i agree with borlag and the rest, dont upgrade it, the str req will be way too high and u will need too invest alot more in strenght than is needed..

good luck with your pala

robin

Spook_Cell

Diabloii.Net Member
Actually with Guardian Angel, Herald of Zakarum, Arachnid's Mesh, 2*SoJ's, Mara's, Shako, Wizardspike and Magefists, I would have 90% all resists but 95% with a couple extra +max resists items as well as 90% FCR which is enough for the 10 frames breakpoint. Also does anyone have any suggestions for boots? I know that there is Silkweave but are there any other good options? Thx again for the help.

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Spook_Cell said:
Actually with Guardian Angel, Herald of Zakarum, Arachnid's Mesh, 2*SoJ's, Mara's, Shako, Wizardspike and Magefists, I would have 90% all resists but 95% with a couple extra +max resists items as well as 90% FCR which is enough for the 10 frames breakpoint. Also does anyone have any suggestions for boots? I know that there is Silkweave but are there any other good options? Thx again for the help.
War Travs for MF :)