Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

maker's regret

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Luckymofo, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Luckymofo

Luckymofo IncGamers Member

maker's regret

I had the runes for duress except the 3 os armor, but i just found a 3os 461 def dusk shroud and made the duress, but maybe i should have saved it for something else. I had never found or seen such high defense dusk before.

<end rant>

2. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

Re: maker's regret

i had to hel out a duress (also dusk, though not as good as yours) for making an enigma not too long ago. it was the best armor i had on hand and didnt want to screw around trying to find someone to trade me another.

3. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

Dusk Shrouds cap at 467 short of superior with ED, so you wouldn't be getting much higher def anyway.

4. droid

droid IncGamers Member

dont sweat it. first off, its a good DS, even an AP only gets up into the 500s. second off, the ED roll on Duress is going to make more of a difference than the base def, and even a max ED roll isnt that high, so the base def isnt as important as it is for, say, Fortitude. Third off, Um isn't so rare that you couldnt make another later if you really want to.

5. Bry

Bry IncGamers Member

i think you did the right thing. make another one if you have to later thats how i play

6. Luckymofo

Luckymofo IncGamers Member

Thanks for the comforting replies; I rarely find high base defense armors and in such a short time, so I feel like it's a waste to make a medium runeword on a rare find(for me). One thing that comforts me is that D3 is coming out next year, so I can forget that I wasted the Duress and move on. :)

7. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Wait, you were worried that the runes werent good enough for the armor, not the other way around? :D

You do know that you can unsocket the armor with a Hel rune, if you ever, say, wanted to turn it into an Enigma...and losing that Um rune is no great waste, since you'll get a lot of use out of it in the meantime.