Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Magefist Query

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Kyo, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Magefist Query

Hi

Was just wondering the +1 fire skillls (any character) attributes can someone clarify what this means exactly?

To me that means 1+ to fire tree but because it cannot stack unless you have sp invested in a fire skill would that not make it pretty useless?

Other question is magefist fairly common to come by or is it fairely hard to get. Got it whilst running normal but kinda lost it by dropping it ingame and not been able to get back on, on the switch. :( felt sick as i hate losing eq by being silly.

Cheers

Kyo

2. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

For a sorceress, it means +1 to all your skill levels in the fire tree where you already have one point (or an item granting you the skill). So if you're a pure cold sorc then Magefist is pretty useless (thouh it will add one to your Warmth where you'll probably have a point). For a fire sorc however, these gloves are very good - the best, if you don't need the huge +mana on frosties.

3. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

that fairely close to my guess. However if u look in the items database. It says +1 fire skills (any char) ??

The any char bit kinda threw me off that all.

So despite loosing it i was kinda surprised to get it on normal? It fairely easy to get another or should i just forget it and start running nightmare.

Was concerned that if i start nightmare it was lessen my chances of getting another pair.

Still gutted in the way i lost it. Not lost anything for ages like this (sick aura) :xx:

Kyo

4. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

It's not an expensive item... It may just be worth your time to collect 5 Pgems and trade for it.

A Druid can get +to his fire skills as well. As would a Paladin or a Zon....

Magefists isn't a big deal... don't make yourself sick over it.

I'm thinking NM Meph would have decent chances of dropping them.... If lucky it'll show up. It's not very rare.

5. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Thank u, Thank u, thank u. Just exactly what i need to hear. I am not all that clued up on items hence on the questions 101. Lack of MF runs i guess.

Was sick as a parrot but at least from the sounds of it i should be able to get it back (eventually). What i hate the most is the new system in bnet where if u log in and out between characters too much it doesn't let u log back on for 10 mins.

In this case i stupidly mistyped the server name and never found the game since :( Don't u just hate losing eq??

Cheers

Kyo

6. JustGotOwned

JustGotOwned IncGamers Member

thats why you go to a game thats runnin act 4 or act 5 put the stuff a lil ways away from cold plains wp, leave and come back. Before you enter the game highlight it and hit ctrl+c to copy the name, then once you go to get back in hit ctrl+v and itll paste it in the join game window for ya :xmad:

7. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Well from my experience your suggestion is what intially did when i first start playing diablo. However despite it being ok most of the time their is a danger of.

A) The items dropped are stolen by players already in game. Regardless where u hid it.
    B) The game itself becomes full, by then there a high chance u never get back in.
    C) The game has disappeared before you can log back on.

The safest way i find when solo switching eq between mules is the way i have always done and that is make a password priv game that lasted more than 5 mins and then switching chars as you please in relative safety. It wasn't until the security feature was implemented on bnet with 1.10 that I started having problems. If you switch char too frequently or log in and out too fast. You are unable to log back into bnet for at least 10 mins.

So becareful all.

Kyo