Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Magic Find Limbo

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by XavierMuskie, Feb 29, 2004.

1. XavierMuskie

XavierMuskie Banned

Magic Find Limbo

OK, I got a newb question. I am lvl 79 with my necro (thankx Nightfish for a great guide) and I have absolutely no MF gear. Right now the best I can muster is about 130%. So what to do??? Do I keep running NM meph until I find decent MF gear to do pits with? Or should I head straight to pits now and creep along for awhile? Thanx in advance.

2. Zertuals_Ovrlrd

Zertuals_Ovrlrd IncGamers Member

If you can, run Hell Meph. IMHO he is the best place to start your MF'ing career.

Good Luck :)

Z_O

3. SincereX13

SincereX13 IncGamers Member

Run Hell Meph and let me know what gear you are looking for... If I happen to read this and catch a response tomorrow I may donate some MF gear your way...

tonight my own MF gear did me no good for the Olympics :scratch: though I did find an Io and a Lum

4. XavierMuskie

XavierMuskie Banned

OK, I'll try to make it to Hell Meph. I actually just finished act 1, so it might take me a while to get there. My items kinda suck, so I don't know how effective I'll be at running Meph... is it ok to run him on players 1?? I probably should just make a sorc to MF with instead, but I wanna keep plugging away with this char for a little while longer. Thanks again for the input.

5. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

you are fine running hell mep at players 1 if that's what keeps you safest. there is no benefit (aside from experience) to running him at higher than /players 3. either hell meph or, failing that, nightmare baal are the best places to begin your MF career. the pit is only for when you are looking for those VERY hard to find items that Meph can't drop. good luck!

6. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

You can also always make your own MF gear.
    4-socket armour with 4 PTopazes
    3-socket helm with 3 PTopazes
    That's 168% right there. Gamble rings and amulets for a while, it doesn't take long to get at least 15% on each ring and 20% around your neck. That's over 200% which is easily enough to make it worth running an act boss.

The really good MF gear doesn't have much more MF on it than that, it just has MF as well as other good mods, which lets your char tackle harder targets when wearing it. But with beginner MF gear on (ie Topazes) you can still go after monsters that can drop you better MF gear.