Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

mana suckers - are they new?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by GoreSpilr, Feb 6, 2004.

1. GoreSpilr

GoreSpilr IncGamers Member

mana suckers - are they new?

lately I've been playing hell with my paladin, and quite frequently, I run into something that hits me once and sucks all my 135 mana points away. They never seem to say mana burn or anything like that. Just be fire immune. I've never noticed this before, but I'm playing a new build, so maybe certain aspects of this build make it more noticable. am I going crazy?
    GS.

2. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

Not really new... but more common/more effective...

There are a few monsters that steal Mana even when not Unique. Ghosts and Finger Mages are 2 that come to mind...

Also, the minions of a Unique boss share his mods to a certain degree, so the minions of any monster can sap your blue stuff if he has Mana Burn.

3. GoreSpilr

GoreSpilr IncGamers Member

yeah, I think it was the minion thing.
    really messes me up, being a hammerdin, get in kinda close sometimes, so it leaves me hanging.

4. BartXeno

BartXeno IncGamers Member

Yeah, the mana-burn minions are one of my pet peeves. My Hammerdin can handle them, but it is truly annoying. I'd hate to think what a mess it would be if they were fast hitters and you were a Sorc with poor blocking and hit recovery who just happened to teleport into the middle of a pack.

5. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

its not really new but it's fustrating.. lots of times it leaves my sorc stuck and unable to tele, i just use a full rejuv ^^

6. cyradis2003

cyradis2003 IncGamers Member

Could be just a personal quirk but I find the big blues work better than full juvvies - the mana suckers can hit you again but they only take away what has filled so if you chug a juvie you fill instantly and they take it all - you slurp up a blue they can only steal the part that has fully filled in - leaving that remaining part or the pot in there filling steadily as you cast. (this works nicely on baal as well)

LOL biiiiig run on sentance!

(sorcs may be different though - I am a druid or a necro so I don't tele)

7. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

No, these guys aren't new (well, maybe new in some areas of the game, such as in Worldstone). However, their mana draining is really noticible now because players have less mana in 1.10.

8. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

Err "less mama"? No.

More like:
    1.10 is caster favorable. We all play them now.
    1.10 spawns more minions with mods
    1.10 Spawns more
    1.10 better ai
    1.10 random spawns.

In essence, the mosnters are tougher. They were always there but now they are tougher. For example, a quill rate can freaking kill you now even with uber gear on. Before they were jokes.

9. Snatchxx

Snatchxx IncGamers Member

god damn, i know what u meen, ive had sticky situations with some chars that have very low resists in hell and them quill rats nvr botherd me be4, but now, i just feel sad when i see "Snatchxx was killed by A F**KING QUILL RAT" but yes, and i know it was sorta ot, but i just wanted to express my hatred for them guys, and yes, it is hell for a sorc, my sorc gets beat up by them mana draining sobs all the time

10. Mythreal

Mythreal IncGamers Member

Mythreal

You're not going crazy, the blue bulb vanishes sometimes. And not just quill rats, but all sorts of stupid simple monsters can kill if you are day dreaming like you could get away with in the old days. Last time my pally got sucked dry I tped back to town and then quite. Can be frustrating. At least my Sorc can tele away use a potion and then get back in there. I get drained mostly when mfing and using less +mana items.

We actually have to use potions now, can you believe it? LoL P.S. I love 1.10.

11. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

What I meant was that players have less mana than they used to. When 1.10 patch came out, my sorc ended up instead of having 1400 mana to having about 1000. This is because 1.10 changed the way +mana % items work. Also, mana regeneration is also changed a bit, so your mana goes back up a lot slower.

12. pliu

pliu Banned

no they are not new. Only they drain much more fast.