Making my first Ghost, help please

jjchow245

Diabloii.Net Member
Making my first Ghost, help please

Hello everyone, I just decided to make my first assassin (ghost) for pvp, and i had a few questions. My first question is what is the best claw type to make chaos in and where can i find the claw to make it in if i cant find a chaos ft? Also, for my other claw what should i use and where can i find it. O, and about the chaos claw, i was trying to trade for one and no one seems to have it, anyone know where i can get one and what they go for? I've been offering Lo and ist but i havent found anyone wanting to trade.

Scudstorm

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Making my first Ghost, help please

Go with Runic Talons or Feral Claws for fastest speed.

To find white or socketables, pop weapon racks (mf irrelevant here), there are some nice ones in act 3 Kurast. Pit run and cow run without mf is a good idea as well.

Most go with Fury as off-hand, check out the Ghost guides :p

Chaos' price depends almost entirely on the base item. As not a lot people make Chaos in claws without very nice staff mods, you probably will need patience to trade for one with only 2 hrs.

jjchow245

Diabloii.Net Member

Alright cool. Thanks a bunch for your response, i was worried no one would even respond lol.

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

Go with Runic Talons or Feral Claws for fastest speed.

To find white or socketables, pop weapon racks (mf irrelevant here), there are some nice ones in act 3 Kurast. Pit run and cow run without mf is a good idea as well.

Most go with Fury as off-hand, check out the Ghost guides :p

Chaos' price depends almost entirely on the base item. As not a lot people make Chaos in claws without very nice staff mods, you probably will need patience to trade for one with only 2 hrs.
Most have Fury in the primary to have the ar bonus.

Check the Ghost sticky at the top of the forum for a great guide for Ghosts. :)

mephiztophelez

Diabloii.Net Member

Most have Fury in the primary to have the ar bonus.
actually, no.

you go with fury (or fools) on-hand because of the way ww works. the FIRST hitcheck is ONLY for the primary (on-hand) weapon, each subsequent hitcheck in the ww-sequence is for BOTH claws.

hence, if you're only going to get one hitcheck in, you'd rather it be the claw with massive OW.

Xephyr

Diabloii.Net Member

Don't go runics, use a GT. The physical dmg added is neglible after pvp pentalty and dr while the stat requirement is high. Most of your dmg will come from OW and Venom anyways.

TienJe

Diabloii.Net Member

Don't go runics, use a GT. The physical dmg added is neglible after pvp pentalty and dr while the stat requirement is high. Most of your dmg will come from OW and Venom anyways.
a common misconception :lipsrsealed:

Scudstorm

Diabloii.Net Member

I sold to Charsi a 3o's GT with +1 Death Sentry, +1 Venom and +1 Mind blast :(

EDIT

For PvM, it would be better to make Fury in an elite claw right?

Last edited:

TienJe

Diabloii.Net Member

ghosts emphasizing physical damage are very effective. if you do the math and calculate the physical DPS, you'll find that it constitutes a fairly large portion of the damage being done, even on a normal venom build.