Making aldurs druid

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
Making aldurs druid

Hey all. After recieving an unwanted full aldurs set from my m8 (along with other items thank you tom) i decided i would make something out of it.

I will either be making a fury druid or a werebear druid.

I dont wanna make a windy with this set, it has no fcr, and a glowing wolf or bear is way cooler :)

and fire druids.... meh... ill leave them to pvp

Actually a werebear would stink with this set. Unless it was a fireclaws WB but i find that there are more elemental immunes in hell than there are physical immunes. Also i prefer fury.

Anway, his gear will be as follows

full aldurs set
ravenfrost ring
other ring is undecided, probably another ravenfrost
highlords
verdungos
Loh for damage to demons i suppose////draculs///bloodfist for fhr
SS shield

My goals are 50% pdr, max resistances in hell, a decent fhr bp and either no block or all out block, i dont like block lock though :(

What should i socket in the weapon?

2 shaels reaches 70 OWIAS for a 5fpa fury, the other socket will be a ed% jewel or + max i guess. It would be LO if i could get it though. Mabye an UM for open wounds. Hmm i odnt have any CB in my setup though. dont have a ber, even if i did i dont think it'd go into aldurs wep ~~

In the armour and helm 15 res all jewels//// shael runs will go in if i need them. If not ill just pull off the plain ed///max jewel.

As for my charms ill try and get +max charms, possibly ar charms, life, resists, fhr etc.

I am very interested about incorporating armageddon into the build somehow.
Mabye i will max rabies and use a carrion wind ring for a decent rabies, athough i dont really like it in pvm, and i would be urged to use SS gcs :(

feedback is appreciated, although not negative b/c i am gonna make this build and pat it wether you like it or not :)

Fred

Summoned

Diabloii.Net Member
The belt... I'd switch it for SoE because iirc, the +vitality on Verdungo's goes into effect after your lycanthropy bonus, which means you'll get something like +80 life from it, not as useful as magic damage reduction of 15, especially against frame-based spells like fire wall, inferno, arctic blast, etc. Plus, an extra 8% life leech won't hurt if you decide to not go with dracul's.

In 1.10, there's the fury bug, which means that if you go into block or hit recovery before making a fury attack, all your fury swipes will miss. This sucks, especially when you're playing a werewolf and your defense is low. So I suggest no block at all.

ED/Max jewels are also bugged when put into anything except weapons. The ED will only apply to your minimum damage (and not your maximum), so plain ED is usually more efficient than a rare ED/Max.

I wouldn't socket a Lo rune in anything as common as Aldur's mace, no matter how many Lo's I have (which, atm, is zero). :p

You can try for Armageddon, but I think you'll be spreading your points a bit thin (unless you go with only 1 in wolf and lycanthropy).

omgwtfbbqpwned

Diabloii.Net Member
I personally made Flaming Rabies. =P

It works okay, has a bit of trouble killing Fire Immunes + Poison Immunes + Stone Skin (by trouble I mean trouble running away), but it can own all monsters in most cases.

My build uses Armagedon, but only because it's convenient (since I maxed out the Fire Tree to help Fire Claw). I don't really think you should... unless you really want to.

Also, quests makes your Rez -70 in Hell. You get +50 from Aldur's, make it -20. You get +40 to +50 Fire/Light/Cold (and I assume you can get at least +45 and higher Fire/Cold, Light is excusable though). Highlord's and SS gives you +60 Cold and Light. So you get:

Fire: 25 to 30
Cold: Maxed
Light: Maxed
Poision: -20

I think it would be a waste to plug in a +Rez All Jewel... just load up on +Poison and +Fire. Also, if you do decide to use Rabies, you get +55 Poison Rez, and that helps remove some burden.

Anyway, good luck. :)

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
omgwtfbbqpwned said:
I personally made Flaming Rabies. =P

It works okay, has a bit of trouble killing Fire Immunes + Poison Immunes + Stone Skin (by trouble I mean trouble running away), but it can own all monsters in most cases.

