Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Making my last Necro

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by HarbingersOfSkulls, Sep 9, 2006.

1. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Making my last Necro

It's a venomancer that will be using a rustbucket made out of insight and a waheed prayer merc...and using the compelete Trang's set with a death web.

My stats are:

Strength-84
    Dexterity-zero
    Vitality-rest

Skills are (or will be):
    PD-maxxed
    PE-maxxed
    PN-maxxed

1 point into all curses up to LR and in DV *which gives me -55% LR*

Golem Mastery-maxxed
    Rustbucket-maxxed
    Summon resist-1 point *is at 61% now*
    Blood golem & fire golem will get remaining points between them

*Blood golem adds 5% life per level to rustbucket*
    *Fire golem adds 6% damage per level to rustbucket*

In 2 more levels I'll have the last poison skill maxxed and then will start on maxxing golem mastery...I'm level 66 at the moment.

Few questions though...what weapon would be good for waheed to carry? I was thinking infinity but it doesn't help with posion like it does for the others.

And what would a good split of points between blood and fire golems? I was thinking of going with a 50/50 split or 75/25 with most going into fire for more damage.

Any suggestions?

HoS

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Interesting. Figured you would do something like this. I assume you ran the numbers already for the distribution. Don't you have a preference, HoS?

3. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

MM, how come it always says youre offline?

4. Mad Mantis

I set it that way in my profile. Then I don't show up at the top of the forum, meaning I won't scare people with my green name.

5. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

Infinity just looks cool on merc. Doom maybe for the holy freeze?

If not, get an eth obediance, 1k+ damage on weapon alone and 40% cb.

6. HarbingersOfSkulls

Ya infinity looks cool...but doesn't do anything for a venomancer (although honestly I don't need it because of the -poison resist I already have from the trang's shield and death web)...but was wondering how it would effect my insight rustbucket as well as waheed.

Doom is a option since I have no corpses to worry about for summons.

Waheed is using a eth obedience now with a eth fortitude and soon will have a tal's helm to wear as well...he's level 63.

HoS

7. HarbingersOfSkulls

Knowing that you've been around here as long as I have (damn near since the beginning of the forums MM)...you would remember the Trang's set adventure that kbob and a few others did at that time...as well as the WloK adventure that You/Patsy (he had to use patsay instead because someone stole his name)/NC/Peacrusher/Myself and a few others that was new to the necro forum at that time for the start of the new ladder season.

Well I've basically have combined both into a small group this time around on west ladder(there's only 5 of us this time because we couldn't get more people to get involved at the time we started).

Instead of it being only Trang's set like kbob's group did...I made it where it could be any set they choose to use. I went Trang's...cuz I am a necro overall...clay bizzle choose the IK set...kiba went with aldur's (wolf of course)...puma chose the disciples set with the set that has the 2 two swords in it only (forgot the name of it) for a frenzy barb...and kiba's sister went aldur's as well.

And the rules are the same as it was for when we did WloK...no pubby games...must be a new character only...can't beat a act boss solo(have to have at least 2 people in the party to do so)...and no outside help.

About my build though...I figured I would have to make what is my favorite necro build but only with a twist (by not using skeletons like I've done too many times before) and go with a rustbucket instead so that I could kinda be a venomancer/golemancer of sorts. Since they both are my favorite builds (even over the commando).

I haven't ran the numbers...although I remember in the pally forum in one guide about getting the most out of the FoH damage...and would like to do so for my rustbucket instead. Obviously...although I've always been partial to more damage...I know that the rustbucket won't need to do much damage for me since I'll be doing most of the killing anyway once I hit hell.

Which leads me to have as much life for him as possible with the rest in flame for whenever damage he can get extra...Reason for a prayer waheed (who I got at level 13) is to help in healing the rustbucket when needed and myself as I was leveling and rest of the group to. I found no need for a might merc since it doesn't do much for either me or rustbucket...and I handle PI's very easy.

If you have a link or any ideas about the point split for blood and flame golems to further help with getting the most out of rustbucket it would be great MM.

Just a note...I'm not retiring from the game or the necro forum for that matter...but I've made every necro build in the game and a few many times over and if I was going to make one last necro...this one would be how I would do it.

