Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

majic items

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by LiquidIce, May 4, 2005.

1. LiquidIce

LiquidIce IncGamers Member

majic items

my friend and i have no idea what it is, i was thinking it was those items with the golden names..i really haveno idea

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

magic- blue
    rare- yellow
    unique- gold

3. LiquidIce

ok thanks for the fast reply m8

btw any way to increase rare, unique drop rate?

4. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

Wear gear / use charms which have "% better chance of getting magic items". This increases the chance of rare, set, and unique items as well as magic items.

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Regarding rares, set items and uniques, the MF bonus is applied to the formula (X*A)/(X+A) with X being the MF bonus and A being 600 for rares, 500 for set items and 250 for uniques.

6. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

A simpler way to look at it is if you would normally find 10 blue items in 100 drops, and you have 100% mf, you'll find 20 blue items. If it's 200% mf, then 30 blue items.

Magic find does not work as well for rares, sets, and uniques. Blizzard decided if this same mf % worked for rares, sets, and uniques, that the game would become unbalanced. If you use the formula krischan mentioned, you'll find your Effective Magic Find % for each type. 100% effective magic find will double the number of items of that quality, 200% will triple, etc... (for blue items, your effective mf% is the same as your total mf%)

set- green

7. LiquidIce

ok, thanks for the help is there any good equips that are made especially for magic finds?

8. Elgar

Elgar IncGamers Member

If buy equip you mean equipment, there are many uniques and set items with MF and Ptopazes are good to in helms and armor as well.

If by equip you mean character builds, then necromancers, sorcs and hammerdins specifically (any skill heavy, but not specific equip heavy build in general) are good as MF characters.

I however use my conc barb to MF as he can weapon switch to a gull+baba for plenty more MF, and he can hork bodies. This isnt the recommended MF build, as he is sorta slow at killing things, i just like playing him :)

9. Cerberus

Cerberus IncGamers Member

Btw: set items (green) have the same chance of dropping as rares (yellow), if i remember correctly. Kinda annoying when you find a rare that also has a set item as the same item type..

Fast ways of getting (kinda) rich (having many sought after items) are:

1. Doing nightmare cows
    Good chances of dropping 4 socketed flails, 5 socketed crystal swords and 0/3 socketed armor (superior breast plate, dusk shroud, wyrmide, mage plate). Needed for making Heart of oak, call to arms and other runewords.

2. Perfect gems and crafting supplies
    As the ladder season (hopefully!) is nearing an end, most experienced players have most of the equipment they want. This leads to the eternal quest of creating the best amazon gloves yet to be seen.
    This means that items required for crafting can get you many of the items you want. The same goes for Perfect gems. Get these in huge quanta an you can be quite sure to get almost any exceptional item and many elite.
    Nightmare countess and Nightm. cows again are easy ways of obtaining these. Crafting recipes:
    http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml

3. The pit
    Monsters in the Tamoe Highlands in act 1 on hell difficulty can drop most of the items in the game (To keep it easy.. ). Whenever you look for items with sockets, keep your Magic find % as low as you can (preferably 0).

Check the trade value forums whenever you are in doubt if an item is worth keeping. People want the strangest things, and might offer runes you`ve never heard of.. Especially things with sockets and etheral items.

Hope this have been to some help and pardon my spelling! ( :drink: :drink: :drink: )

Be sure to read the rules before posting your items in the trade forums!
    ("forum-jump" bottom right)

10. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Rares drop more often than set items and MF helps to a lesser extent with respect to set items. See my previous posting.