My build uses Armagedon, but only because it's convenient (since I maxed out the Fire Tree to help Fire Claw). I don't really think you should... unless you really want to.

Also, quests makes your Rez -70 in Hell. You get +50 from Aldur's, make it -20. You get +40 to +50 Fire/Light/Cold (and I assume you can get at least +45 and higher Fire/Cold, Light is excusable though). Highlord's and SS gives you +60 Cold and Light. So you get:

Fire: 25 to 30
Cold: Maxed
Light: Maxed
Poision: -20

I think it would be a waste to plug in a +Rez All Jewel... just load up on +Poison and +Fire. Also, if you do decide to use Rabies, you get +55 Poison Rez, and that helps remove some burden.

Anyway, good luck. :)
so i guess ill shoot for no block. What fhr should i aim for while in WW?
and yeah the glow from the set makes it desirable. Class specific sets are just so pimp tho. (except for BK set)

Fred

Thirty-Thirty

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd really disadvise a Fury wolf. The physical damage will be pathetic, and you don't have the slots for good Crushing Blow available (helm, boots, weapon).

You're right about the pure Fireclaws having trouble with immunes, again because of the low damage on the weapon. My pure FC Aldur's werebear can't get to Diablo because of the Hell Knights. Annoying...

The best bet is, as omgwtfbbqpwned says, a rabid firewolf (or whatever you call it). If you're cheesy enough, use Carrion Wind to get a wicked synergy on Rabies for nothing, and you should be fine.

Pity about that darn weapon. It truly ruins the set.

omgwtfbbqpwned

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, I made Aldur's simply for the Aura. The aura is kickass enough to make up for the horrible mace. =D

As for FHR, I think 42% and 86% are the target BP for Werewolves (Aldur's hits beyond 20%, and 280% is just crazy), not too sure though. Aldur's gives you 25%, and Verdungo gives you 10%. If you decide to go with SoE, then it's just 25%. Anyway, you can hit 42% with a couple of SCs of Balance, and if you're rich enough, a couple of Skillers of Balance will let you hit 86%.

In case you want to switch to Flaming Rabies and need a place to start, here is my personal planned set-up (just need 2 more Fire Facets and some Rez/IAS jewels, and about ~10 more levels to use my crafted Ammy, and it's done =D):

Shape-Shifting Tree:
+ 4 Werewolf
+ 1 Lycanthropy
+ 1 Werebear
+ 1 Feral Rage
+ 1 Maul
+ 20 Fire Claws
+ 20 Rabies
Elemental Tree:
+ 1 Firestorm
+ 1 Molten Boulder
+ 20 Fissure
+ 20 Volcano
+ 1 Armageddon
+ 1 Arctic Blast
+ 1 Cyclone Amour
+ 1 Twister
+ 1 Tornado
+ 1 Hurricane
Summoning Tree:
+ 1 Raven
+ 1 Spirit Wolves
+ 1 Dire Wolves
+ 1 Grizzly
+ 10 Oak Sage

Note - this accounts for all 110 skill points. At the moment, my Oak Sage, Werewolf are at level 1, and my Volcano is around ~10 or so, plan to max them out last. You need WW at level 10 (according to Tor) with 2 Shaels to hit 8 FPA with FC and 6 FPA with Rabies.

Gear:
Head – Aldur’s Stony Gaze *(2x Fire Facet)*
Amulet – +2 Druid Skills w/ Rez and Life
Armor – Aldur’s Deception *(Fire Facet)*
Main Weapon – Aldur’s Rhythm *(2x Shael, Rez/IAS Jewel)*
Main Shield – Stormshield *(Eld)*
Gloves – Trang-Oul’s Claws
Boots – Aldur’s Advance
Belt – Verdungo’s Hearty Cord
Ring#1 – Raven Frost
Ring#2 – Carrion Wind

Anyway, good luck again. =D