Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

making a mf sorc for the pit

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by cowtestickles, Mar 16, 2004.

1. cowtestickles

cowtestickles IncGamers Member

making a mf sorc for the pit

witch is the best way to go metorb sorc or a cl/orb sorc to do mf runs probly in the pit the most and meph??????? and wut shield ss or whistams?

2. heilskov

heilskov IncGamers Member

well If I where you, I´d make a necro, not a sorc.

the point of the pit is you dont really need teleport here, you might as well kill stuff on your way there. So making a sorc, and or using an engima isnt nessery nor the insane magic dmg of a hammerdin.

so for speed and relaxable playing stile my vote would go to makeing a necro thats like this:

20 skele warriors
    20 skele mastery

20 psn dagger
    20 psn explosion
    20 psn nova

do skele´s first so you dont forget them in ur excitment for psn nova, max psn dagger last.

this build kicks arse! get a pair of TO gloves (very cheap) and ur set to go.
    have fun down there at the pits.

3. MithrandirX

MithrandirX IncGamers Member

I second the previous poster's opinion on sorcs not being best suited for the pit. Too many immunes = annoying skill switches. I've never done a pit necro, but I have had success with hammerdins and strafeazons. My current main pitrunner is a lvl 90 strafeazon with 600ish mf. She runs the pit faster than s*** through a goose.

Mith

4. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

Sorcs are well-suited for Mephisto runs, due to Teleport, which gets you to him very quickly, and lets you attack him with the famed 'moat trick.' All of this saves time, meaning more drops and less time wasted killing useless critters. Stormshield is, of course, pretty bad***, if you can spare the 158? strength. Not totally necessary, but it all depends how you play your sorc.

5. the_leaf

the_leaf IncGamers Member

in the way of sorc i would say the cl/orb b/c of the cl ability to attack many guys at the same time. be sure to read the guid though :)

6. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

:sarcasm: Excuse me Necroposters, but this is not your recruitment center :sarcasm: :lol:

A Meteorb Sorc does perfectly well in HELL/Pit. I can run teh pits without anyproblem.
    Cold Immunes: Spam Fireball/Meteor, let your Merc tank. BAMM all dead.
    Fire Immunes: Spam Frozen Orb, let your Merc tank. BAMM all dead.
    FI/CI: This will only spawn on bosses. Kill the crowd, let your Merc take on the Boss and hel him with the stunning/knockback effect of Telekinesis.

For the Pit you just use your regular Meteorb Sorc which you find when viewing sasjas guide on the Meteorb Sorc.

For those Necros: have you played a Meteorb Sorc? About Teleport. Sorcs are all about Teleport and its extremely useful there, since you can position your Merc. So please dont say Teleport is not useful...

Pitruns where you just pick out the mobs with bosses are great with Teleport and done fast. Running the whole 2 lvls is no problem either.

Sure a Necro can do this very nice and fast too, but dont dismiss the Meteorb or any other viable build for the Sorc that can do Pits.

7. MithrandirX

The beauty of the pits is that the monsters are so easy that there are many, many options for viable pitrunners. Still, I think the sorc is not the best option because of all the immunes. If you are the kind of player that likes to switch skills aggressively, then meteorb works well. I have a CLFO sorc I'm working on now that might turn out ok too. For full clearances of the pits, I think there are much better options, though.

Mith

8. melianor

Maybe i am just blind then. Dont know.
    To me it seems that i clear the pits very fast. Unless i encounter a Cold immune boss all i need to do is switch from FO to Meteor.
    There is NO aggressive skillswitching needed!

Usual selected skills:
    Left Mousebutton: Fireball (always anayway)
    Right Mousebutton: Meteor/FO

Usually me or any Meteorb sorc will not switch since Fireball is powerful on its own. Besides that the switching between 2(!) skills is not something that is bothersome?!.
    is everybody forgetting about the powerful Fireball on the Meteorb build?! That spell simply rocks as as spammer added to the 2 timered spells.

All i wanted to say though was, that one should not downgrade the Meteorb Sorc for the Pits. There are many out there runnign the Pits with a meteorb including me and i dont think its slow at all.

Concerning CL/Orb. That will do fine aswell. Their killing speed is much equal to Meteorb, maybe a bit faster.
    A real pain though with Lightning and Cold Build are those LI Archers in the pits. even with max-block you can fall prey to their curses, if accompanied by a boss. With Cold/Fire i could at least bombard them with Fireball/Orb stunning them on the way.

