Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Making Last Wish

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by mrmainevent, Jun 19, 2005.

1. mrmainevent

mrmainevent IncGamers Member

Making Last Wish

Hi, I plan on making the Last Wish runeword for my Zealot Paladin. Which weapon would you recommend putting that in, a Bezerker Axe or a Phase Blade? How big of a difference in damage are we talking, and would the Phase Blade make up for this in attack speed. Thanks for your help.

2. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Well if you are a fanatic zealot and could attain ias from gear then i'd go for a Last Wish Berserker Axe. Damage difference is huge as base zerk dmg >> pb and speed could be adjusted with ias from gear (highlords, nosferatu's coil, jewels, etc) If you are that rich consider ethereal 'Death' Beserker Axe and 'Grief' runeword.

3. FathomFear

FathomFear IncGamers Member

This does bring up an interesting point--why do people make BOTD phase blades but not Last Wish phase blades?

4. batuchka

Aha dats is because BOTD pb has 60ias bonus and +stats and it has some uses. For example on a fanatic palabear (pally using beast to turn into a bear) a BOTD pb is godly as palabear hits 4fpa bear attack with that :p (growl) Lastwish PB has no ias bonus so fanatic zealots are the few classes i could think it would work :( A bash/stun/concentate barb needs 42 oias according to the german weapon speed calculator to hit 9fpa with last wish pb.

5. mrmainevent

Yeah good thoughts there. Would you recommend Grief or Death over Last Wish. The reason I wanted to make one is because of the crushing blow and the lvl 17 Might Aura, which would compliment the Fanatacism Aura of the Zealot. Not to mention the % chance to cast Fade and Life Tap which are both very helpful skills for a Zealot. The drawback is that Last Wish soooo expensive!

6. batuchka

For me it has to be Grief as with maxed Holyshield your zealot could have a potent smite attack with +dmg modifier from greif as well. It costs a fraction of the price of Last Wish too and crushing blow could be had from gloves, armor, boots and helm and that ought to give a decent %cb Lifetap could be had from dracs or exile shield.

7. hoh_majestic

hoh_majestic IncGamers Member

i recently made a Lw pb for my smiter for using pvm or fading before elemental duels. the crushing blow + smite vs baal is awsome i can kill him in about 30 seconds or less. though for zealing i found it to be quite weak.. my last wish zerker was much better for zeal but alas i made the mistake of using a superior zerk axe and it cost a fortune to repair on a constant basis.

8. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

IMO Last Wish is not so much a weapon as it is a flashy neon sign with which to advertise your ridiculous wealth. Kinda like running around with a personalised zodded phase blade. Make Oath, Grief or Death and save those runes for things like CoH, Enigma, Dream, Faith, Beast, Ice, Infinity etc

9. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

IMO Last Wish is a godly pvm weapon, note i said PVM. Its mods fit in perfectly with what u would expect to have to do well in pvm - life tap on striking makes u pretty much immortal and no need to use exile, crushing blow is the most important mod for bosskilling, fade gives u resists and DR, might aura and extra mf are just candy. Basically almost everything u need to survive in pvm is given to you by this weapon. (So u can get the ias elsewhere :) )

10. mrmainevent

Ahh, so many good reasons to use so many different weapons. Looks like I'm going to have to hash this over a little more.