Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Magic Finding with Blizzard Sorc

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Xena1985, May 3, 2010.

1. Xena1985

Xena1985 Diabloii.Net Member

Magic Finding with Blizzard Sorc

Hey, I had a question about MF'ing with my Blizzard sorc. Are cows worth running on patch 1.13?

I've just spent an evening running ancient tunnels + cows. I got some decent uniques in AT, (Reapers, Tomb Reaver, Trang's wing too name a few) I also got a Lem. On the other hand I did a couple of cow runs on players 3, nothing dropped (I only ran cows 3 times). However, each time I ran cows I got at least 2-3 low runes, shael's Amn's ect, whearas in AT runes, even low runes, dropped very seldom.

What do you guys usually run with a sorc? how good are TC 87 drops in the cow level? And is cows are worth running what player setting is optimal?

2. potter

potter Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Magic Finding with Blizzard Sorc

You won't see any tc87 drops there.
    Regular Hell Cows = mlvl 81
    Champions = mlvl 83
    Boss + pack = mlvl 84

Cows and Travincal are the current hotspots for 1.13 runes. Moo moo farm has a pretty large monster density. No idea about the rune drop patterns though. I'm sure other threads here have some info on that.

I primarily run cows with my lit javazon and AT with my blizzy, but i don't see why you couldn't do cows with your sorc. I say go for it.

3. BabyLink

BabyLink Diabloii.Net Member

Also, keep in mind that the Cow King is always Lightning immune. but not always cold immune. If you run with a blizz sorc, you should be careful when blizzing around the cow king, as you might kill him.

4. Xena1985

will a lightning fury Javazon be faster than blizzard? That would be fairly ridiculous considering how fast blizzard melts cows. That sounds amusing I might try that out :) I've never made a javazon before.

As for the cow king, on my first run through I almost killed him but saved and exited in time. Now I know where he spawns so I avoid the area.

One more question about AT: what's the most efficient way to run it? full clear, teleport straight to the golden chest and clear out that room (1 or 2 boss packs), or make your way to golden chest while clearing boss packs in your way (3 or 4 boss packs)

5. RatMan

RatMan Diabloii.Net Member

Roll a circular map with nice spawn locations and complete the circuit hitting all boss packs along the way.

My blizz sorc can hit 5-8 packs in about a minute this way, ending with the chest.

On /players7 by the way, players 3 is much faster. Of course cold immunes slow it down a bit if you don't want to skip them.

6. o1d_dude

o1d_dude Diabloii.Net Member

Pindleskin and the Ancient Tunnels were just made for the Blizz sorc. I'm already up over 15k runs on Teh Pindeh and have the elite Uniques to show for it. What Pindle can't drop, you can find in the Tunnels.

7. drewnibrow

drewnibrow Diabloii.Net Member

I have a blizz sorc for mfing and I usually run in order:

Mausoleum
    Andy
    Ancient Tunnels
    Meph
    Pindle
    and Cows last

8. potter

potter Diabloii.Net Member

I think it's fair to show how crazy people (in this case, Corrupted) run AT:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3zHcuxgVvQ

That is what you would call an efficient run.

------------------

My blizzard is stronger than my LFury due to Cold Mastery. Even so, my sorc can't even remotely herd and kill as many cows per min due to LFury + Pierce. And if you have an Infinity wearing moron well :p I highly recommend you try one though, they're much fun to play.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQxbrgQKfZ0 (Another video from Corrupted, /p7 run with Enigma but without Infinity)

9. Sparks

Sparks Diabloii.Net Member

I love the comment "You got Enigma on Single Player?" on that second video.

10. Xena1985

Thanks for the videos. Wow, at first I thought the Zon was slow but then I realized that this was players 7. All those cows dead at players 7 is mind blowing. One thing I noticed though is that she had a REALLY and I mean REALLY slow teleport which could be troublesome in cows. What's up with that?

As for my AT map it sucks, but on the otherhand it spawns 2 teleports away from the waypoint which is why I've kept it so far. The same map also spawned a half decent durance of hate. It'll be a tough call for me to reroll it.

Regarding the player settings, would players 5 do the trick? I'm not strong enough to do players 7 that quickly. The merc dies far too often because I take 3-4 blizzards to kill a pack. Elemental damage from the skeletal mages usually kills him. My blizzard is level 30 with 2 synergies maxed and 6 points into glacial spike, doing 3.9k damage on the LCS. I also have 25 points after skills in orb and mastery. I'm at level 91 so I can't reallly do much more with her other than to pump blizzard's final synergy.

11. LongingForDeath

LongingForDeath Diabloii.Net Member

If you're mainly looking for sets/uniques, run AT at p1. Bosses drop the same number of items regardless of player setting.

12. EatSleepDiablo

EatSleepDiablo Diabloii.Net Member

+1

Rune drops increase with higher player settings, but AT, Pits, WSK, etc. should be run for TC81s+, with HRs viewed simply as a pleasant surprise.

As others have mentioned, rune areas are trav, LK, and cows, but I disagree that council trumps LK. Yes, Jah and Cham can drop there, but the odds are very low (see last MFO results).

I am about one third into a 20 hour statistical comparison now, but, preliminarily, I would say that LK is superior to council in terms of Vex+ drops, Ko+ quantity, and overall rune quality.

Formal results should be complete in another week or so...

13. RatMan

RatMan Diabloii.Net Member

Doing enough damage to put enemies into hit recovery on /p7 is vital for merc survival, that and teleporting him out of trouble. My merc uses eth cryptic axe Obedience, Vampire Gaze and Shaftstop and he never dies.

/p1 is waaaaay too easy with a fully synergized sorc. /p7 is fun because you actually have to do some fancy teleporting plus you get good experience, rune drops and socketables.

As for rerolling maps; finding a half decent durance map isn't too hard and depending on how much time you plan to spend in AT it is definitely worth rolling a good map.