Maybe she is not as fast as a Necro or maybe Pala, but nonetheless she does very fine and fast too. i can do some runs and post some times so we can maybe compare with other builds. Then there's at least some facts added to our discussion :)

9. melianor

To the original poster:
    If you can afford SS with the higher str req you can head for that.
    With Whistans you can invest more into Vitality since you wont need that high DEX and STR and can so make a very durable Sorceress that has highe Life and Max-Block!

Other choices: Upg. Visceratuant+PDiamond, Mosers blessed Circle+2x+PDiamond

10. MithrandirX

It's not just the switching that makes meteorb tedious to me, but the fact that you have to read the monsters' immunitites constantly. I guess you could memorize the normal monster's immunities after a while, but the bosses will always require investigation. Take, for instance, a strafeazon. There is NO skill switching at all required, since physical immunes never spawn in the pit. Same with bone necros and hammerdins (although I think most hammerdins are slow pitrunners.)

With a strafeazon there is no delay while you read the monster immunities and possibly switch skills (not to mention the possibility of dual immunity monsters). You just strafe strafe and move on. Every enemy, including the bosses, explodes in under two seconds, it hits everything on the screen, it auto aims, and there are no immunity issues. Ditto the latter for bone necros, poison necros and hammerdins. Heck, even a frenzier would make a decent pit runner IMO (never tried it though!). Meteorb is a great build and can do HUGE damage, no doubt, but the fact is that huge damage is not really needed in the pit.

IMO Meteorb is more suited to general MF, including bosses, ancient tunnels (no cold immunes), pindle, eldritch, shenk etc etc. It's a very versatile build that works reasonably well in many areas, including the pit. If, however, you are making a dedicated pit runner, you can do better.

Mith

11. Harby

Harby IncGamers Member

After 3 pit runs you know that devilkins are the only FI in the pits and everything else dies with a single fireball...not that hard eh ? And a good meteorb can easily do pits even in even 8-ppl games. The only thing that once scared me in pits was a conv mob.. really scary, getting from 1500 (cta) to 300 in 2 seconds :(

12. m0nk

m0nk IncGamers Member

OMG this is exactly what I HATE in a character. One skill...1 button attack over and over and over and over and over till you puke. Bleh blah blih...

CL/FO is well suited for The Pit. But be warned, you will use 3 skills to your tactical advantage.

13. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

Everyone is always obsessed with the Pit. Make a Blizzard sorc and run Mausoleum. You can do it easy and very fast in an 8 player game, it's alvl85, there are NO COLD IMMUNES, and NO RANGED ATTACKERS. Also, you can kill meph super fast.

14. Edeas_Knight

Edeas_Knight IncGamers Member

i totally agree with you. i just got my metorb sorc up to a decent level and she can own the pits and mephisto no prob.

15. melianor

What sooo hard about memorizing this?
    Devilkin: FI
    Archers: LI
    Rogues melee: CI
    Skeletons: CI

Maybe you read that i hardly switch at all?
    Yes well, there are no PIs there, wonderful. Again i would say the only proof of a build effiency is to compare some times that it takse to run the pit, anything else is just a matter of using skills, right, to whatever outcome.
    Have you actually played a Meteorb and ran the Pit with her?

I agree absoluty that the other chars do very well and fast there. No coubt at all. I think though that memorizing the immunities is NO issue since its totally easy :p
    Watching a bit on Bosses is the only thing you need to do and those are mostly FI/CI which can be totally disregarded since its not your Sorc tearing them apart anyways.
    I will do some runs tonight and record my times. I would be really interested if any char is faster at all, or if all are more even. Maybe i wil be proven wrong, then i learn something new.
    I just have the feeling that the Meteorb is as good as any of the other chars.

Also again immunities. When you play a Sorc you are absolutly used to watching out for immunities and when you have played a bit in an area you know what to expect. I dont read the immunities i see "red" "blue" "white". All i need to know... You have to aim at least a bit with Sorcspells so you see practically automatically what you are dealing with.

16. littlenec

littlenec IncGamers Member

MithrandirX what eq you have on strafer ?
    600 mf is awesome and to kill fast with that much
    is WOW

thanks big time for a reply on this I have my bower
    up to 60ish and was going mavs set but its low on
    mf and damage

little

17. cowtestickles

ya this straf build sounds interesting can u go more into detail?

18. cowtestickles

k can they drop all the same items as the pit i thought pit could drop anything can this place drop anything too? and where is it

19. melianor

Mausoleum is one of the dungeons on the Burial grounds where you kill Blood Raven.

20. melianor

Neither is this the Amazon forum ;)