Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mana leech for M'avina Cold Maiden ?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Ed from Russia, May 14, 2008.

1. Ed from Russia

Ed from Russia IncGamers Member

Mana leech for M'avina Cold Maiden ?

I'm making a Cold Maiden at the moment, wearing M'Avina's set. But I have a hard time getting sufficient leech to keep shooting arrows (8-10 and my mana is finished). What I do now is switch to Strafe whenever my mana is down. I wear Crescent Moon (amulet) for the 15% mana leech, but would much prefer to wear maras. Or should I have invested in energy (have it at base now)?

Any suggestions?

2. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

Re: Mana leech for M'avina Cold Maiden ?

iirc insight is the no 1 suggestion to make, other then that silks and a few other +mak items might do the trick.

3. Ed from Russia

Didn't think of Insight; that would definitely work. Tnx.

4. prion

prion IncGamers Member

actually insight by itself won't do it...you may need to fill up on mana charms

5. BattleQueen

BattleQueen IncGamers Member

Get a CTA on switch if you can afford one so you can BO up your mana supply before entering the fray. :) Rare mana leech rings help too. A +2 zon rare/crafted amulet with dual leech wd be awesome if you can find one.

6. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

Take advantage of pierce to get multiple hits (for both FA damage, as well as physical damage that helps leech) and use mana potions. afaik your AR also affects the physical portion of your shot so if it keeps missing you may be getting low leech, not sure though.

Anyway the numbers I've ran show that using +skill/IAS/razortail/upped lycaner's will provide somewhat better freezing arrow and will only require 1 point in pierce with some +skills, as well as use items that are not as rare to get that damage.

7. Ed from Russia

CTA is not an option; there are still some other things higher on my wish list. I don't really like using charms either. But other suggestions are excellent. Insight will help me a lot even if it won't help immediately. I've got Pierce and mana leech (manald heal) and that works ok. Still, it look like Crescent Moon is one of the better options; not many other items can beat the 14% mana leech.

8. galzohar

Remember if you leech enough to only pot once in a while it's good enough, potions are dirt cheap anyway and it only takes a second to TP and get a refill, so you only need enough leech to not need to get to a level of potting that sends you to town after every pack.

9. Zelator

Zelator IncGamers Member

Silkweaves - 5 mana after each kill.

10. galzohar

Mana/kill is good when you play with twinked gear in normal/nightmare but in hell it costs too much mana to kill a monster for mana/kill to be a decent source of regen. Every little bit helps though.

11. frooglemon

frooglemon IncGamers Member

Insight+ BO+ scs=alright but kinda overdone

I have a converted zon (she was original d2 with psn bow and freezing arrow) and yes your mana is never there. Its hard to pick up items for yourself to wear because of mav set but you can always rely on your merc and my best friend, Akara, for nice mana. Its true that the mana after kill is helpful but not enough. I ended up wearing duel manalds and crescent moon amulet to get enough mana leech per hit. Other than that, let your merc attack while you shoot some multi or strafe shots to get mana back. (Just read that your using what i suggested already...dam)

- I know that every build in the world says this except for an es sorc but...when i made my original zon, i gave her points into energy. Granted this was at the point when i was wearing a 3 Perf Sapphire helm and lycanders for mana but ever since with full mavs and manalds with crescent, i dont find it all that bad. Sure I always have a good 20 or so mega-mana pots on me but its not like they are rare or anything.

My only other advice is to use your attack sparingly. Use the cold duration/freezing duration in you favor and use a different less mana-consuming attack to kill them (i know there arent many good ones but...they are cheaper in terms of mana cost)

Just my 3 cents

12. Kiss My Axe

Kiss My Axe Banned

This is still annoying. I'm using pots like crazy in normal with an 8 percent leech level. The minute I switch to normal attack, my mana starts building back up.

13. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

If you have enough skill points drop a few into Strafe. Use that instead of normal attack to regen the mana. Use a back and forth approach. Freeze them, strafe them. freeze them, strafe them again and repeat. It will be less annoying. Strafe will kill more quickly then normal attack.

14. Kiss My Axe

Kiss My Axe Banned

Strafe costs 11 mana. If cold arrow maxed is around half that and draining my mana with 8 percent leech, I fail to see how this will resolve it. Amazons are too mana hungry.. bows are piss weak and too rare.

15. Dacar92

What level are you?

Are you using Mavina's? Yes the bow is the weakest link in the set.

Do you have a Witchwild String? Much better bow. Inherent low damage still, but with a couple shaels you'll attack faster and with the amp you will kill faster.

Do you have any access to more mana leech? You need more than 8%. Otherwise it will be annoying, at least until you get to higher levels. (over 40ish)

16. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Strafe costs 11 mana but it also does more than just 1 hit per cast, especially if multiple enemies are on screen. The overall physical (=leeching) damage you do with Strafe far outstrips that of FA, cast-per-cast.

17. Kiss My Axe

Kiss My Axe Banned

I was still playing normal, and I don't buy items and I don't twink em. To me, it's cheating.

18. Dacar92

Well, that's a pretty young zon there. If you're not twinking then you'll have to deal with the lack of mana for a time. Take potions everywhere with you. Their cheap. The concentrate on mana leech and damage. Don't be ashamed to place a few points in energy too. Most in Dex but a few in energy might help the annoyance factor.

19. Kiss My Axe

Kiss My Axe Banned

Thanks for your input. I ****canned this zon and created a new one who was so much better. The build that I was basing the first one on only put 1 pt in CS, which to me is pure madness. I lubs me some passive skillz. So, I fixed it and got a circlet with nice lightning damage, and things went down nicely in Act 3. Then my laptop blew up and lost it.

Oh well. I'm now playing a lightning zon and rocking normal.