Making a twapper advice needed

Onefuryz

Diabloii.Net Member
Making a twapper advice needed

Hey all

Going to make a trapper and need some pointers. I list my gear and stats/skills and see what u think.

Gear

Shako (um or 5/5 lit facet)
CoH
maras 26%
Soj or buls
Raven
frosties
Waterwalks
3/3 trap/lit sentry claw (15res/6dex jewel or lit facet)
arachnid

and this is something im not sure on

either
Storm (-15% reqs/12 res all) or another 3 trap +2 fade + wof claw with two lit facets

10 trap charms
then life/res charms as needed

Skills

20 lit sentry/death/charged/shock

1 fireblast/bos
2 weapon block (+skills will give 50% block if i go with 2 claws)

i plan to take to lvl 90 so will have 18 odd skills spare.

was thinking about putting them in fade to help against conviction pallies or cloak or defence against melee.

Stats

Str enough for gear
dex - now this will be for max block if shield/claw, 79 if claw/claw
vita the rest

so i should have maxed out res and pretty good dr and for casters i can use dual claw for added damage.

what do u think?

cheers

onefuryz

Chidori

Diabloii.Net Member
First off, what will your resis be to begin with? It doesn't appear they will be even close as high to other trappers, thus I am guessing you will get smoked by their Fire Blast.

Second off, if you do choose to go with fade, your IAS is going to be so low it isn't going to be funny, which will greatly affect your trap laying speed.

Third, I'd wear an Enigma, because if s*** hits the fan, you won't be able to get out of there, especially if you aren't even using BoS.

Fourth, have a wizspike/ss on switch with the trap claw/trap claw and at least put 1 pt into MB.

Onefuryz

Diabloii.Net Member
Coh 65%
anya 30%
shako 15%
maras 26%
claw 1 15%
storm 12%
+4 5% res all

= 183% res all

If thats not good enough then blimmey :xmad:

Also if the messy stuff does hit the fan then ill just die i dont mind getting beaten.

Thx for the mind blast i forgot about that :)

edit btw claw 2 also has 40% ias

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
Onefuryz said:
Coh 65%
anya 30%
shako 15%
maras 26%
claw 1 15%
storm 12%
+4 5% res all

= 183% res all

If thats not good enough then blimmey :xmad:

Also if the messy stuff does hit the fan then ill just die i dont mind getting beaten.

Thx for the mind blast i forgot about that :)

edit btw claw 2 also has 40% ias
Only the IAS on the first equiped claw will help your trap casting speed. So unless you use that claw with 40% IAS as main claw , the IAS won't do anything for you.

Onefuryz

Diabloii.Net Member
Lunatic said:
Only the IAS on the first equiped claw will help your trap casting speed. So unless you use that claw with 40% IAS as main claw , the IAS won't do anything for you.
oki

So ill use

claw2/claw1 with bos for casters
claw2/claw1 with fade for conviction palas
claw1/storm for melee situations with bos

does that sound ok?

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm no fan of using 2 claws for a pvp trapper. I still think wiz + storm is superior. Why? lots of all resist (over 100% with resist jewel in wiz and Um in storm). 35% DR. 50% FCR (You do need FCR for MB) , lots of mana. Good block on storm.

2 claws with +3 traps / +3 LS will give you more dmg at the expense of all above here. Which isn't really worth it.

Onefuryz said:
If i go with trangs gloves and use soj, do u think i will have enough mana still?
not for a pure trapper. you will be able to own in pubbys though. and vs absorbers you will run out of mana.
for a pure trapper, wiz or hoto is always best. the extra dmg from the claws (its a LOT of extra dmg) is nothing if you have no cast rate and not enough mana. wiz also works wonders vs foh palas/bliz sorcs.

also, facets dont work with traps.

Onefuryz

Diabloii.Net Member
Crazy Person said:
also, facets dont work with traps.
Oki thx thats very helpfull, thank god i hanent traded for em yet :)

almost maxed out lit sentry synergies now and with 2 trap charms she is doing 1-7.5 damage and im still not using soj coh arachnid yet :)

she is gona dirty dirty damage when complete.