Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Malthael at T7... yikes

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by ZappaFan, Aug 31, 2015.

1. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Last night I was running bounties with my Dual BK/6 Wastes barb. I'd already run a complete set of bounties once on T7 and it wasn't much of a big deal when 2.3 first hit. Running them again to get some more cube mats, and had completed all of them except a couple in Act V and I see that Malthael is the next bounty. This little voice said "hmmm, haven't ever done him for a bounty, I wonder if he's just like he is in story mode". I had taken this barb, just for something different to do, through the entire story line on T6 prior to 2.3 just to see how quickly I could do it (about 4.5 hrs. for what it's worth). On T6 Mal was no big deal.

T7 as a bounty appears to be a whole different thing, tho. It wasn't even close. He pretty much mopped the floor with me. I know there's a bigger jump from T6 to T7 than there is between T's below 6 but OMG. Still had all the bounty bags in my inventory, including two bonus bags. :-( *facepalm*

On the bright side, I had stocked up on lvl 25 Ease gems, and I had a full compliment of backup gear (most of it ancient), and I started his replacement wearing all lvl 1 end-game gear. Self-PA 1-70 in 20 minutes.

tougeznut likes this.
  2. Aahzmadius

Aahzmadius Diabloii.Net Member

I hear you. I just about lost my Crusader to him in a T7 fight, and I was definitely nervous going in. Luckily, kar98's barb tanked him while I healed, and we emerged victorious. Now when I create games I check for that one, and re-create if it's there. *Shudder*

tougeznut and ZappaFan like this.
  3. Timesink

Timesink Diabloii.Net Member

Agreed. Almost died to Mal in T7 when grouped with Dark. With two wizards there was no tanking, just a lot of running and screaming. Well I'm sure Dark was calm, cool, and collected. Me? Not so much...

Aahzmadius, tougeznut and ZappaFan like this.
  4. darkrealm

darkrealm IncGamers Site Pal

When you die as much as I have dying is not a matter of if but more like when. No worries though...we got him pretty fast!

5. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

When deeds is inevitable relax and enjoy it? :p

tougeznut likes this.
  6. tougeznut

tougeznut Diabloii.Net Member

Isn't it great when the fight was worth the deeds? You can come away with a feeling of "I fought that one to the end".

Much better than our previous one shot deeds

7. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

hes a nasty basterd for sure and almost got me on T4... I was looking to get my Reapers Wraps Plan on new ladder and almost deeded on the 1st poison/whatever that white shit is wave.. had to heal run and hope I didn't deed and I barely survived that encounter...

8. Avernus

Avernus Diabloii.Net Member

I've been very reluctant to take on Malthael on Hard difficulty or better due to video problems. It seems in higher difficulties his second or third wave 'blood ball' attack fills the screen, the sound card buzzes and the screen goes black while the fight is still running. There's been others with the same problem on the Blizzard forums with no answer, so I was wondering if anybody running Mal on Torment and higher have encountered this problem? It only happens at this one part of the game... I've pretty much defeated the rest of the bosses/packs with no graphic issues.

I Would love to farm bounties and build up my characters, its just frustrating not being able to risk ACT 5 when he is one of the listed bounties. Have you guys encountered this in hardcore at all? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

9. Aahzmadius

Aahzmadius Diabloii.Net Member

I have not run into this particular error. I do have a robust video card, however, so I could see it being an issue for older cards, maybe? Or does that not apply to you? I *have* had the Desolate Sands error on my laptop where that level will not load any graphics at all...just eternal black. AMD's beta version of its drivers fixed that.

ZappaFan likes this.