Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MageChick’s retirement plan

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by MageChick, Nov 3, 2006.

1. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

MageChick’s retirement plan

Yep, I think I’m going to call it quits again for D2. Yea I’ve done this a few times in the past, and who knows – I may do it again in the future. But for now I’ve decided to throw in the towel. I’m hoping if I quit cold turkey and give everything away I’ll have less temptation to come back. I better hurry up and do it before I loose my nerve.

I’m actually thinking it will be best if I drop and game, and take a long break from this forum too. I think this forum is actually more addictive than the game. I’ll miss a lot of you, but I think I better stop coming here too before I get drawn back into the game again. I’ve gotten to know some of you pretty well. I enjoyed the untwinked group I played with quite a lot. I wish everyone here on .net the best, but especially those of you that frequent the sorc forum. Keep up the good work – you all are what make this game fun.

I’ve noticed my butt in chair time has really gone up lately along with my weight, and the amount of TV I’m letting my 3 year old watch too. So no, there isn’t some big life changing event or anything like that. I’m not picking up WoW or anything like that. I’ve just decided there’s better ways to spend my free time and I haven’t been able to wean myself this drug slowly, so I’ll just pull the plug at once and be over with it.

OK – time for the giveaway. In case you didn’t know – I’m US East, Ladder only (sorry Frostburn and Melianor – although if either of you two want my actual US East accts, send me a PM). I’ve been trying to come up with a good way to do this. I’ve decided to give away my three char’s equipment here in the sorc forum. That’s by far the mass of my wealth, and this is where I’ve spent most of my time. I will also give away my mules worth of random junk as well, but that will be on trade forum, and only after I’ve completed the main part here. So if you don’t get anything here – look for a thread in the trade forum to come soon. (don’t spoil it for them – they’ll get the announcement next week.)

Before anyone starts begging for my griffons or P torch, let me organize this. I have 3 char’s worth of equipment to give away (Meteorb, Light sorc and Hammerdin/1pt smiter). Rather than just opening up the floodgates on a first come first served bases, I’d like to give each char worth of equipment to someone that I hope will see how I intended the build to work, how & why I equipped them, and how they are meant to be used. So I’ll give you the type of build and char level, and you need to give me the char’s various breakpoints, damage, life, mana, resists, stat points and skills. You also need to give me at least a paragraph on why the char was built that way, what areas in the game they will excel at, and which areas they don’t so well with. Hopefully this will encourage some people to get to know the breakpoints and their importance on the game. The winner will be the person that comes the closest to my numbers and gives me the best paragraph describing the char. I will close when I think someone has come close enough – this isn’t on any specific timeline, but it will be soon. You can only guess at one char at a time, but once I’ve given that char away, you are welcome to make an attempt for the remaining char.

Don’t count +stat’s or + skills from any gear – i.e. base stats and skills. life & mana are after any amount of pre-bufing. Resists are measured in hell with my “normal†gear. MF is measured with full MF gear on switch. All numbers are as they appear on the LCS (yes, even smite damage).

Hints: all char’s come with anni, torch, and decent gheeds. Every char has a weapon switch (but there isn’t an additional weapon/shield in inventory that you need to guess about.) Every char does have some gear other than weapon/shield that I do keep in inventory. These include, but are not limited to rings, boots, helms, etc. I’ll bet if you are good with the search button you can get most of these numbers from my pervious posts – good luck all.

Here’s a form type thing for what I’m looking for:

Meterorb (SorcChick_II, lvl 89)
    Fireball damage (min-max):
    Meteor damage (min-max):
    Forzen Orb damage (min-max):
    Frames per fireball/teleport:
    Frames per hit recovery:
    MF%:
    Life:
    Mana:
    Resists (Fire/Cold/Light/Poison):
    Stats (Str/Dex/Vit/Energy):
    Skillpoints (yes, please list them all out, including pre-reqs):

Opinion on why the char was built this way; include strengths and weaknesses:

Light Sorc (Mrs_Wizard, lvl 89)
    Charged bolt damage (min-max):
    Lightning damage (min-max):
    Chain Lightning damage (min-max):
    Frames per lightning/chain lightning:
    Frames per charged bolt/teleport:
    Frames per hit recovery:
    MF%:
    Life:
    Mana:

Hammerdin/1pt Smiter (TheWhiteMage, lvl 90)
    Blessed Hammer damage (min-max):
    Smite damage (min-max):
    Frames per Smite:
    Frames per hammer/teleport:
    Frames per hit recovery:
    MF%:
    Life:
    Mana:

Good luck and happy "bidding" all. Maybe I'll see you around sometime.:wave:

2. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

What? But you just came back.

