Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

making a rares only bowa

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by prion, May 12, 2008.

1. prion

prion IncGamers Member

making a rares only bowa

only cheat is i can use cheap runewords but i'd like to find good rares to make up for them. Also i'm counting crafteds as rares :jig: So this'll almost be untwinked style but the items can come from anywhere.

i'm thinking i need a frostmaiden but i want to also squeeze as much physical damage as is reasonable. Also I'm putting 12 or more points in magic arrow because its handy.

so build might look like this:
    12 MA
    20 CA
    20 FA
    10? strafe
    and passives..

str for gear
    dex ~200
    vit the rest
    nrg none....hopfully mana charms and rings and leech will take care of it.

The quesion i guess is, how does one decide where to assign the points in the passive tree? Do i ty to figure out an end goal and work towards that or do I look at each point as i get it and see where it seems to be most useful?

I'll keep you all posted on my progress.

2. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

Re: making a rares only bowa

post screenshots of the rares you are using too. GL :thumbsup:

3. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

Hey prion, I'm one of the few players that invest more than one point into MA, 5-8 points is all I ever put in it though. At level 6, MA's mana cost drops under one and that is low enough to call it a free skill for me. Put points into it early, but later you might not use it very much.

As far as the dodges go, I only put 2-3 points in them anymore, even in HC. I do recomend 5+points into decoy. Why? a low duration/life deek doesn't really help you for scouting or as meat shield. Hit the sweet spot (17) on the valk. Since you going for vit build, MAX penetrate, you will need the AR. You also will need 9 or more points into pierce since you will be using a crafted belt (I bet).:wink3:

Max (or maybe don't max at all) FA last, it is such a mana hog. Rely on outside items (charms) to boost your freeze duration. Get into the fine art of rerolling small charms. Because the frost suffix is so low, it tends to show up on charms a lot. Think shimmering or sharp or XX/ of frost here. Later in the game you can roll cold prefix/ of vitas etc. I like have at least 2.5-3sec freeze/chill duration in hell and this can be accomplished by using scs.

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  4. Virility

Virility IncGamers Member

I agree with Yogi. Save freezing arrow for last. Find your preference for you Valk, middle teens at least. Don't discount add points to decoy after you have penetrate at 20 and pierce to 60 something percent.

Comment on Valk, 17 is the point she upgrades the weapon to a ?war pike or something like that. This has been carried around forums as a satisfactory level for point investment. I think many whom buy into that don't play untwinked. 17 is a minimum as you are gathering gear, imbuing weapons and crafting and re rolling charms.

5. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

In general freezing arrow works great for leveling past 30... Especially if your bow is weak. Problem is you'll lack pierce without razortail/kuko/buriza which can hurt it.

Anyway there's not much special except for not using duped overpowered runewords (almost like playing legit!), which doesn't affect your neck/circlet/rings/gloves which are the most important parts after your weapon - and your weapon will most likely be your biggest issue with this build unless you just use freezing arrow + mana potions and max pierce (due to no gear pierce).

6. prion

prion IncGamers Member

thanks for input y'all.

anyone got suggestions on how much in critical strike?

I've started a blog i'm going to post updates there as I level:
    http://forums.diabloii.net/blogs/viewblog.php?userid=924

I'll put major updates in this thread like when i get guardian or deeds