Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

making "white"

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by sunshine, Mar 26, 2005.

1. sunshine

sunshine Banned

making "white"

I was wondering what the best possible mods were on a plain nec wand for white and how to go about finding it. Currently using the unique lich wand which is nice as well.

2. Chimaira

Chimaira Diabloii.Net Member

I'm not sure what the best possible mods are but +3 bone spirit or +3 to whatever skill you are using would be awesome...just pick up all the wands you find. There's not really much you can do to increase your chances of getting a good one..You could wear less magic find to increase the chances of "ordinary" items dropping but that seems stupid.

3. Lets Go Caps

Lets Go Caps Diabloii.Net Member

I believe that Drognan in A2 normal sells 2 socketed wands. Whenever you leave town his inventory is reset. So just look at his wands and if theres nothing you want, leave town and come back and check again. It may take quite a few repetitions of this but you'll eventually find one you want.

4. Chimaira

Chimaira Diabloii.Net Member

I don't think the wands that Drognan sells in act 2 can get the + to bone spirit...

5. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 Diabloii.Net Member

No, but they can get +3 to bone spear. Bone spear is probably the most useful pvm bone skill.

6. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy Diabloii.Net Member

I only use Spear against zons / assns who seems impossibly too evasive to be hit by spirits. I use Spirits for most of the times.

I suppose the best would be like +2 nec +2 spear or something of the sort along with +all resi or +%fcr.

- Dennis

7. tururu

tururu Diabloii.Net Member

All the items that you can buy from a NPC are Magical, so you can make rws on them... correct me if i'm wrong plz :$

8. RetroStar

RetroStar Diabloii.Net Member

Dennis: +2Nec can only spawn on magical items so you can't make a runeword out of those.

Tururu: Non magical can be bought from NPC.

9. goofycaca

goofycaca Diabloii.Net Member

Act 2 Normal Drognan sells both magical, socketed and normal wands. NPC's beyond Act 2 normal only sell magical wands that are NOT suitable for rune words.

The best bet for a white wand is to simply pick up ever wand that falls to see if it can be used. If not then discard it. There is nothing you can do to speed up finding a +3 Spirit wand. You can buy a +3 bone spear wand from Act 2 normal Drognan, but it can take a number of trips before you get one to spawn in his inventory. When it does you will have to decide if the additional skills are worth it. If you are using Marrows then you obviously don't want bone prison, etc. Also make sure that you check they type of wand as well as the classification. Some wands cannot get enough sockets. Additionally some wands will be magical or already have a single socket, you cannot use these for the White word. Act 2 normal Drognan CANNOT sell a wand with bone spirit. So don't bother looking for that.

The best course is to check with Drognan frequently until a suitable +3 bone spear wand spawns. White it and play on until a wand is dropped from a creature with the mods that you want. Basically there is no other way.

10. Necrochild313

I was referring to pvm (player versus monster) :p

11. Pherdnut

Pherdnut Diabloii.Net Member

I think a normal +3 Bone Spear +3 Bone Spirit would be the best you could hope for. Not even sure if lvl 18 and 30 skills can mix on the same wand though. I'm fairly certain I've never seen lvl 1 skill mix with 18+ though, so no Skeleton Mastery or anything like that which would be cool for a hybrid.

I think Act 2 normal is the last stop for buying nonmagical wands. If you can get them from Act 3 they're pretty rare. Lvl 18 seems to be level limit for all skills on droggie's wands though.

12. Uzziah

Uzziah Diabloii.Net Member

You can get any skill in the tiers at +3, the thing to remember is that:

1. You can only go up 1 tier and down 2 tiers which means you can have tiers 1-4, 2-5, 3-6 on any given wand; but not tiers 1 and 6, 1 and 5, or 2 and 6 at the same time.
    2. Some skills such as poison dagger are restricted in such a way that they can never drop as a staffmod. This is a problem that few have seen, thus no one mentions the problem as a bug that should be fixed. Thrugg explained why this happens though I don't remember the thread with his explaination.
    3. Staffmods and runeword +skills add together so having matching skills can be beneficial.

There is a description of the staffmod process in my guide at the SPF, Guide to Altering Items Ingame. It goes over the staffmod process and how to get some of the harder to find staffmods, tricks to make your search easier.