You'll be back. Seriously though, if you feel you need to quit cold turkey then go ahead. I don't think it's really necessary. I'm not looking for itamz, just wishing you GL in RL. :thumbsup:

-ES

3. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

This is awful MC. There aren't many people with the ability to explain concepts - espcecially the maths - as well as you. Frostburn seems to have disappeared too. I wish you the very very best MC, but really wish you change your mind. :cry:

4. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

I've only known you for a short time, but I'm sorry to see you go. It's not often you'll see an intelligent discussion on Frost Nova (rather than just "Frost Nova Sucks end thread").:smiley:

Anyway, good luck with Parenthood(tm). I hear it's a much harder game, and unlike the ancients, there's no rerolling. I hope you find it ten times as fun as you've found D2, and infinitely more rewarding.:grin:

5. blewstar

blewstar IncGamers Member

Magechick, I'm new to the game, but nearly every post I read I see your well thought out post that has helped me to start a sorc. I do not have numbers or gear, but I'm happy to play and have your legacy here in the forums I can rely on to develop my character. I wish you well in your travels.

Blewstar

6. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

I don't think Magechick will be totally absent form the forums with his wise input, but rather just not play that much. I have had brakes inbetween playing and always stuck around the forum.

Nice idea about giveaway between :) We all return in some fashion *g*

7. MageChick

Well, thanks for the responce all. Unfortunately no one is guessing at the char's. Oh well. I'm going to open this up to the trade forum folks - maybe there's just not a lot of US East people here.

8. Freel

Freel IncGamers Member

Well some of the US East folks (even those who read more than post lol) are not always on :wink3:

I'm in the process of building a meteorb/MF char right now (and yes, I've read a lot of your posts and thoughts and explanations) so I would love to get into the guessing game.

Unfortunately, family is visiting (with the adorable/terrible nephew) so I don't have enough time right now. Bad timing I guess.

In any case, GL with everything :thumbsup:

9. MageChick

OK, now that I've opened this up to the trade forum folks (who are all US East by definition) its going much faster.

I got a winner for the light sorc already, but the other two are still up for grabs

10. MageChick

I'm kinda bummed that none of this went to anyone from the sorc forum. Oh well, life goes on. I've given away all the gear and my accounts too. If you haven't removed *jak3676 or *magechick from your /f list, this is your warning. jak3676 went to olwe and magechick went to SGP.

Of course now that I'm quitting again that will be blizzards cue to reset the ladder. We'll see. Good luck, happy MFing and all that stuff.

11. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

Hey, MageChick, you are still on my F List even though you never play NL. Do you have a spare NL gheeds for my MF barb?

I'm not crazy about guessing/bidding, but if you want to be generous, I'll take any ladder leftovers that haven't been claimed. I don't play ladder much, and my characters are all low (below level 20), so pretty much any items would be a huge boost in wealth for me. I really need an anni or something to get me started.

Thanks!

G_G

12. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

I've said it once, but I will say it again. It's a real shame MC. Please don't be a stranger here. Your knowledge and experience deserves to be shared. Best wishes in RL btw.

13. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

Oh damn! I went away on a little vacation and missed this giveaway... [insert cussing with really bad words here]

14. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Darling, one has to spend at least some time buffing one's nails...

It figures... I disappear for a month and a half, through ineptitude on the part of my ISP, and one of the greats of the sorc forum decides to leg it... turkey anyone?

Sorry to see you go MC... now who am I going to argue with about Blizzballs being immensely superior to Meteorbs??? Hrmmm, where's Meli?

Still, you've made the right choice, I reckon. When you've got kids, they become your primary concern, especially in the dodgy world that we live in now. And you need to keep your tummy trim or your kiddie will be calling you names of a certain sort...

However, when you come back, give me a tinkle. You do know that in SP, you keep all your gear and chars indefinitely... alas, I have no Griffon's, but I have almost everything else, and to spare. Anytime, let me know.

Take care matey, and love to your family.

15. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

I am here alright, just a bit more quiet again, since i am more busy in RL and also play some different stuff at the moment. I am always up for an argument though :D