mana and life leech

vexer

Diabloii.Net Member
mana and life leech

does mana leech also work for sorcereress casting spells? it says 6% stolen per hit...will that work with spells too?

Oddity

Diabloii.Net Member
vexer said:
does mana leech also work for sorcereress casting spells? it says 6% stolen per hit...will that work with spells too?
For a Sorc you want +X to mana after each kill, it's much more useful than leech. Unless it's on a merc. Leech on a merc is good.

Gaza0469

Diabloii.Net Member
all leach's are only available from physical damage - even if you have a sword that says 100-150 damage +200 cold damage, the leach will only be taken off the base damage.

Note as well that leach is reduced versus bosses, and it becomes less efficient in NM and less again in Hell.

You cannot leach from the undead either.

vexer

Diabloii.Net Member
what are some good items that have +x to mana after a kill for a low level beginner cause i use SOOOO much mana i spam a full belt of pots in like 2 mins

Oddity

Diabloii.Net Member
Lore is a nice cheap runeword that gives 1 to all skills and some mana per kill. Are you on west ladder?

Frex

Diabloii.Net Member
If you happen to have three perfect Sapphires and a three socket helm lying around, you could always consider making a 3 Perf. Sapp helm for the big + mana bonus.

vexer

Diabloii.Net Member
no im on the east ladder and i dont even have the expansion im really noob but im gonna buy it...what is lore? where do i find them?

Frollo

Diabloii.Net Member
I got another question on life and mana leech.

If I have a Paladin using the Concentration aura, is the life and mana being leeched based on his 'natural' damage only, or is the damage bonus from the aura taken into account?

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
Frollo said:
I got another question on life and mana leech.

If I have a Paladin using the Concentration aura, is the life and mana being leeched based on his 'natural' damage only, or is the damage bonus from the aura taken into account?
I believe it's based on your entire physical damage. So yes, it would take into account the extra damage given by Concentration.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Gaza0469 said:
You cannot leach from the undead either.
You can't leech from those being immune to physical damage (ghosts in hell mode) or having 0% drain effectiveness (skeletons), but you can generally leech from undead which still have flesh on their bones, like zombies.