Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Malice Open Wounds Bugged

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Vindictive, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Vindictive

Vindictive IncGamers Member

Malice Open Wounds Bugged

I have been using the malice runeword on my kicker (in runic talons, primary claw) and seeing if the open wounds procs when pvp. At first I assumed it would activate everytime as it is 100%. But I heard that open wounds was capped at 95% (active open wounds at least), so maybe not every kick. But then after >10 kicks open wounds still didn't cast.

So the question is, is open wounds from Malice bugged in PvP in some way (I am thinking it doesn't work alltogether)?

Vindi

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

If Malice is indeed your primary weapon, there shouldn't be a problem...Maybe you have terrible attack rating:) or maybe it's lag.

3. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Open wounds is not capped. At 100% it will activate on every hit.

It's highly unusual that only a single item is bugged, and then only in PvP, so my guess is that the Malice isn't your primary claw either.

4. Vindictive

Vindictive IncGamers Member

Did some more testing, tried malice on both primary and secondary and bartucs as my other claw.
    Was kicking with a lvl 87 kicker against a level ** pala with 600def, holy shield not active and I had 16k AR...
    With that I did not cast open wounds once with malice on left and right claw slots.
    If someone else could test it out for me that would be good. I hope I am not just being an idiot

EDIT: Tested it out with Lunatic and it works :eek:

5. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

Malice is so fun. Heck, so many low level runewords are fun to make in crappy weapons to fool around with.

For kicks, I made a Zephyr runeword in a bow. I joined a trade game with 6 people, and NONE of them had ever seen it before. They asked me if it was a new runeword. :uhhuh:

6. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

Oh, now hearing that was hilarious. Definately worth the investment if you ask me.

7. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Left or right slots are irrelevant

Try using a Barbarian with two quite different swords (say Rixot's and Shadowfang) then arming one after the other. As with Tancred's Battlegear and Skull Splitter the weapon that's armed first is always the primary weapon, with the last armed weapon secondary. It matters not which hand it is in as the primary weapon will always appear in the right hand on-screen. If you wish to know for sure then arm a shield instead of a second weapon and test it that way, but this information is from years of play.