Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Major bug in Diablo II

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by El Presidente, Apr 23, 2005.

1. El Presidente

El Presidente Diabloii.Net Member

Major bug in Diablo II

My game is giving me the wrong experience. If I am in Nightmare, I am only getting Normal mode experience and if I am in Hell I am getting Nightmare experience. The monsters maintain the difficulty, but the experience is not correct. I also noticed that when I move a character from Normal to Nightmare, the potions are the same as in Normal mode.

Does anyone know what is going on. I tried playing on different computers, and the results are the same.

To give you some examples:

I am playing with a level 23 Necromancer.

In Nightmare when I kill:

Fallen - 32 experience
    Zombie - 52 experience

Does anyone know what is going on?

2. willluk

willluk Diabloii.Net Member

its not a bug........

should b at least lvl 40 to do nm and should b about 65 to do hell. u will get good xp then.....

3. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 Diabloii.Net Member

To add to what Willuk has said, the reason you should be around those levels is that the experience you get per monster goes down dramatically if you are not within 5 levels of their level.

This Leveling Guide should help you determine where you should be in the game to maximize your experience.

For example as a lvl 23 character you should be in act 3 normal to get maximum experience.

4. Orphan

Orphan Diabloii.Net Member

Out of interest sake, how do you know that Hell difficulty is giving NM experience points? Is your lvl 23 Necro up to Hell difficulty already?

5. superdave

superdave Diabloii.Net Member

as an added note...potions will always stay the same regardless of difficulty lvl

6. Quietust

Quietust Diabloii.Net Member

Once you reach level 25, the "within 5 levels" restriction effectively disappears; you'll still get less experience from monsters much lower level than you, but higher level monsters will give a reasonable amount instead of what you're seeing right now.