Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Making best possible rogue merc...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by ipityfool, Mar 19, 2004.

1. ipityfool

ipityfool IncGamers Member

Making best possible rogue merc...

My ladder gameplay has reached the point where I must do something funny to keep interest up :lol: So I'm trying to make as good rogue merc for my trapsin as possible. And while I'm good at playing, I'm not so good when it comes to different kind of setup and maths relating to it...

So here is what I have in mind for her end game setup:

-Cold arrow rogue merc hired at normal
    -Windforce
    -Andy's visage
    -IAS armor (or ias + ed armor????) (I have ias/single res jewels now)

I can easily afford those items althought they are not the best available. I can't afford BotD or ed/ias joolz so forget them. Is that above setup viable and how much dmg does it do?

And this get's interesting: Should I swap some ias jewels for ed jewels instead after some ias breakpoints? I can afford something like 37-38 ed jewels (I have one 39 ed jewel now). And how much str does rogue merc have at about level 80 = can she wear wf without -15 req jewels?

And although I like seeing her peppering everything in her sight I'd like to see her staying alive also...

So suggestion please and hope this helps others in making rogue merc too :thumbsup:

2. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

I have this merc as a company for my bonemancer. I gave her ~perfect uppgraded Goldy/40ed ***, Nat´s helm(huge dex!) and armour (life bonus + 3 soc = 3 good jwels). She never dies and kills things slightly faster than necro himself :lol: but remember that she has to do only with immobilzed and cursed monsters.
    I would experiment with another gear (for instance Guillaume's Face for 35% CB) but this necro was so incredibly boring that I abandoned this build after Hell Hellforge quest. :lol:
    Andy´s helm has 20 IAS, poison nova, up to +30 str (you can need it), so it would be ok helm if you have 30% fr/++ jewel to compensate its inherent vulnerability to fire.
    I belive that Rogues gets 1 str/clvl but I don´t remember how much str they have being lvl 1. You need 134 str for WF and it´s exactly what I needed. Anyway you shouldn´t have any major problems using Andy. Othervise Lionheart is a perfect (and cheap) armour for your merc:
    -15% Requirements
    +20% Enhanced Damage
    +30% to All Resistances
    +50 Hit Points
    +10 Energy
    +20 Vitality
    +15 Dexterity
    +25 Strength

3. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

My bonecasters fire rogue is using WF, perfekt gaze and ias armor

nice dmg, knockback is cool and she never dies

perfect would be(if you ask me)

(lol :) )
    BotD crusader bow
    160/60 ed/ias armor
    120/45 ed/ias helm

with give her speeeeeeed (could switch to ed/max dmg)
    lots of LL
    high dmg
    etc etc etc

4. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

I find Faster Run to be an incredibly useful ability for rogues, but that is dependent on the build (i.e. how often does the rogue bump into monsters and does her run-fire-run-fire routine). Also, if you have a teleporting character, the value of Faster Run is devalued a lot.

IAS is great, as is Crushing Blow and (for some setups) Knockback and Monster Flee.

And I wouldn´t call 'Lionheat' cheap. Only one of all my characters have found all the three necessary runes and she used up her Lum before finding the Hel.

5. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

what level of IAS should you shoot for on a rogue merc?

6. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

I always added bows with "fires explosive arrows" mod so that the rogue uses either explosive arrows or frozen arrows.

7. Nobbler

Nobbler IncGamers Member

Witchwild bow is good for the rogue merc...magic arrows and good resists.

8. ipityfool

ipityfool IncGamers Member

Looks like you have tried what I'm looking for and seems to be nice build I suppose :) Could you still reveal ias for your merc, is it ias all the way on every items or should I socket ed jool somewhere also? This might be though question, maybe guys in statistics can help?

Thx for input :thumbsup: