Mang songs lesson

devildriver

Diabloii.Net Member
Mang songs lesson

What is the chance for this item to drop?
Out of about 4-5 years of d2 i have only seen one of these.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Mang songs lesson

Tyrael's aside, the three unique TC87 rods are the rarest uniques in the game. This is due to rods dropping only 1/3 as often as other weapons. Astreon's, DWeb and Mang Song's are TC87 and 1/3 drop rate. Class specifics also have 1/3 drop rate (save for claws, which are 2/3) but class specific items have 40% greater chance of being unique than non-class specific items once they're selected to drop.

Arkardo

Diabloii.Net Member

But there aren't any unique class specific TC87 items, are there?

scoobs

Diabloii.Net Member

Never knew that, so I should consider myself lucky that I found 2 or 3 of each since I started playing again 6 months ago? Never found a Tyrael though.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

Sure there are, e.g. Death's Web. Also, class-specific is meant in a broader sense in that context and scepters, staves and wands count as such as well.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member

Death's Fathom, Darkforge Spawn are the two that comes to mind.

EDIT:
Sure there are, e.g. Death's Web. Also, class-specific is meant in a broader sense in that context and scepters, staves and wands count as such as well.
No, I did *not* mean the broader sense, I meant the items that say (class only). These items have had a greater chance of higher quality since 1.07 when they were first introduced, and it is still like that.

A sorc orb has a 1:240 "base" chance to spawn unique (or failed such) while a staff only has 1:400 (like most items). The ilvl-qlvl part was not concidered when I posted, but affects this chance IIRC. ATMA calculates all this (which is the sole reason that there is a difference in odds for Dweb and Astreons IIRC) and a clear difference between Dweb and Dfathom which are in the same TC.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

That's right. To clarify it: I just meant it with respect to the 1/3 chance of appearing (2/3 for claws).

Arkardo

Diabloii.Net Member

Ah, yes. My bad. Somehow I had the idea that all class specifics (I mean true class specific, like orbs) were Exceptional. Kind of silly, considering I've been running Pindle for a Death's Fathom for months.