Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Major help needed!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by thareaper, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thareaper

thareaper Banned

Major help needed!

Hey, i screwed up pretty bad. I was just chillin in a game last night when all of the sudden 1 of my friends said he was quitting and giving allof his stuff away. So i quickly made a mule acct and rushed into the game, filled about 4 chars up with pretty dec gear(including a full mf-necro setup that i was going to make a necro for). the only problem is that i didnt memorise the mule acct name, i have the password, and i even know some of the char names in the account, is there anyway i can recover the name???

thanks.

p.s. 9 days then items are gone :sad2:

2. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

if you havent logged on since then you should still have that account name when you first try to connect to bnet.

Also if you registered the account I believe you recieve an email where it says account name. You may want to try to check there.

3. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus IncGamers Member

If you remember the character names and need the account name, just type in
    /whois <char>

4. thareaper

thareaper Banned

hmm, i tried it but it just gave me the "character is not logged on" message. Any thing else i could try? Also, i used a made-up email address.

5. k/t

k/t Banned

Serves you right.

Ask your friend if he remembers the name of the account. Start thinking really hard about what it could have been. Create the email address you tried to "fool" Blizzard with, cause, you know, they were just asking for it so they can steal your items, and ask them to resend the info.

6. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Why would you make up an e-mail for something voluntary?
    Anyway, if it's possible, make that e-mail, and then request that your password be sent to the e-mail.

7. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

1. Build a time machine

2. Go back to yesterday

3. Find the account name

8. thareaper

thareaper Banned

9. thareaper

thareaper Banned

please save your humor, this isnt a laughing matter to me, also congrats on your gayness.

10. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

Please, don't let this thread take a turn for the worse. Take a step back and look at what you did, it is kinda funny and there isn't anything we can really do. Instead of being rude to the one person who made a funny comment (which you may have done to someone else in a situation like this), thank the people for the helpful comments they have had.

Surely your account name was like the one you have already? Think of all your screen names, or your friends screen names. Maybe it was like (your friends name)_stuff.

11. k/t

k/t Banned

Merick, he already knows the password, haha.

Yeah, this is definitely funny.

When did anyone say it wasn't okay to be gay?

12. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Look at it this way, you aren't going to be any worse of in 9 days time when all the items expire than you were yesterday before you even got them so don't worry about it. Its not as if you've put hours of effort into getting all that gear.

Also, imagine if [email protected] plays diablo, he's probably had off with all your gear already anyway :tongue:

13. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder IncGamers Member

You'll quickly find that people take offense to the use of the word gay in this sense. Please discontinue your use of it, if not in all of your life then at least here. It serves only to reinforce negative stereotypes and connotations, and it makes you look immature when you use it.

14. thareaper

thareaper Banned

Okay whatever, i didnt mean for you to take it so seriously, so do you think if i wrote blizzard, they would possibly give me the name?

15. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Warning for flaming.

This is useless, unnecessary and also rather offensive. In the future, if you feel you're being flamed, report the post and let Gorny and me take care of it. Don't take matters into your own hands.

If you don't know how the report feature works here, have a look at the Community Rules/Links thread (link is in my signature).

16. thareaper

thareaper Banned

ok.. any opinions on what i should do?

17. Big Boss

Big Boss IncGamers Member

keep guessing? you have 9 days...how random was the account name lol.

o/t...this marks my 666th post. im gonna try lurking for now on to keep it that number :)

18. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

This is why I make all new mule accounts with easy to remember names. Like maybe my name with a number after it. The password is more complicated than that of course, and I make sure to write the name/pass down. Good luck trying to remember. Maybe it will pop up when you least expect it.

19. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath IncGamers Member

Sorry that has happened to you, but think about what you did... You are on a machine that has about 3 different word processors on it, and despite all the technology that we have now, pens and paper still work well... Keep trying to remember... I hope you get the stuff back... As for emailing Blizzard, good luck with that... I've never heard of them being helpful in that department...

*Requiem_Death

20. thareaper

thareaper Banned

yea, it seems so far that blizzard is a bunch of a-holes. The thing is that ive tried a ton of names, and knowing me its possible i did something stupid like make a totally random name. That sux, that acct has alot of godly stuff..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.