Making a *gasp* PvM Bowzon

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
Making a *gasp* PvM Bowzon

The title says it all. Im gonna try and get this char to baroness, solo, with items twinked on, of course.

Im planning to max strafe, penetrate, critical strike, get a decent peirce and get a lvl 8 valkyrie. Oh yeah and, of course, the dodge/evade/avoid etc.

A freezing arrow bowazon is viable but i am trying a pure physical damage build, for style.

Im planning to use, a 147 damage gothic bow w/ 20 ias, ar, cold damage, and +1 amazon skills. I might socket w/ a p emerald or p amethyst.

W/ the ias from the bow i have aleady reached the fastest strafe speed avialable on classic, well, i can get 1 frame higher but it would have to be with a much lower damage bow and imo thats not worth a lil faster attack.

Considering this i dont have to use the usual deaths sash +twitchthroe combo, instead i can get more useful mods from gear (resists, ar, dex, etc.)

I guess ill use a basic +2 prismatic zon ammy, and then, either +9 minimum, ar, resist, dex rare rings or angelic rings + armour (leaning towards angelic, cuz... its cheaper =D)

30 r/w boots w/ resists
dual leach resist gloves or clegaws
24 fhr resist//life belt
24 fhr resist/ life armour
nice rare helm or howltusk

Hmm i think that about sums it up

critique/tips and comments please

Fred

stanzaman

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't know if you are going to need all those points into penetrate. With Max strafe you'll probably have a decent amount of AR anyway. You might be better off spending the points on maxing valk, or working on the dodge/avoid/evade combo. Though with guided and mulitshot nerfed (I'm guessing you are only going to put one point in those skills), you probably have plenty of points into throw around, so why not. You can also get AR through Hsarus set.

Something new in 1.10 is a huge casting delay on Valk. On my magezon, this is annoying as hell, because I can't use immolation arrow after casting valk for something like 5 seconds. It may not affect your build much, but on the other hand, you might find yourself using decoy a lot (I sure do). Not sure if it's worth more than 1 point in decoy though.

Otherwise, I don't think it's worthwhile putting an amethist into your weapon for the AR. The poison would be more useful preventing monster heal. Otherwise, I would go for leech - you can never have too much leech nowadays.

One other thing is you'll probably annoy the crap out of people with howltusk and/or clegraws in a party, but if you're going to solo then who cares. Another helmet to consider is the Duskdeep, the unique full helm (+min damage).

Classics

Diabloii.Net Member
... pure physical Bowazons are the WORST PvM Bowazons (imo, worse then pure fire) . It will be difficult, I can assure you of that. In your build there's a main mod that is missing, in which you should find essential in the killing of monsters. CRUSHING BLOW! I suggest you get some! I'd suggest both Rattle Cage AND Goblin Toe... Your damage will be pretty minimal with no splash so we need every cent of damage possible. As for stats, I'd go all out Dexterity, but then that makes it very hard for living. A 1/2 1/2 split could fair well. I'd also say MAX Valkyrie. You need a tank, you don't have much life, and it takes a LONG time to kill things with a Physical. Using Clegs Gloves is heavily suggested . Putting 10 points in Multishot would be useful for quickly applying the Slow to all monsters and for other certain situations. Dealing with Physical Immunes won't be possible, but since you're so suggestive of pure Physical you're going to have to deal with it. For pierce, I'd go about 75%+ with + skills. Ignore the D/A/E. Although they are useful, they're not heavily needed in PvM and could easily go somewhere much more useful.

For leveling, I doubt it will be possible in typical CS runs. The pace is too fast for a Bowazon, and she can't effectively use her minions to draw off monsters. I'd suggest joining the ranks of the un"l33t" and doing some Riverwalks!

SwampBox

Diabloii.Net Member
I have a PvM BowZon... Lvl ** with 305 in Dexterity...
Guided Arrows though.
Slow Missles is a MUST for necros.

Classics said:
For leveling, I doubt it will be possible in typical CS runs. The pace is too fast for a Bowazon, and she can't effectively use her minions to draw off monsters. I'd suggest joining the ranks of the un"l33t" and doing some Riverwalks!
wtf? I Hell CS with my bowzon all the time... if you check the US EAST Ladder ZON ONLY, Rank #2, Rank #3, and me, Rank #8, hell cs together (or used to), we can do it with ease, it just takes longer without pally or BO.

And anyway when I just do public CS with 80+'s I am just a minimal supporter doing as much as I am capable of. And I can keep up.

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
Classics said:
... pure physical Bowazons are the WORST PvM Bowazons (imo, worse then pure fire) . It will be difficult, I can assure you of that. In your build there's a main mod that is missing, in which you should find essential in the killing of monsters. CRUSHING BLOW! I suggest you get some! I'd suggest both Rattle Cage AND Goblin Toe... Your damage will be pretty minimal with no splash so we need every cent of damage possible. As for stats, I'd go all out Dexterity, but then that makes it very hard for living. A 1/2 1/2 split could fair well. I'd also say MAX Valkyrie. You need a tank, you don't have much life, and it takes a LONG time to kill things with a Physical. Using Clegs Gloves is heavily suggested . Putting 10 points in Multishot would be useful for quickly applying the Slow to all monsters and for other certain situations. Dealing with Physical Immunes won't be possible, but since you're so suggestive of pure Physical you're going to have to deal with it. For pierce, I'd go about 75%+ with + skills. Ignore the D/A/E. Although they are useful, they're not heavily needed in PvM and could easily go somewhere much more useful.

