Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Make MH a quest reward

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Stubbs, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Stubbs

Stubbs IncGamers Member

Make MH a quest reward

I have read these forums over a year now and I felt it was my time to finally speak my mind. So as my first post, I would like to say the proverbial "Hi" and now onto my idea.

I know this will never happen, but Blizzard should provide their own Maphack through some sort of quest the character has to do. See my idea was that you can activate a mh on a character by doing something by killing the Cow King in hell solo. And they could really drag it out by making you complete every quest in the game and have every wp or do something in every act in the game you are preparing to kill the Cow King in. It's just a thought, and it is kind of fun to think of ideas one would have to undergo to unlock the mh capability. It will never happen but I can still dream. Or heck maybe just grant the character a map and radius double the size so you can see more crap on the map. Not a mh but would be nice still.

What would you think be an interesting thing to perform to grant special map privelages?

2. spiderman2k9

spiderman2k9 Banned

have blizzard make the exp penalties much harsher for leeching, and have lvl 99's reward as MH.

3. Drukqs

Drukqs IncGamers Member

Yeah, give them the reward when they won't need it and are sick of playing the char... :rolleyes:

-Drukqs-

4. Danembont

Danembont Banned

Blizzard will love this idea. Directly support the hacks they've been spending so hard to destroy. Submit this right away :thumbsup: ....just kidding.

There's a reason Blizzard wants you to explore an area. If you're sick of looking for the Stony field waypoint or finding the valley of the snakes, maybe it's time to move on to another game.

5. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Usufruct says that is a ****ing stupid ****ing idea. **** you.

SN says that blizz doesn't even know that D2 exists so why speculate on stuff they should add?

6. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

I thought if this quite awhile back, maybe there will be something like that in D3, if there's going to be a D3. I think its a good idea.

7. krmetal

krmetal IncGamers Member

make it a set up option

Make it one of the setup options and then just decrease your characters hitpoints or defense or something for useing it. I have bad eye sight and love the full radius feature. I would be willing to play a harder game if I could see the screen better. :spy:

8. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Ever thought of turning up brightness, contrast or gamma instead of endorsing a hack? Plenty of people have bad eyesight, use the accesibility options that come with windows, or think of something else.

9. Danembont

Danembont Banned

Lol :clap: :lol: How's vermont?

Krmetal, glasses are nice.

10. krmetal

krmetal IncGamers Member

I was not endorsing a hack, I just thought that all the programing is already in the game and should be an option. Just give me a penalty for choosing to use it. Besides I have already messed with the settings on the monitor and all that. It is a pain to have to constantly change all the settings when someone else uses the computer. I even bought a larger 19" monitor (now I have to set across the room :spy: ). But It seems that it is ok for people to use a program to find a hot sever for DC (which doesnt seem any different than maphack showing you where treasures or monsters are).

11. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

I see your point but personally I find that would make the game way too easy...And no one wants to get bored of D2 now, do they?

-Backdoor Bandit

12. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

in single player, once you've done an area the map is open. it makes sense, you've already traveled the area, so what if you can see the whole map. Do the roads and buildings on your way to school/work change places every day? This "feature" is technically already in the game. just not on the realms. But anyway, who cares, I don't see why anyone seeks approval to use maphack, do whatever you want, just be informed on what could possibly (not likely) happen if you are caught. If you have bad eyesight, do whatever you want to make the screen look better, if that's maphack .. so be it, if it's gamma/contrast .. so be it.
    Blizzard is not going to be putting this 'feature' on the realms, because it would just be admitting that this 3rd party 'hack' was a good idea, they would never do that, and I don't blame them. besides they don't have to because anyone that thinks this would be a good feature, uses it. people that think it's cheating, and would not be a good feature to have in the game don't use it.

This whole thing is a matter of personal oppinion, it's like jaywalking, sure it's against the rules, but hey, the cops don't care, so you end up with some people who choose to run across the street wherever, some people choose to find a crosswalk. if you run across the street don't whine when you get hit.

13. Stubbs

Stubbs IncGamers Member

I think just increasing what you see on the map would be plenty. And I would think getting more map privelages would keep me more entertained than making it boring for me. Lets just hope d3 will be good. And I doubt we will see that for at least five years or more. Blizz redefines the term 'a snails pace.'

14. Danembont

Danembont Banned

Wait, since when was it ok to use a hack to find DC?