Magic Find Olympics?

Booya

Diabloii.Net Member
Magic Find Olympics?

The last one that we had was my first one ever, and i have been awaiting the next one...when are we gonna fire it up?

Booya 95 Bowazon (retired 1.09)
Hooya 85 Strafezon (1.10)
Wooya 83 Fishymancer (1.10)

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
i think there is no easy answer to that one.

first it will involve alot of work for whoever will be in charge of it

second we must pick a time where all or most that wants to apply for it can.

we shouldnt exclude anyone from it but still with to many in it will be next to impossible to handle.

mayby we should use this thread to discuss about it

Boddah_khan

Diabloii.Net Member
I think the last time we had a poll, we decided it would eb sometime around february-march. It is a lot of work though, and I don't want to be the one that has to organize it. Although last time, I didn't have any chars to run with, this time I do. Should be fun, whenever we have it.

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
sure liter basicly you have a few cats to run like

item level 85 areas, hell meph, hell baal, hell pindle and then the one who got the best find gets the best item from the others.

and so furth. i think i lost a rune master to fusion as he wont the last on i was involved into.

but then again he found a nice unearther wand so....

he deserved to win.

you also have a time limit to run on and after its over you must post what you found and so furth.

i think thugg has the lists about the rarest drop from eath cat

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
i'd say its high time we had a MFO! i will be busy for a long time to come, but that wont keep me from participating! :)

Booya

Diabloii.Net Member
whats involved in organizing one? if someone can post about it or send me a PM, i would be willing to attempt to organize the next one, if there is enough interest that is...

Ti-Ben

Diabloii.Net Member
decoy_sJ said:
hey guys this MF olympics talk is quite interesting..can i take part too?? :innocent:
Why of course! Everyone can take part of the MF Olympics! Just as long as you are ready to MF endless of hours for a week or so. :p

TrenShadow

Diabloii.Net Member
Depending on when it happens, I'll be in for some 1.09 Pindle/Meph/Baal (if anyone else still plays 1.09 to give me some competition ;))

Mage11

Diabloii.Net Member
There is a fair bit involved in organising. You have to set categories, gather participants, organise rankings (I can find those for you if you need it), organise times to start the olympics and to start posting finds, and then prepare the relevant threads.

That's about it from memory, but there is a few things to consider, particularly if you are arranging all of the categories. You may want to determine how much interest there is in various categories including Act V Superuniques, Pindle, 1.09, Diablo, etc. I think that the last one we had here even had a Normal difficulty category.

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
Booya said:
whats involved in organizing one? if someone can post about it or send me a PM, i would be willing to attempt to organize the next one, if there is enough interest that is...

you might want to talk to Nightfish - I think that he organized the last one. It is definitely a LOT of work, but also a lot of fun.

decoy_sJ

Diabloii.Net Member
aww dang i started on 1.10 so i dunno wats in 1.09..sorry for the obvious noobility guys..but if its for a 1.10 MFO count me in!! :buddies:

i have the time to organise it all, and since i prob wont compete itwill be fair. can someone who did the last one post or send whoever is doign it all the info, things to do etc, as i wasnt in the last one. but i have the free time to do it all.
maybe it will be a 2 man job, so someone can refferee the game, other can do backgoudn stuff to keep it nice and correct, and they switch whenever they want to.

buffa

Diabloii.Net Member
whomhead said:
you might want to talk to Nightfish - I think that he organized the last one. It is definitely a LOT of work, but also a lot of fun.
In my memory, I remember shade is the one who organize in Nov last year?
But I might be wrong...

Anyway, I hope it can be done soon as I am going to study again in March....

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
buffa said:
In my memory, I remember shade is the one who organize in Nov last year?
But I might be wrong...

Anyway, I hope it can be done soon as I am going to study again in March....
Yep. I'm often mistaken for NF for some reason, although a quick glance through my stashes of items will usually reveal a fundamental difference :)

I can repost the rules from last time if you'd like, as I still have them on my HD. It's really not that difficult to organise - just come up with categories and rules, get a list of participants, and let them go about their MFing...

NightFish said:
Yep. I'm often mistaken for NF for some reason, although a quick glance through my stashes of items will usually reveal a fundamental difference :)

I can repost the rules from last time if you'd like, as I still have them on my HD. It's really not that difficult to organise - just come up with categories and rules, get a list of participants, and let them go about their MFing...
that woudl be really great of you. allow everyone to see how to compete.