Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Manashield question....

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Azcon(I), Feb 20, 2004.

1. Azcon(I)

Azcon(I) IncGamers Member

Manashield question....

if im right mana shield at level 40 does 95% absorb ...meening also for every 1 damage I lose 2 mana....but with telekinesis I can reduce the mana loss with -6.25% each level ...meaning at level 32 telekinesis I should lose 0 mana for every 1 damage ....with even more levels I should even recieve mana for every damage I take...though I have tested this on open battlenet and without much surprise this wasnt the case.....so what I whould like to know is what are the cap % levels for these skills?...

I also tested this in pvp and pvm on closed battlenet with 90% resists and some light/cold absorb...and 35% melee absorb 75% block...I had 400hp and for every attack I lost 1-12hp ...the manadrain was still large but not huge..I'm sure with 300-400 energy and level 20-40 warmth it can beat it....

Personaly I think this setup could be nice for HC pvm...but not realy in pvp becose of some few other things my shield doesnt absorb...especialy openwounds and poison beats my 400hp sorc real easy....and manadrain basicly kills me with 400hp left over and no mana left for teleport :flip:..

So I whould like to know the caps so I can calculate the best ballance of vit/nrg for my HC PvM sorc and dont waste to many skills in telekinesis becose of cap % ...

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Remember TK gives a synergy bonus to ES, so will only work on your base points in the skill (20 maximum). At that point you lose .75 mana for every 1 point of damage absorbed by ES.

3. Azcon(I)

I know...but I need to know the maximum % bonus I can get with telekinesis...becose I think its impossible to get 0 mana loss after level 32 TK...

4. helohi

helohi IncGamers Member

which part you didn't understand?

5. Azcon(I)

After reading it again....is he trying to say that I only get the synergy bonus from TK from the base skill points spent into it? and not the extra points I get from the items?...if so I never knew that you only get synegry bonuses from the base points spent into it....and does this count for other skills aswell or or just TK?

If this isnt what he ment than please try to explain it...becose when I readed it he stated something obvious that if I spent points into it, than I recieve an synergy bonus...and the maximum points I could spent into it was 20 and so at level 20 I get -125% mana loss bonus....

Just want to know:
    -Do I get 0 mana loss at level 32 TK becose that will give me -200% mana loss bonus to MS...
    -If not and there is a cap(wich there is becose I still lose mana)...how is it beeing calculated?

6. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Yes. This applies to all skills that give synergies, with a few exceptions (Druid wolves/bears, Skeleton Mastery, Summon Resist and Prayer all benefit from +skills when counting their synergy effect on other skills).

If it were possible to get level 32 TK synergy bonus, you would lose 0 mana for every point of damage absorbed. Since it isn't, the best you can do is to spend 20 points in TK, which means you lose 0.75 mana for every point of damage ES absorbs.