Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Manual?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by RobO, Mar 3, 2004.

1. RobO

RobO IncGamers Member

Manual?

Hi there,

I just bought Diablo II and LOD on the bargain bin, and find the documentation to be somewhat lacking. I wonder if this is by design ofr if it is because I got a cheap version (labelled BestSeller Series).

I can walk my way around easily enough, kill critters and talk and trade as well, but I lack some basic info on the concepts of the game: Spells, skills, character types, hirelings etc. etc.

I can't find a pdf manual in the install directory - is there somewhere I can get this basic info?

2. captain_random

captain_random Banned

hey robo i can help u out if u have aim itll be quicker and easier for me to type
    my aim is baxt3rsaidso i can give u pointers

3. RobO

RobO IncGamers Member

Captain,

Thanks, but I don't have aim. I'm not very well versed in stuff like that - I tend to play single player games. I assume it's a<something> instant messenger.

My email can be deciphered from RobO_at_tele2adsl.dk (I get enough spam already, so I'd rather not type it directly). I hope that helps.

Robert.

4. Jaer

Jaer IncGamers Member

5. RobO

RobO IncGamers Member

Thanks, Jaer. That's pretty much what I was looking for - though I'll apparently have to experiment with the GUI to figure out how to do what. For example, my first character leveled up to level 2, which - I read now - is supposed to give me a skill point. But I didn't distribute any (only attribute points), so I'm obviously missing something.

Did the game come with a manual originally?

6. c64flash

c64flash IncGamers Member

yes the game came with a manual. You'll notice new skills at the bottom right hand side, notice the red box or press "t". New attributes points are on the bottom left or press "a".
    Hope you'll enjoy this great game, have fun !

7. RobO

RobO IncGamers Member

Thanks again, Jaer. I can see that the readme does have some of this stuff, and the battle.net site you referenced is pretty good too. And there are other sites. I'm sure I'll manage. But it's strange that they chose to cut out the manual in the budget version. I guess they had their reasons.

I have to admit that I got bored of Diablo (the first) fairly quickly. I usually go for turn based strategy. But I needed a break from that, and Diablo does have the advantage of presenting just the kind of diversion I need while not being overly complex.

8. RobO

RobO IncGamers Member

Sorry, I can see that was c64flash. I would edit it, but I can't figure out how. Very embarassing
    :uhhuh: