Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Malfunctioning Cube

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Chinchilla Queen, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Chinchilla Queen

Chinchilla Queen IncGamers Member

Malfunctioning Cube

My cube has never been able to transmute any runes, although gems have always worked fine. Now that my character is poised to kill Diablo in NM, I think it's time to get a functioning cube. Is there a solution besides gritting my teeth?

Chinchilla Queen

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Perhaps you overlooked that thul and higher runes need a gem of some kind in addition. And in non-ladder you can't transform any runes of dol and up.

If that's the case, see here for further details.

3. Chinchilla Queen

Malfunctioing cube

Unfortunately, my cube refuses to transmute ANY runes! For example, stick 3 Tir runes in the cube, push the transmute button, and you're still staring at 3 Tir runes, like an idiot. It pisses me off! I've played alot of other characters, and none of them had this problem.

Chinchilla Queen

4. c64flash

c64flash IncGamers Member

That's strange. You could ditch the cube and go up to the Halls of the dead to get an new one ...

Is that single player, and if yes what version do you play ?

5. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Also, perhaps a silly remark but anyway: make sure there are only the runes in the cube, nothing else. I thought once that you couldnt cube runes, until someone told me i should have removed those health pots who were also in my cube ;)

6. Chinchilla Queen

Yes, it's single player. As to what version, um...it's my kids' game--all I know is it's the expansion?!! (56 years old and playing Diablo. I'm for sure the only one on my block.)

7. grnmtnguy2004

grnmtnguy2004 IncGamers Member

Well you are not totally alone. You have me beat by 4 yrs. :lol: I'm sure there are other over 50's having a great time playing Diablo. Hope you find an answer to your cubing problem. Maybe blame Durf! :flip:

8. ondergetekende

ondergetekende IncGamers Member

You should connect ot b.net once, get the newest patch, and then try again. On download the newest patch here:
    http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=mdt0387p

9. missmollygrue

missmollygrue IncGamers Member

You are definately not alone! I had the exact same problem. I was playing expansion right out of the box (1.8 no patches) and the cube wouldn't upgrade my runes. Strangely enough, I signed up for this forum to solve the problem last week. :p

When I did was upgrade to 1.10 (mostly because I couldn't find 1.9 for some odd reason). Now my runes upgrade beautifully AND I can buy mana potions (yea!) but rejuv potions require a gem to transmute, AND the game is kicking my ***!!!

10. Chinchilla Queen

malfunctioning cube

Thanks, everyone! I slapped on the latest patch, and what a difference! I haven't accumulated enough runes of the same kind to try the cube yet, but anticipate success. I was playing an antique version of Diablo LOD without even realizing it. [Who said you get smarter with age?!] My 2 former boyfriends were both computer freaks, and always took care of these little tasks for me. I knew those weasels were good for SOMETHING besides the obvious....