Geez.... i beg to differ on many of your opinions. First off, dodge, evade, avoid all deserve ~5 points, their benefit to your survival (especially when u have ~100 base vit) is crucial. As for physical bowazons being the worst bowazons, well, for starters, the only monsters they cant kill are physical immunes, which, are the least common immunes. Secondly, They can leach off of targets better. Thirdly they are PIMP. And also, this aint my cookie cutter uber leet omfg hammerdin or blizz sorc. This is a fun build which i plan to take through hell, which enjoying myself. Be it a fast pace or not. As for crushing blow, its not that great on a ranged character, and i wouldnt dream of using rattlecage w/ its "causes target to flee" and as for goblin toe, i wuld take fhr 30 r/w and 35 lr/ fr over it anyday.

@stanzaman- I am maxing penetrate because strafe doesnt give any bonus to attack rating, and my damage output increases much more the close it is to 95%. also i dont have anywhere else to put my points as i am not a hybrid of any kind.

Fred

Classics

Diabloii.Net Member
First off, dodge, evade, avoid all deserve ~5 points, their benefit to your survival (especially when u have ~100 base vit) is crucial. As for physical bowazons being the worst bowazons, well, for starters, the only monsters they cant kill are physical immunes, which, are the least common immunes. Secondly, They can leach off of targets better. Thirdly they are PIMP. And also, this aint my cookie cutter uber leet omfg hammerdin or blizz sorc.
A) I suggested less points in D/A/E due to the fact that they're not heavily needed and could go into places like Pierce, Valkyrie or even Frozen Arrow (suggesting you have outside cold length increasers) for crowd control. You also have +1 on your bow and maybe +1-2 on your Amulet.

B) This is in my opinion. I personnaly think they are the worst PvM Bowazons without question. Their damage is much to minimal.

C) I was suggesting that you used another source of damage too to deal with Physical Immunes, as you are going to "solo".

D) Sure they can leech, but their life numbers is minimal compared to Elemental Bowazons and/or Hybrids.

E) I never said your character has to be an "omg hammerdin or blizz sorc". I was making suggestions. You just seemed to take it offensively.

F) I was suggesting Crushing Blow because of such low damage outputs. Tri res boots work well too along with a sexy armour.

critique/tips and comments please
This is exactly what I did.

SwampBox

Diabloii.Net Member
eh... im all out pvp on my zon and I do well.. for zons.. im guided arrow so peirce is pointless (new patch makes peirce suck)

I had so many left over points...
1 Magic Arrow
1 Multi Shot
20 Guided Arrow
15 Critical Strike
20 Evade
16 Avoid
15 Dodge

^ Not totally accurate, its somewhere around there.

And you might say my zon sucks, its actually pretty good. I have made many zons, some with 5 in E,A,D, some with maxed. I like it when they are this high because then in pvp the people have an EXTREMELY hard time killing me, and giving me enough time to kill them.

I also have Slow Missle, for Necromancers.

The only char that gives me alot of trouble is barbarian... for some reason dodge doesn't work on ww... I barely ever kill barbs.. its just hard.

Necros and Zons are the easiest kill
Sorcs next
Pallys
Then Barbs

Pallys surprisingly I can take if I am ranged enough. FOH Pallys always get ****ed because I always Avoid/Dodge/Evade it. And eventually kill them.
Not that many high level chargers, but when they are around, its very hard.

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
@classics: sorry i took offense, you just seemed to critique more negatively than nessecary. As for crushing blow, its only 1/10 of monsters life for ranged atacks, which, imo, is not worth the survival that rare boots can offer. W/e, am losing interest in this argument anyway.

Update on my zon. After getting to lvl 30 from finishing norm diablo// a few cow runs she started nightmare. She is currently level 39 and is owning in act 2 nm. No problems yet, except for unleachables, but there are always potions. Damage on screen is kinda low, but the speed and accuracy is amazing and w/ critical strike triggering all the time, the damage is by no means unimpressive

Fred

Locke07

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice to see someone think outside the box. I myself like bow zons though I am going for a different root. Max guided with 15 into multi. Enough to get pierce to 50% and max dex everything else into valk and dodge and avoid I will see how it works. IMO that evade is crap because most zons arnt going to be getting hit when there moving, they stop to attack.

EDIT: Maybe I have that backwards... I am puting points into the standing ones not the one when your moving.

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah, i am going pure dex w/ probably 100 base vit

I have made final choices for my gear

The gothic bow socketed w/ p skull
dual leach fr lr chain gloves
some resist belt w/ 17 fhr
30 r/w rare sharskin boots 29 light resist 34 poison resist 22 fire resist
angelic armour
dual angelic rings
+1 zon prismatic ammy w/ 15 dex and 46 fire resist
howltusk