Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

making of a dream team !

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by bluedragoon, Apr 30, 2005.

1. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

making of a dream team !

hi me and my friend are getting a bit bored of softcore, its just no fun anymore, and wanted to try hardcore, we both play a lot together, and wanted to make a good team, UNTWINKED ( not because we like that but we just don't have any hc items :) ) what would be a good team, where we both would be able to kill some monsters. I was thinking of one melee, for protection and one sorc or magician to do high damage spells, but both should be able to do the game on their own. So some suggestions please. I was thinking of a summun necro and something, but let me hear all ur ideas :thumbsup:

2. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

Summoner Necromancer
    Fanatical Zealot Paladin

They make a good team. :) It's relatively slow, but it can take down anything. But, my favorite two person team is . . .

Blizzard Sorceress
    Hammerdin

. . . They work well. But honestly, for beginning hardcore I would say the anything and a summoner necro is a safe bet. A lot of people suggest lightning trappers as well. :) I hope I help.

Lucky

3. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

Necro/trapper also works well, once you get some wealth definitely check out the pally/blizz combo, you can run over anything with it, trust me on that

cheers
    -tai

4. bluedragoon

i was also thinking something down the line of an avenger(for the convic) with high defense and a sorc or elementalist who does fire/light dmg

5. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Untwinked you probably need one of the following:

1. a Summoning Necro to tank and curse (mmm, Lower Resists)
    2. a BO Barb or Oak Druid to boost life by huge amounts

Without one of these you're really playing with fire doing hardcore untwinked. Sure you can solo the game with just about any build with a good connection and cautious play stlye, but better safe than sorry.

After that, you need some sort of mass killing build: Blizzard or pure Fire Sorc, Javazon, Hammerdin, Trapper. There are certain combinations that are better suited to go together than others, of course.

6. bluedragoon

Ok i guess im going with a summoner then. would LR help skeleton mages, cause i never knew if they where doing good or bad dmg, havent read it anywhere. dunno what my friend wants to built, but well figure something out :) if he is an elementalist more points in LR and if hes melee then ???? decrep ? and im also doing some points in clay golem that dude just rocks :) thnx for ur replies all

should i go max block or max vita ? remember that i have absolutely no gear on hc

7. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

necro untwinked i assume you are going skellmancer with 1 point in all curses etc.

i honestly wudnt try skel mages heavily, with 1 pt in it itll eventually get you a few.

base block, because untwinked itd take 200+dex for block, and better to max vit, id say ~90 str and rest vit, but thats me.

i dont know if youve ever used it in sc, but dim vision will save your life versus gloams, you see them, you cast dv all over the place, it gives your skels time to close.

secondary charcter can be anything really, barb for bo/cries, trappasin, hammerdin, blizzsorc etc. as long as you have access to all curses, you can adapt to their playstyle

cheers
    -tai

8. PhatTrumpet

Mages are teh suxxors. Get a point in LR either way, but convince your partner to play an elementalist. A melee build is just gonna get pwned, most likely.

This seems like an effective but fun team to me: Necro Summoner + Orb/Fireball Sorc.

9. bluedragoon

i dont think it would be handy for my friend to use a cold sorc, because cold mastery already gives -cold resist, so ill just tell him to do a fire sorc or trapper, or even a hammerdin to help my troopers :)

10. PhatTrumpet

It's not a cold sorc, it's dual tree. With dual tree you don't normally have a ton of spare points to throw into Cold Mastery. The point is a single-tree sorc is gonna kill well on its own. With the addition of LR it's just overkill, so might as well go with two elements that are slightly weaker and only throw one point into Cold Mastery. One point in CM stacked with LR curse is just about enough to max most monsters' negative resists which are capped at -100. This also makes your team more versatile.

Similar to the -cold resist thing, why have a trapper that's going to be using Death Sentry when the Necro already has CE?

The only problem I have with a Hammerdin is sometimes having to get close to monsters to kill them. But if your friend is experienced with aiming hammers that might be your best option.

11. Dportwrestling

Dportwrestling IncGamers Member

Ok Me and a friend did this in the begining of ladder. He made a Pure skele/Courpse explosion necro. Lower resist and amp. And i made a Enchant sorc. WORKED WONDERS. get ur friends enchanter a ravenclaw so he can do damage on his own. 10 skeles with at least a 2k chant with lower res.. AND THEN CE. major carnage. I would highly encourage this!