Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Male Witch Doctor Gear Set Revealed

Discussion in 'Witch Doctor' started by Mad Mantis, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Male Witch Doctor Gear Set Revealed

Blizzard has revealed a full set of gear for the Male WD. This is not an item set, such as Trang-Oul's Avatar, but just a full outfit of items of equivalent level.

[​IMG]

They are going to be releasing more of these gear sets leading up to Blizzcon. The gear set for the female witch doctor will be released on October 12th.

Overall the gear set looks a bit "meh" to me. It's not bad and not great. I like the mask with the tusks, but the rest of it looks rather bland and brown. I know that it is not a high level gear set, but I would have loved a bit more decoration. Adding some extra bones and feathers and such like you see on the WD page of the official Diablo 3 website.

By the looks of it, the WD is going to have a heavy armor consisting of heavy leaves and heavy feathers. Something discussed in another thread.

What do you guys think of the revealed gear set? What do you expect for the female WD gear set? Are you happy that the WD seems to be getting some more attention in the last weeks? Discuss! Discuss!

2. Es Mors

Es Mors Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Male Witch Doctor Gear Set Revealed

I like it. I'm always a fan of starting out small and weak and then evolving the character into a strong and full of epicness one. So, I'm glad Blizzard didn't fall into the trap of making everything overly epic from the start of the game.

Thumbs up from me!

3. AtomicJ

AtomicJ Diabloii.Net Member

I see what you're saying, Mantis. That set is a little underwhelming. Maybe the dyes will spice it up a little. At least it's better than the jawbone helmet that the WD wore in the Act 2 gameplay videos.:wink: Ultimately, I'm not worried. Not when I know there will be sets like this:

[​IMG]

4. Adree

Adree Diabloii.Net Member

I think both of those armor sets look great. I think the witch doctor looks the worst starting out (no armor, no flashy clothes), but looks the most amazing and unique once he/she gets the armor set rolling. Pretty big contrast from the beginning of the game to the end…

5. StrongCoffee

StrongCoffee Diabloii.Net Member

Isn't the female WD gear set taking too long to appear? I really want to see that one

6. fromtheshadow

fromtheshadow Diabloii.Net Member

it seems each time they post the set previews later in the day, annoying

7. StrongCoffee

Well, its already 23.15 pm here in Chile and now Im watching the rescue of the 33 miners...I can wait to see the female WD tomorrow morning

8. fromtheshadow

fromtheshadow Diabloii.Net Member

well, it's not past mid night here in cali yet so technically they can still post and keep their word. but i got a feeling they blew it today and might post it tomorrow. I mean how hard is it to upload a simple pic of a character? major fail dude.

9. StrongCoffee

Thats it, they`re late. Maybe the devs will show botch female WD and male wizard tomorrow? I dont know, its the first time Blizzard fails to keep its word with an update.

10. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Typical that they miss the update that contains the female WD. For some reason I think that Blizz doesn't really like the WD.

11. badKarma

badKarma Diabloii.Net Member

I definately will be playing the male version! Love the goat mask as well, i always hated those annoying goatmen, weren't so bad in D2, but in D1 they were beasts!

Also I think it's cooler that the male WD has a bigger hunch, gives it more character. Female version seems too watered down, in my opinion.