Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Major assassin help needed;

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by MrGoth, Jan 31, 2004.

1. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

Major assassin help needed;

Ok i know right now that this can become very confusing to read threw if i dont word this carefuly & be neat about it...Lets see where this goes;

I'm working up at the moment three assassins. All are at various stages, one is about finished up, one is about 45ish, and one is still in the planning stage. For all three i know the basic idea & principles behind the builds, but all 3 builds are different...so i'm missing some minor facts.

Lets start with the easy one, the one i'm about finished with. Its a claw/claw nats set using whirlwind + ls trap hybrid. Shes about 87 at the moment, and i'm very proud of how she handles pvm wise. After she hit 79 & i could snap on her last claw i was able to jump out of nightmare baal runs & tank/solo hell all on my very own. {ok thats a lie, i had to mule over like 30 ort runes...but you get the idea.} So far she has maxed claw mastery, venom, lighting syntry & charged bolt syntry, and will be spliting between wb fade to finish up with.

Her problem lays in the final tid bit/picky parts of her gear. She was origonaly intended to be pvp & pvm, but sence i waited so long to invest in wb & fade she doesnt fair too well vrs people with a sheild. So now shes basicly pvm. Problems = fhr & socketing & charms. For her fhr, i was hoping to grab a few trap grand charms of balance. I read threw many many posts here and it appears that a "good" %fhr is a little less than 80 {ya/no?}. As for socketing, i'm using my gear to go with melee, and my charms to go with the traps, so im considering socketing poison facets in my helm/armor. I know about the inital weapon thing with whirl wind, but would using my chaos claw or shaeling/ed-ias/poison facet'in my nats claw be ideal?

Sadly thats the easy one...

------------------------------------------

Sence my assassin above was a pvp semi~failure, i decided to make a pure venom ~ whirlwind assassin for specifly dueling. Shes level 46ish and soloing threw nightmare with orphans set / bartucs / other low level gear. She has maxed claw mastery & split between venom & blade fury and will max fade & mabey work on shadow master a little later.

Questions on this one; does blocking work the same as it does for barbs with whirlwind? {now i know this question gets asked alot, and i did read threw many posts, but each one i found asked about a c/c assassin ;) }. And would shaeling say a stormsheild or shaeling that unique blade barrior be any help? And also about the %fhr breakpoints as i previously asked.

------------------------------------------

Ok the last one. This ones still in the planing phase. I only know the basic idea behind the build, and the name i'm going to use on her {LickMyHeels, try and guess what sort of assassin its going to be :D }. I've been studing wildjinn's guides & jrichard's post's, and his stickies, and realy relying on everything he has said to peace together a semi~build idea for this one. I dont really plan on making her till the next ladder season too {the reason i'm interested in this build is due to the level 1 dragon tail that my other assassins used while leveling, and how great it was with venom, so it should provide a pvm friendly character to level with on the new ladder...to a point...}.

For skills, i was thinking of maxing dragon tail, tiger strike, & venom. Thats about as much as i know to max at the moment... I read threw the ias tables with tail & weapon stuff, and i think i might have figured it out...but please correct me if i screwed this up; would a "shaeled" banaras & a level 9 burst of speed be enough to acheive the final frame break point for dtail? This character will probibly end up as a duelist, so would investing in a sheild be better? Also, sence this will be on ladder, i read that shadow dancers are the best boots for this, again from jrichard, so ya?

I'm really not sure about how this kicker will work in the end. I have not yet meet one on west {i'm not that social...so its not a suprise}, and the only experiance i have had with one was a test dummy i made on singleplayer using the LoD librarey & nats set. Mabey if one or two or twenty of you have made one of these or still have them could share your ideas & experiances of the build?

I know this is alot...but i though it would be easier to make one thread than spaming 3 {fear the mod...}. Thanks to whoever wishes to help in advance.

2. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Hm....your first WW build might have problems with Lightning Traps not doing enough damage in Hell, as you've only maxed one LS synergy. Ideally, I'd divert the points in Venom into an LS synergy instead, but it's a bit too late. To help with LS damage, though, I'd divert all remaining points into an LS synergy.

