Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Making a Pois Mancer Fellas

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by yangsta, Feb 4, 2004.

1. yangsta

yangsta IncGamers Member

Making a Pois Mancer Fellas

I decided to use the ver underused Pois Mancer.

I decided that maxing pois nova/synergies and lower resist was a good start.
    Then the 1 point wonder clay golem.

Maybe 1 point into the bone wall/prison spells to help control crowds.

What do you guys think??

I also figured getting Death Web/trang shield/belt/glove was another good item choice. Then shako, some skill armor and maybe silkweave if not somethingelse with lots of resists.

I'll eventually get pois facets in most my items except maybe the trang shield cuz i might end up puting a P Diamond in that for resists.

The only problem that I see is getting max resists or close to it. I'm not sure what I can do to get a decently high resist and also.. I hear that Death Web is 1-2 sojs!?!? I never thought getting it would be that hard considering pois
    mancers are barely used. I thought an item's value is based on how much people wanted it. Pois mancers are barely used... Death Web shouldn't be 1-2 sojs!!! It has godly pois stats but still! Come on!
    Take HellSlayer for example.. Hella high dmg.. hella nice stats.. but its just barely even used so it has almost no value.

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Maxing lower resist was not such a good idea. Deminishing returns kick in hard and fast.

Bone Wall/Prison and Bone Armor are needed for protection. Put points in here.

Don't forget the other curses.

3. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Death Web shouldn't be 1-2 sojs!!! It has godly pois stats but still! Come on!

LOL...I've seen people want enigma for it, and alot want 3-4 soj's (West ladder)

I have a friend stupid enough to find one, swear it's "godly" and is try to sell it on ebay for $60.00...though it's far from being godly. It has 7 to life and 8 to mana per kill. I would get J-Ho for $60.00 instead.

Have seen lots trying to get soj for poison facets ( 3/3).

Anyway, I have Skeletons with my Poison necro, and they have done the job for me.

HoS

4. Mr Evil

Mr Evil IncGamers Member

Death's Web is insanely expensive because it is so very rare and the best poison wand by a long way. And poisonmancers aren't that underused; I've seen plenty of them around and I have one myself (he uses a rare +2 necro/+1PN wand which is the best I've been able to find, but more than enough to trounce everything with ease).

I would recomend putting a few more points into clay golem/mastery because unlike with a skelemancer, all the monsters will be beating on your golem and so it will die more often.

5. somewhatdamaged99

somewhatdamaged99 IncGamers Member

Hi,

Not sure if you are ladder or non, but some people even ask 4 -5 Vex runes for a perfect 50% +2 deaths web. It is definitely one of the rarest items in the game - also 5/5 poison facets can also go for a vex rune as well... I would say a good % deaths web is worth more than an enigma easily.

its a shame that people now seem so obsessed with wanting to get as much as possible out of people for items they would never ever use. I give away things all the time, shakos, storms etc, cause i would never use them and there is nothing i really want :)

Good luck with the poisonmancer, and if i was you i would not put any more than 1 pt in lower res, totally not worth it. Oh and try and get a bramble... :)

somewhatdamaged (Poisonmancer)

6. yangsta

yangsta IncGamers Member

This is very bad news..

And I thought getting a Tal Armor was hard..

Well.. I'm sticking my nose into the "big boys" area and I don't belong there.. yet.

Well that means a lot more mfing with my tal set sorcy.

Hey I hear that you give out shakos/skullds for free? Jesus, be my friend please?
    (ladder)

Oh ya... so do I max clay golem or something? Cuz I'd have around 20-30 skills points left after maxing poison skills.

P.S. Ya.. I'm a newb to necros sorta.. sorry to bust your bubble.. if i did..

7. Mr Evil

Mr Evil IncGamers Member

No need to max it. I have both clay golem and mastery at about 14 each including +skills (7 real points each), and that is enough for him to stay alive long enough that recasting is not a problem.

There are lots of different things you could do with the left over skill points. Personally I put most of them in bone wall (for the bone armour synergy) and corpse explosion (the most powerful skill in the game - no necro should be without at least one point here!). Some choose to put points into skeletons instead, or bone spear/spirit. The choice is yours.

One more thing: Although you can get away with a single point in lower resist, I found it worthwhile putting wnough points in so that it covers the whole screen. This means you recast it less often, saving mana which is better spent spamming nova.

8. yangsta

yangsta IncGamers Member

Interesting..

Hmm.. Which is better? Bone prison or bone wall? How many points into them?

i'll probly manage to get +9-10 skills bonuses and maybe more later on (mostly into poison/bone).

Damn.. Death Web is soo tasty but so hard to get. Whats the next best poison/bone wand I should aim for? I do have that unique lich wand that every bone nec wants.. too bad its for boners only, hehe. I think it is a high moded 1. I just hope I can run into a desperate bone nec that wants it and will trade death web for it, hehe.

9. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Personally I think Bone Prison is better than Bone Wall. It offers me more control and it is a synergy for Bone Wall. But if you want to exploit the Marrowwalk bug put points in Wall.

10. Scrub0

Scrub0 Banned

Do the Marrowwalk thing and max spear/spirit. You'll wind up with about 3k dmg for whichever you max if you use nice stuff. It makes finishing off ppl at one life easy (once you get them with nova once), if you keep a few spirits on their *** and spam teeth here and there.