Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mana troubles.

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Minz mlf, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Minz mlf

Minz mlf IncGamers Member

Mana troubles.

Well, my sorc is dead...but am going to remake one...

I have a couple of questions.

Last time I went with a zero energy build...but I had to chug potions when teleporting anywhere. Is there any way to avoid this inconvinience? (I got shako now..that will help a bit) EShield didn't seem to kill my mana as much as teleporting.

Last time I went orb/icebolt/eshield/tk/static. Is this more effective or equally effective or less effective as a blizzard sorc for boss MFing?

Thanks in advance for your response.

2. JustGotOwned

JustGotOwned IncGamers Member

What lvl was she when she died? Mana regen helps a lot, as does warmth, the bigger mana pool you have the faster your mana will regen. :thumbsup:

3. Minz mlf

85. I could get to Durance3 without chugging any...but...I had to run a lot. and that is actually how I died...I ran right into fana+cursed maulers and was dead before I finished blinking.

I wasn't exactly wearing piss-poor gear, either. I had 800life/mana and capped resists with MF gear on.

Is being able to tele almost non-stop to Durance3 without running out of mana a viable dream?

4. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Yes it is.

I have a 0 energy build level 95 sorc. I am able to tele through ALL of Durance 2 (cause sometimes you just can't find the entrance to 3 :) ) without chugging mana potions. This is because of my much valued 100+ mana Bahamuts rings that I found early in the game. You can also gamble these rings BTW, I have 5 right now.

Now sometimes I'm going MF on Meph and then I swap the rings for dual Nagels, and even then it's possible to tele through Durance 2 with only 2 mana pots or something. I'm to lazy to swap them @ Meph's so I just chugg the mana pots. Nothing wrong with that.

BTW, Shako helps a LOT in your mana. Up to +100 is quite a lot. Wearing some extra +mana gear helps too. Frostburns and Wizardspike are the most notable for massive mana and FCR. My observation is that with around level 10 Warmth and level 10 Teleport you need around 1100-1200 mana to be able to teleport non-stop.

And yes, sometimes a 0 energy build can be a pain. Mostly this is the worst when boosting low level chars in Normal Diff because you can't buy good mana pots there.

5. Minz mlf

I recently obtained one of those 100+ mana rings. Haven't gotten to try it out yet, though. I think I'm going to wait until I have another Shako and a SS until I rebuild my sorc. Because, while not necessary, they surely help a lot.