I'd forget about the 3rd build being able to duel at all, as DTail is a skill that gets resisted twice(first by PDR, when calculating the Fire AoE damage, and then by Fire Resistance, with deducts damage from the Fire AoE).

As for the Baranar IAS question: Actually, you could leave the Baranar's unsocketed and lower the BoS slvl to 8 and still reach the speed cap on TS and Kicking. However, Baranar's Star is not the ideal weapon for a TS/DTailer, as you'd want to maximize +MA skills/+stats on equipment in order to increase DTail damage(ideally, 2 Bartucs or Bartuc/Jade Talon).

Shadow Dancers are arguably the best DTail boots, though an upgraded Gore Riders wouldn't be that much worse off.

I've no complaints with Venom, but IMO you need a more dedicated elemental skill(Venom only attacks one target at a time, and its damage is not put on DTail's AoE), such as max PS/CoT.

3. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

~

Ive already goten the frist one threw hell, probibly b/c i was going melee over traps...not exactly what the build is now intended to do. Might have to revamp the gear a bit.

As for the kicker...i think ive figured out the formula {for real this time}. So you basicaly need -84 weapon speed...i think. So a fire lizzards claw has -20 speed with 15%ias, makeing it -35, and adding a level 8 BoS would add 49%ias, making that a lil more than enough... {yay i can add!}

Does the +fire damage off of the claws fire lizzards add in with the % from dtail?

Also as i was reading jrichards stickied thing about dtail & its passive change from fof, and puting aside the whole two pvp reduction things...would it be any better? I mean it would be ideal for only one target, and leach really isnt an issue in duels. Either way the kicker will be a pvm character on the next ladder season, only pvp at the very end of her life.

Last thing before i stop annoying you guys, but is the %fhr table from clan 76 legits page accurate?

4. Naliworld

You actually only require a -64 WSM weapon(or 64 EIAS with a 0 WSM weapon) to get to 7 frames with Kicks.

However, the IAS bonus from Firelizard's Talons doesn't quite work that way, as IAS from equipment is subject to diminishing returns(so you're really only getting about 12 EIAS. However, this is just an estimate). BoS's (E)IAS bonus does subtract directly from the WSM, though.

The Fire damage on the Firelizard's Talons is not multiplied by DTail's Fire damage bonus, but its absolute damage is inflicted onto the monster which you target with DTail(not the AoE, however).

Not sure what you're trying to ask(in the fourth paragraph of your post) here....

Could you link to the page in question?

5. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

Isn't it like -67 WSM in order to hit 7/2 kick speed?

And MrGoth , IAS in your weapon doesn't add to EIAS , it works just like any other source of IAS. There are only 2 classes where IAS in the weapon does add to EIAS , and that's barbs and druids. With barbs it's only for WW , druids it's for both shiftforms (wolf and bear).

Anyway the formula works like this.

IAS = ((EIAS - BoS + WSM) * 120) / (120 - (EIAS - BoS + WSM))
    IAS = ((67 - 0 + -20) * 120) / (120 - (67 - 0 + -20)
    IAS = (47 * 120) / 73 = 78% IAS

For EIAS you need to fill in 67. Since it requires 67% EIAS in order to hit the max kick speed. BoS only if you do use it. I left BoS out of here. our WSM = weapon speed modifier , that info can be found on this site. It's the base speed of all weapons.

1 thing I do need to mention. If EIAS - BoS + WSM = 0 , then you don't need to calculate any further. Because you have all the needed EIAS in order to hit the max speed like that. This happens with bartucs and a lvl 10 BoS (45% EIAS). For claw attacks EIAS should be 75.

75 - 45 + -30 = 0.

6. Naliworld

MrGoth seems to be using DTail, which would only require 64 IAS to reach 7 frames. You're right about the 67 needed for a 2 frame follow-up Kick, though.

7. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

^ Thats what i was talking about above ^

So in dueling, sence its usualy vrs one guy at a time, and life leach isnt really an issue, would it be better to put some points into fof?

8. Naliworld

I doubt FoF would be of much use in 1.10 PvP, as it's no longer uninterruptable, and furthermore, for any Physical damage to be converted, you have to actually release the FoF charges, and your opponent isn't likely to wait around and let you charge/release on him.

9. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

~

Ops, i was thinking fof was acting like a passive synergy.