Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Magic Find bow

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by grease, Feb 14, 2004.

1. grease

grease IncGamers Member

Magic Find bow

ok i have a pretty good mf zon and i heard about 6 socket bows with ist runes and that they do almost wf damage and give u 180% mf, so anyways i didnt know what bow u were supposed to make them out of and my friend told me the best bows to make them from are hydra bows and that hydra bows are supposed to be very powerful. well this guy offered to trade me his 6 sock hydra bow and when i saw it i wasnt too impressed with its attack power. he told me that it would increase in power when i socketed it with the runes but i was a little suspicious so i figured since u guys are the pros i should ask you, is this bow good for a mf bow? or is this a pos and what i should be looking for to build my mf bow?

screenshot here: http://www24.brinkster.com/ice3e/6sockhydra.jpg

ok thats it plz get back to me asap thanx for the help

2. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

Those were ith bows back in the day, the guy scammed you, it will not increase the damage by adding ist runes.

3. grease

grease IncGamers Member

i didnt think so. so does that mean that this is the best possible bow i can make one out of?

4. jwfcp

jwfcp IncGamers Member

the way to go is the sliver method, beat the boss down to a sliver of his heath (like one pixel wide). then switch your weapon and wait for your merc to kill it. if your rich enough to get 6 ists you can put 6 in a phase blade and 4 in a monarch (156 str tho). a more realistic setup is a gull dagger and a rhyme (shael eth) on the switch. just make sure you mercs weapon is good, the rest of his gear can probly go to more mf.

check fluxes guide http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=495#mercs

5. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

Ist a langer briser with perfect mf, very effective and speedy item.

6. Dreamsmith

Dreamsmith IncGamers Member

"speedy"? Actually, I have one of those, and it's painfully slow. But like another poster said, use something else to get the monster down, then weapon switch for the killing blow.

7. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

oh i meant for strafing a boss. its speedy to kill it with mf on vs a bow thats handmade for mf or a gull/rhyme switch and waiting for a minion to kill.

Kirsty noted that langer briser with no ias on at all and strafing gives each arrow a chance to hit in a single monster. load up on mf and switch to that, youll see how speedy a death it is compared to most styles of sliver killing.

8. grease

grease IncGamers Member

actually i just wanted to know what the most powerful mf bow i can get is, but thanks for all the help. i guess i will be doing the sliver method from now on.

9. MithrandirX

MithrandirX IncGamers Member

I use an ohm'ed 08 windforce. My other gear and mf charms gives me around 410% mf. With high dex and a might merc, you can 1 hit kill the monsters in the Pit, which is very helpful, and makes for extremely fast pit runs.

Mith

10. grease

grease IncGamers Member

ihmed 08 wf eh? is there any particular reason u went with the 08 cuz i have a clean 09 as well and from what i can see the 09 is better

11. deathslayer007

deathslayer007 Banned

.08 WF gives +25 dex or +35 instead of the +5 or something dex as 1.09 or 1.1 does im too tired to look up the precise mods. But you get the idea

On a zon any dex u get is damage given

12. MithrandirX

MithrandirX IncGamers Member

I just like the 35 dex and the automatic 250% ed. the ohm boosts it to 300.

Mith

13. jackobi

jackobi IncGamers Member

i think that u think hreard about ith hydra bow with 6* ist :p it was in 1.09 :p but i u think about 1.10 i think there arent bow with gecent dmg and 180 % mf

14. grease

grease IncGamers Member

yes i know and i intended to use this zon for magic finding which mkaes it quite a dissapointment. it seems that the only bow worth using, even when mfing, is a windforce. :grrr: