Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Making an enchantress be useful

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by lufe, Jun 8, 2005.

1. lufe

lufe IncGamers Member

Making an enchantress be useful

Hi people, I'm really new here and this is my first post on the sorc forum...

I had a question: I made an enchantress (all skills to help enchant, fire mastery, enchant, etc, etc) to help me and other people when leveling, but I would really like her to be more useful, namely being able to teleport and not being too much hit, and at least kill something (no need to be uber killer but kill something at least).

Currently she's lvl 90. Max warmth, enchant, fire mastery.
    1 tele, 1 static, 1 light mastery. I use shiver armor and tried to go up with blizzard as an option but it didn't work well. Don't have yet energy shield (which proved to be an error, but well)

The question is: is there a way to make a good teleporter, enchanter and then still kill something with a spell? If yes, which one?

Thanks for any input.

2. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

To combine maxed out enchant with ability to kill, well... not really. You have already spent quite a lot of points in enchant/warmth/mastery. however, that is just 60 + prereqs/teleport/shiver armor, so at lvl90 you should have at least 20 left, right?

The probably most effective non-synergized skill should be either firewall or frozen orb. Of those, I'd pick frozen orb, but that is just because it has great crowd control.
    Firewall has no synergies, and the fire mastery is already maxed. Your gear is probably aimed towards +fireskills, so the damage will be great.
    Either of those should work fine, but Frozen Orb is easiest to handle imo.

To cope with teleport, well, investing more than one point in it is a waste imo. Better should be just equipping +skills gear, to lower the mana cost. Your mana regeneration should be extreme anyhow because of lvl90+warmth.

Summary: Use FrozenOrb or Firewall. I'd pick Orb because of crowd control, and also since its another element than fire. You can always try to hit cold immunes when enchanted :lol:
    Oh, and remember to always put a point in cold mastery if using orb...

3. Litpho

Litpho IncGamers Member

And of course, equip to reach the 63% Fast Cast breakpoint :).

4. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

true, dont get fooled by the fact that none of the other skills need any castrate, since they are all on a casting delay.
    You need that, else you will teleport as fast as amazons (=bad)

5. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

*Points to MongoJerry's enormous enchantress guide*

if you have an enchantress build question look there

it should be in a sticky at the top of this forum

6. JihadJesus

JihadJesus IncGamers Member

Seriousyl...."I have all these points in Enchant but I need a skill to kill things!"....how 'bout Enchant? Slap on a bow with explosive arrows and go to town, or just go melee. Read the guide.

7. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

I'd recommend a Demon Machine if you're going with a ranged weapon. Goes nicely with Razortail belt.

8. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

:drool: yep 99% pierce is really nice for crowds

But enchant is useless against FI's you need a back up if you plan to go solo.

Frozen orb, nova, and chain lightning are all good choices for a secondary skill.

9. Lucky_Seven

Lucky_Seven IncGamers Member

I supose you play with others...

Use a passion Phase Blade and zeal the monsters to dead :D
    Choose the monsters that aren't Fire Imune, Teleport near them and kill the bastards. Let the rest of the monsters for your mates.

Other option is Max Static Field, Use SF 2-3 times then Shoot some bolts with Demon Machine, everything that isn't FI should be dead and waiting for your mates.

It's easy to deal more then 7k Fire damage with a Zeal Enchantress and inexpensive items.

10. lufe

lufe IncGamers Member

Thanks a lot to all you guys. Hmm, I read that guide but my idea was not to make a enchantress that could really play for herself completely. That would be too much for my needs.

What I really needed was a sorceress that could teleport fast and safe, enchant to the max (and for this we can't use zeal phase blade), and still, when cornered, could deal some decent damage with a support skill. She'll never be a fast killer, the main purpose is - not to be killed.

Thanks a lot for the answers. I think that LorveN's answer is the one that fits better what I need. And I won't forget the fcr breakpoints too ;)

11. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

You could try finding a +enchant +FM 4 socket shillelagh and make a Passion out of it. Would make an excellent enchantress weapon.

12. Toadday

Toadday IncGamers Member

One last thing you could try if your AR isnt great. Widowmaker (Ladder) is nasty with ignore target defence, shoots magic arrows, +5 guided arrow! I have a Widowmaker Enchantress and she is awsome with dueling

13. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

the problem is that a melee sorc needs melee eq. simply by using a high blocking shield and fast wep, you can certainly kill stuff. surviving, however, will require better eq.

14. bobmarley

bobmarley IncGamers Member

Why not use a grief phase blade?