13. Hypnectic

Hypnectic Diabloii.Net Member

Best bet for white

Try to find a wand that has as many possible +skills, I usually look for wands that not only add Bone Skills but also a curse. The best i haev ebeen able to find was a +3 to bone spirit and +1 to lower resists. A wand like that is extremely hard to find. Especially since there is 2 lvl30 skills on it.
    Also the best place to find them is, like others have stated Act2 Drognan, or do nightmare/hell cows with a very small amount of MF gear, say 20-30% this way alot fo socketed gear will drop from the cows. Overall Id say go with a white that has a few skills on it not only bone but go for a curse as well.

That +3 spirit and +1 Lower Resists wand that I found is on my lvl 35 Dueler. so that way I have alot of dmg from bone skills and I didnt have to many points in to the curse tree to get lower resists.

Anther helpful runeword is Rhyme and Splendor. You can use a 2os shield with +skills that are added upon the RW bonuses, in combination you can have a pretty sick set of gear. Happy Hunting.

Hyp~~

14. Pherdnut

Pherdnut Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the explanation Uzziah. That clears up a lot. So maybe a +3 Bone Spear with nice Golem bonuses on it would be a possibility then.

I'm guessing that poison dagger thing isn't a bug since there would be no point of having a bonus to the poison dagger skill on any weapon that wasn't a dagger.

15. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

another nice thing would be a wand with +3 spear, as well as a skill like decrep which you only invest 1 point into, but need to use 3 total to get to it, so that +1 decrep could save you 3 points

16. Necrochild313

Early in the patch I found a cracked yew wand with +1 psn dagger. Serverside patch maybe? Or maybe it can only spawn on low quality items (for some reason). I screenied it, if I hadn't had to system restore that computer 2 times from then I'd post the screenie. I thought it was quite useless :).

17. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon Diabloii.Net Member

I have done my share of shopping drognan for +3 bone spear wands. It isn't that hard. Just make sure the game your in has the town entrance behind drognan, and that there is either nobody but you in the game, or nobody but you doing stuff in act2. I hate it when friends join my private games as I'm shopping, standing around in town going afk. :mad:

Now for the best wands I have shopped.

1st place: A +3 bone spear, +3 Terror, +1 Skeleton Mastery wand. It was the first 3 skill wand that had +3 bone spear. That thing costed so much gold. It costed around 410k with a 15% reduce vendor price Gheed and Edge bow equipped. At first I did not have enough. No one on my f list was on, I couldn't leave town to find more gold, So I had to make 100k from the items in my stash. I had to sell all my pgems/flawless (Thank god skulls sell for so much), and a few gold find gc's and sc's.

2nd Place : +3 Bone spear, +2 confuse. It was the first +3 bone spear wand I ever shopped, so I /f m and told everyone about it and how I would make a +8 to spear white. A buddy of mine joined my game as said he had to have it. He gave me a tal ammy for it :D , then went to act 5 and socketed it. I gave him the runes to make it, and we both left very happy. 5 minutes later I traded that tal ammy for an um. LoL. A 12k wand shopped from drognan ended up getting me an um. Now thats a good purchase if I ever saw one.

3rd Place : +3 Bone spear, +1 Golem Mastery. This was the last +3 spear want I got before hitting a 30 minute streak of +3 bone spearless wands. I got bored and went on to do something else.

Now, I have a question. I got a +3 +3 +1 on that wand from drognan. Can you get +3 +3 +3?

Is it possible to get a +3 Skeleton Mastery, +3 Raise Skeleton, +3 Summon Resist wand from drognan? That would be perfect for the skellimancer I'm about to make.

+3 PnB
    +3 Bone Armor
    +2 Bone Spear
    +7 Skeleton Mastery
    +3 Raise Skeleton
    +3 Summon Resist.

Arm of King Leoric would be better I geuss, but If you dont want to pay for that and instead make your own, this wand would rock.

18. Uzziah

Uzziah Diabloii.Net Member

3/3/3 is possible but its a 1/1000 chance.

skeleton mastery is tier 1, check that can drop

raise skeleton is tier 1, check that can drop with skeleton mastery

summon resist is tier 5, uh oh, we have a problem with this and the other two staffmods.

You can go down 2 tiers and up 1 tier so if we used a tier 3 item we could get the skeleton mastery and raise skeleton but we would be 1 tier short of summon resists. if we use tier 4 we could get summon resist but we would be limited to tiers 2-5 so skeleton mastery and raise skeleton couldn't drop.

So no you will not be able to get a +3 skeleton mastery, +3 raise skeleton, +3 summon resist for making a white wand.