making all around kicker question about c/c w/s

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
making all around kicker question about c/c w/s

not just acster killer. should i go weap/shield claw/claw or both?

'22'Souljah

Diabloii.Net Member
have c/c and w/s for all around
i heard all around kikcers sukc more than the pure melee or antikaster ones though

phool

Diabloii.Net Member
claw/shield is better for mf. But I don't like using shields - it doesn't seem right for a sin to use one, I'd go for c/c anytime. Other weapon slot depends on where you are - a good 2 hander is nice for rushing normal + nightmare with BF and CoF

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
oh, this is strictly pvp. i thought that claw /shield might be good because i can hit around 3300+ish life with a shield and still have max block and w/b as backup against casters. my main point of a shield is so i ahve a "better" advantage against mele (pallies,druids etc)

MoreGameThanPS2

Diabloii.Net Member
dkay said:
oh, this is strictly pvp. i thought that claw /shield might be good because i can hit around 3300+ish life with a shield and still have max block and w/b as backup against casters. my main point of a shield is so i ahve a "better" advantage against mele (pallies,druids etc)
i'm makin a kicker right now, i'm using enigma so the not being able to block while moving thing won't hurt me, but i'm still going claw/shield so that i can use a lacerator and if i ever make any of the nifty new chance to cast runewords, i'm also going claw/shield sot hat i don't have to pump fade to get my dr, i wanta pump mindblast cuss i heard that the master will use that skill alot more if thats a high lvl, with 1 point in weopon block, +2 dancers and 10 shadow gc's, your gonna have a good weopon block anyways

LagunaCid

Diabloii.Net Member
[QUOTE='22'Souljah]i think doom zerk is better![/QUOTE]
Doom is shiat on kicksins. Holy Freeze is nothing.
+1000 damage, with 500 of them beign magical = G_G

MoreGameThanPS2

Diabloii.Net Member
LagunaCid said:
Doom is shiat on kicksins. Holy Freeze is nothing.
+1000 damage, with 500 of them beign magical = G_G
lacerator is a ton better than azure, u dont' realize how much damage amp adds, no damage reduction on that open wounds, i would use malice all day anyday over azurewraith, but lacerator imo is by far the best kicker weopon, lvl your kicker up to 89 the ow is pure craziness, if u go azurewraith u can't use enigma and get decent open wounds, so u'll hav ea ton less life, u'll do worse vs casters(malice/jade prob best vs this anyways), can't cblock while running, enigma solves that, i'd take shadow dancers over gores and trangs over dracs, but ofcourse if you disagree with me on your other gear slots, perhaps azurewraith is best for you build. . . but some duels your gonna have to rely on mindblast to win and thats another reason open wounds is better,
and if you got eth lacerators, could be lots of fun tossin them around :d

ilkori

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Death's Web, Wizardspike, or Beast. I have heard people claim each one of those was the best.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
ilkori said:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Death's Web, Wizardspike, or Beast. I have heard people claim each one of those was the best.

Beast... on a talon kicker... my god, what a great idea. o.o

Too bad I'm partial to my claw/claw... lol

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
heres waht i found out after playing with her for a bit:

hammerdins wearing death glove > kickers ; /

cant really trap lock em and the damage is untortunetely... minimal( of course this is coming from a kicker newb though)

with BoS i ahve very bad resist ~_~

overall fun but still had trouble with defensive necros and hammerdins.

'22'Souljah

Diabloii.Net Member
dkay said:
heres waht i found out after playing with her for a bit:

hammerdins wearing death glove > kickers ; /

cant really trap lock em and the damage is untortunetely... minimal( of course this is coming from a kicker newb though)

with BoS i ahve very bad resist ~_~

overall fun but still had trouble with defensive necros and hammerdins.
don't worry your opinion on hammerdins > kickers isn't that off even one of the best kickers considers hammerdins as the hardest class for a kicker to go up against

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
Good hammer pallys with high defense that know when to tele and when to charge and that have a nice set of equipment are the hardest possible "caster" duel you will ever fight (not including auto-aimed bone necros). Personally, I'd rather fight the auto-aiming necro. I'm not including ww-barbs obviously because no half-way decent ww-barb will ever lose to a kicker except through bad luck. Hammer pallys though always leave a bad taste, since they SHOULD be beatable, and their class is...well...so cheap. :rolleyes:

In any event, all kicker experimentation on my part usually involves better ways to deal with high defense caster pallys.

In the end it usually comes down to getting as much AR as you possibly can, packing OW, and playing hit and run, hoping for some luck. Claw block is obviously a must, as is screaming high life. Take 'em down with mindblast some if you have it punched up. I used to pack on the 10 frame break and just spam 'em. But if they have a clue they'll desync charge you and have hammers flying before you knew what hit you. MB tends to be good for when they are running away and to get tele at greater than a screen via name-lock.