Mahatma Ghandi - a take you likely haven't seen before ifr

Mahatma Ghandi - a take you likely haven't seen before

Mahatma Gandhi was not qutie the non-violent man we've been lead to believe. He preached violence when you have no other choice or when you lacked the courage to be non violent. Yet he was firmly against cowardice.

It's quite an interesting read.

bg1256

Diabloii.Net Member
What is the credibility of this source? This seems against anything I've ever read...

I don't know the credibility. But I checked on google and these quotes keep coming up so I'm guessing this is accurate.

It makes a lot of sense though. He was a pacifist, not a coward.

Talga Vasternich

Diabloii.Net Member
What is the credibility of this source? This seems against anything I've ever read...
Ghandi himself is the source. It was compiled and edited.

Compiled & Edited by : R. K. Prabhu & U. R. Rao
With Forewords by : Acharya Vinoba Bhave &
Dr. S. Radhakrishnan
First Published, March 1945
Second Edition, October 1946
Revised & Enlarged Edition, 3,000 copies, February 1967
Fourth Reprint, 2,000 Copies, April 1996
Price : Rs.100/-
ISBN 81-7229-149-3
Printed and Published by : Jitendra T. Desai
Navajivan Mudranalaya, Ahemadabad-380014 India
© Navajivan Trust, 1960

Source

Amazing isn't it though. The difference between pacifism and cowardice. So many of our lovable leftists claim to be pacifists but they're really just cowards.

Phesto

Diabloii.Net Member
I only glanced at someone else's post to get the spelling, and it felt right when I typed it, so whatever.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't get it, it all makes perfect sense to me. Maybe you should try reading it properly, Smeg.

Unchosen

Diabloii.Net Member
A helpless mouse is not nonviolent because he is always eaten by pussy.
Teeheeheehee! I found this in the article and couldn't help but giggle like a schoolboy......

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Gandhi was the champion of nonviolence to the end. But yes, he taught that when you do not have the choice of pursuing nonviolence, then you should defend yourself and justice with all means available to you, even violent ones.

Those quotes appear in other books by him (and compilations of his statements). You can go to amazon.com and use the "search inside this book" function to find a few of them.

Smeg taking potshots at "libruls" yet again and then complaining about unneeded insults is pretty f****ng funny.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I think Smeg read all of three words per paragraph in those articles. It sounds exactly like the Gandhi I read about.

llad12

Diabloii.Net Member
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?... Mahatma Gandhi
Food for thought ...

Drosselmeier

Diabloii.Net Member
Amazing isn't it though. The difference between pacifism and cowardice. So many of our lovable leftists claim to be pacifists but they're really just cowards.
Ahh. That's what I was waiting for. A critique of the character of people you have never met outside the internet.

And in the spirit of this thread; takes one to know one!

HAMC8112

Diabloii.Net Member
According to a BBC documentary i have seen in the past there are other sides to the man as well, more darker sides. The thing he did with the naked 12 year old little girls for instance.