Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

magic find paladin

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by xplicid01, Feb 5, 2004.

1. xplicid01

xplicid01 IncGamers Member

magic find paladin

just got back to playing lod after a long long break. i lost my old account, with couple 80+ char, and one 96 sorc. i had around 30 sojs, with elite items. this was in 1.09, where shako, stonewall, occs, mf charms, was the best setup. she was a trielemantalist with around 600 mf.

now that i have to start clean with aboslutely nothing, from 1.10 where i dont kno much about, but reading around post and articles ect. i figure a good magic finder, would be the best in order to work back up to the top. ive read hammerdin paladins pretty much dominate the game i though i would ask a few questions. ive read a few hammerdin stragey. would it be a good idea to start with a paladin? ive read that 350mf is the best number for elite drops for some reason. this ture? its hard to start from scratch with all these new updates. thx for ne info

if u have good info from the forum or site that u think would help me, please post the link, thx

2. amishamigo

amishamigo IncGamers Member

Actually if you wanna get a fast start totally untwinked, start with a lightning trapper. Use her to run nightmare mephy till you have a stockpile of sorc gear. Once you can outfit a sorc, make a pure blizzard sorc and hell meph your way to bliss.

If you prefer pit runs (look around for threads about those, they're all over) then go ahead and make a hammerdin. The guides should be on the front page.

If you're on east I may have some low level twinker items on the ladder, just if you need them. I should be on tomorrow. PM me or wisper me at *amishamigo

As for MF, stack as much as you can without slowing your killing speed. I've heard of people doing ten minute pit runs and twenty second meph runs but I've never been able to break 20 minutes and four minutes. In this patch just kill as much as you can in the shortest amount of time.

Oh, what's stonewall o_O

3. xplicid01

thx for respond.. but y a lightning trapper? i think thats what im going to do.. once i get some sorc gear just mf with that. thx

4. Blood_And_Iron

Blood_And_Iron IncGamers Member

er be a good sorc

For fast runs you just need Teleport, a good cast rate (63%), and experience in teleporting the durance.

For "stonewall" I think he meant Firewall.

5. amishamigo

amishamigo IncGamers Member

The lightning trapper is generally better then the sorcie for a newbie (newbie here meaning someone without funding for a character) who wants to start mfing. A good burst of speed makes up for lack of teleport (tele's mana cost really burned me out quickly when I played an untwinked sorcie. It's not meant to be spammed) and fade can take care of resists. You also have a shadow to tank for you and lightning sentry traps can easily do 2k damage. That'll wipe nightmare mephisto out disgustingly quick.

The best part is all you need for nightmare is a few points into claw block as far as defenses go.

Another option would be to put points into dragon talon until you have three kicks, and use duel strength runeword (amn tir) claws for a total of 50% crushing blow. Between those claws and traps, an untwinked trapper can take out nightmare mephy easily by level 60. Just keep a gull or alibaba and a rhyme on switch for the mf.

A 63 faster cast/1k mana sorcie is a wonderful thing, but it's just a little unrealistic to those who are just starting out or who have nothing.

6. xplicid01

ya thx useful info. ill have to read up. for stone wall it was a shield, now that i think of it i think it was called eyeless or something.?

7. bioelectricity

bioelectricity IncGamers Member

hammerdin all the way, hammerdin is also powerful as hell even played untwinked. I've found all my godly gears since the ladder season's on. Honestly, the stat points allocation on my very first ladder hammerdin just sxxked however, he still did wonders. If you're planning to mf with a pally, hammerdin all the way.

Bio