Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Making a Singer

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by CombatEvil, Aug 29, 2006.

1. CombatEvil

CombatEvil IncGamers Member

Making a Singer

Well iv decided to make a singer and didn't really find alot of help from the guides it seems to me they are a little out of date and are not really what i am looking for, so now i turn to the barb xperts and am looking to you all for ur advice in:

Base Stats:
    Gear:
    Skills:

I have a Basic Idea of gear, and im not poor nor an extreme rich man (i have 4 four completly outfitted chars, 94Trapper, 95Hammer, 86Zealot, 88Wind Druid, all of witch i consider to be decent). I am not looking to fcr XTREME fcr but am looking for more overall skills, From What i Have gathered i need:

Weps: 2xHoto's
    Belt: Arach
    Helm: Deli? Rare Helm?
    Rings: Soj//Bk combo?
    Amy: Mara?
    Armor: Nigma
    Boots:???
    Gloves: Mages? Trangs?
    Wep Toggle: 2x3bo cta's(from what i have gathered this is best way to get a higher bo than 2xhoto's. a Barb has a max of +3bo on cta but a cta gives +1 all skills neways so this would make it a +8Bo total right? correct me if i am wrong)
    Torch
    Anni
    Gc's

All advice from you all is apricated, if you would like plz leave your comments and list of recomended///personal gear. This would be appricated

2. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

firstly are u pvm or pvp?

Secondly wot fcr bp u plan to hit, cuz they are 2 main bps, 105% fcr bp and the 200 fcr bp the difference between these is like 1 frame but also the higher fcr bp is very gear limited where as the lower bp offer more gear flexibility and switch.

2x cta is a waste for all its worth u might as well get 2x 3 warcry bo sticks which gives a total of 6+ to bo and shout.

And if ur so desperate for the higher bo cta + hoto or cta + wc stick is a better idea as the max bo u can get is 7.

2x soj will be better for mana;

other weaps to consider;

2x wizzys, nice if well socketed, giving high mana, fcr and increadible res stack.

2x sprit sword assumming 35% fcr ones giving skill + fhr, mana and hp.

boots, sands or water walks but people preffer the sands, for fhr, however if it is pvp u could be switching out boots which mean rely on the boots for fhr u will have to get from other places.

The main goals with ur setup is to reach 48% fhr bp so gear wise depending on ur weap selection. U should be using 4x 5% fhr scs in stash and pick up the rest from gear.

3. CombatEvil

CombatEvil IncGamers Member

Well honstly iv never really heard of a Singer that was stricktly Pvm(other than baal games) so this is for a PvP

well i see the 1st fcr bp will be no problem 4 me 80(2xhotos)+20(mages//Trang)+10?(Arach 10fcr or 20? never payed much attention)

the hoto's give +3 anyways so if the cta's are a waste(are u sure the max is +7?) ill stick with the Hoto's rather than 2xwc stix or w/

the 2x Soj's sound right since i was kinda planing on being sparce on energy points

As for boots Sandstorms Sound like a winner

Thanx 4 the advice, still would like more imput b4 i go and start trading for gear for this build

4. emar

emar IncGamers Member

I would take a peak at Opposable Thumbs PvP singer guide

It offers a solid setup and good advice. The way it would be outdated is because it was written before our Ladder-only RWs it appears.

Sic already mentionned Spirit for you.

I have a lvl 96 singer that I use for PvP periodically, it is not the strongest PvP build by any means, but it can be a load of fun.

I use 2xHoTo with 2xWizzies on switch socketed with res j00ls... :rolleyes: I hit the 105 BP. I do have a switch weapon for stacking, but that is a little BM. :shocked:

Boots you can switch out, but normally I use walks. He is a pure vit barb, so he pulls some decent HP.

Otherwise take a look at the guide, I use a similar setup and it has dueling tactics that may be of interest.

5. Uvatha

Uvatha IncGamers Member

The main problem for a pvp singer is mana for sure, as you cant rely on mercs insight. The best damage/mana.level output is level 33 War Cry with all sinergys maxed, so I would aim for that. The last fcr bp (200% FCR) is bugged; 105% is more than enought and as said above. With all this in mind, my gear set up would be:

Weaps: 2xWizzy (-15req jewels/mana)
    Belt: Glooms
    Helm: 2 Os magic/rare w/ 2~3 Warcrys +3BO (sock blue gems for mana or skulls for recovery)
    Rings: 2xSoj
    Amy: 5%+ FCR rare/crafted +2barb skills, mana (res/stat are also welcome)
    Armor: Nigma
    Boots: Caster crafted look for FHR/FRW/LRes/FRes
    Gloves: Frostburns
    Weap Shift: 2x3 Warcry sticks (prebuff)
    Torch
    Anni
    Gc's (to reach level 33 War Cry)
    Life/mana charms

Your aim is to reach 5,5k+ life and 2,7k+ mana. Again, your hard stats will do better for you if you place them at Vitality.
    For skills I would max bo and sinergys. 1 point in BCommand, Shout, ISkin and NRes. Add points in War cry to make you reach level 33 along with +skills from gear (make this before maxing sinergys if you are gonna actualy play the barb all the way).

Ive been playing a singer barb for the last month, mainly doing baal runs as I want to reach 93 (1/3 of the damn barr of level 92 to 93 is already white), its a fun built for sure. Good luck w/ yours.

6. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

2x hotos or wizzys are some of the best setups as they give u skill mana fcr and wizzys for stack res situations, i.e vs blizz fohers etc, nice socketed with res jewels.

And no stack is not BM if ppl cry they cry only too much abs is bm.

And the dmg difference between the hotos and Wizzys is not that huge.

Also u may want to carry DR items as well for when it is needed, i.e vs mele shield or max dr will be needed, so something like a CoA BerBer in stash and Verdungos or strings of ears or if u go the shield route storm for blockable mele (excluding smite) or Bow amas etc.

Also good gloves to use are bloodfist on the 105% fcr setup as u can use them for the fhr and life and then use the arch with say 2x hotos + a 5% fcr barb amu 2 skills or switch in a fcr ring with stats mana etc.

Also it would be nice if u can get hold of some nice crafted mana boots or something, with frw/mana/max mana/res or usefull other mod.

Don't use points in mana i think that is the biggest waste, cuz in order to get like 50 mana back u have to put like 50 stat point straight to mana, as the ration is 1:1, which is the worst point investment imo if u go pure vita pump all in the vita or enought for blocking dex and rest vita.

And yes bo is capped on barb, hence why u don't see barbs using 2x ctas and why they only go as high as 3 bo for the barb.

as cta has 1 skill + 3bo(capped for barb)= 4 bo + the 3 warcries or 3 skills from hoto = 7 bo gained.

7. anotherlaughingman

anotherlaughingman IncGamers Member

@CombatEvil: your setup looks fine, boots i would suggest waterwalks for the 15dex and life bonus if you are using wizardspikes, if not then treks will be good too. As mention already all vit is the way to go on a singer.

@emar: what realm you play on? I would like to duel you if you are on East NL, I also have a lv 96 singer.

8. emar

emar IncGamers Member

I meant minion stack (which I forgot to type), which many consider BM :)

USEast L