HoS

8. Mad Mantis

This distribution fed to a skill calc gave me a spent total of skill points of 113. You may want to reconsider your spending.

9. HarbingersOfSkulls

I knew that you would do this to me MM :thumbsup:

Here's the skill point break down so far at level 70 (still in nm):

PD-maxxed
    PE-maxxed
    PN-maxxed
    Preregs-2

Total-62 pts

One into each curse leading to LR & DV

Total-8 pts

Gumby-1 pt
    Blood-1 pt
    Rustbucket-1 pt
    Golem mastery- 3 pts so far *just started on working towards maxxing it now.
    Summon resist-1 pt.

Total-7 pts so far.

Have not added anything to flamer golem yet because I want to get golem mastery done first.

In fact not even sure if I need to max rustbucket afterall since doing so would raise the thorns damage and his defense and I kill faster than his thorns damage would do...which would leave me more points to spend between blood and flamer golem.

HoS

10. Corvus94

Corvus94 IncGamers Member

Just a thought. You said you want to get the most damage out of the golem. Do you need the insight aura? Trangs set has 275-300 to mana and 60% regen, plus you said you are using death's web which has 7-12 to mana after each kill. Poison nova only costs 20 mana and isn't really effective spammed. Unless you are relying on ce alot, I wouldn't think that you have mana issues. Maybe you could make him out of a cheap eth obedience or something, for the crushing blow. Just watch out for iron maiden. My venommancer had around 400ish mana and he didn't run out very often, unless I was doing baal runs with friends and using ce a lot to speed things up.

11. HarbingersOfSkulls

Mana isn't a issue for me because I have 720 between the Trangs' set and 2x soj's and with the regeneration from trang's set & using death web (like you pointed out)...but I'm also trying to help out the wolf and 2 barbs in this group that I started withthier mana issues.

I have no need to use CE...and don't even have it hot keyed.

Was thinking about using pride for waheed to further increase the damage of the group...and his as well. But don't know what other runeword to use for rustbucket though.

HoS

12. Mad Mantis

The gain in %Damage Returned between 1 and 20 skill points in 285%. So you need to decide if you want to see him do damage when he swings, or when he gets hit. Too bad he can't profit from an additional source of Thorns.

13. HarbingersOfSkulls

At the moment he's doing 315% damage returned..although he's level 12 from the 1 pt. I've put into him so far. I basically want to use him for whatever runeword I decide to make him out of...and not really going to worry about his damage alot because I'll be killing faster and better than he can.

So it would probably be better for rustbucket to get the most life he can have instead of damage...and whatever I do have a problem with waheed can take care of for me.

HoS

14. bohooho

bohooho IncGamers Member

harbinger, may I see your gear setup?

15. bohooho

bohooho IncGamers Member

How does your full gear setup look like? I mean if you don't use trang set and and used enigma instead. This is because I wanna have tele for my necro so i can do easy baal and other hell runs.

16. HarbingersOfSkulls

Gear setup:

Full trang's set with 5/5 poison facet in armor/helm/shield
    Soj/wedding band
    Death web with 5/5 poison facet
    Rare necro ammy +2 p/b with strength/resists
    waterwalk
    Necro torch

That's it for now.

The whole thing of doing this with my friends...is to use the sets. Which is why I chose the trangs set and the others took ik/aldurs/& desciples/bul kathos combo.

HoS

17. garion

garion IncGamers Member

thanks a sweet concept =)....i like it...no tals huh?....

18. HarbingersOfSkulls

Nope no one choose tal's set.

HoS

19. garion

garion IncGamers Member

lol..its still a fun way to play the game through =).....

aldurs
    ik
    trangs

a few glowing chars running around

i guess you could still recruit

mavs
    tals
    nats

to join the fun =)

20. HarbingersOfSkulls

Basically tried to get another 3-4 people to get into this as well...but they didn't want to because they was more concerned about getting their wolfs to level 80 at the time we started this.

At this moment we are still in NM with my necro at level 75...puma's frenzy barb at 66...clay bizzle at 53...and kiba's new wolf is at level 33 due to his work/trading addiction.

Seems I've spent more time in leveling in private games when no one else is on...or leveling them up when they are on in nm baalruns. Trying to get it where we can get all 4 of us in a baalrun together so kiba can caught up...and we all go in hell at the same time.

HoS