Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MageBarb

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by CyberHawk, Feb 24, 2004.

1. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

MageBarb

Wasnt there a guide to this build at one time? Thinking of trying this build out.

I dont hear them talked about to much, in baal runs/forums/etc. Is it a challenging class to play? From some storied I've read (MogoJerry's), they seem very viable in hell lvl, esp vs physical monsters.
    And anyone who has played one, please, tell your stories, and thoughts.:)

I'm pretty sure about the items, esp after reading Mogo's story, tho I may have a few ideas myself. I cant remember tho, if mana was a stat to add to?

2. mcm

mcm Banned

There was a good pvm guide written a few months ago, but the moderators never bothered to sticky it. There is also a PVP guide written by myself, but it too was not stickied, and apparantly not available on these forums anymore.

WC barbs are not good killing machines (pvm), but are very good at crowd control. A WC barb and a double tree sorc can tackle any part of the game no matter how evil it gets. Regarding your specific question, don't put points into energy. Get mana from charms + items.

3. boxcutta

boxcutta IncGamers Member

possible idea?

dunno if this is a stupid idea or not, but what if you stuck enough of trangs set on a singer to get meteor? i think i saw some article on d2.net about a guy who liked making underpowered chars. youd have lots of mana, some mana regen, fhr, fcr, decent resists, & a few fire spells to augment the warcries. an obvious downside would be that it would take up 4 equipment slots to get meteor. the dude in the article only used a couple i think. anyways, ive never tried it so i have no idea if it would work or not...

4. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

no fire mastery= ***** damage

5. boxcutta

boxcutta IncGamers Member

good call, meme. didnt ever cross my mind...
    i dont usually play sorcs

6. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

Can you dual wield wizardspike?

it would be awesome if you can because you can get 100% FCR and 150% resist AND HUGE mana just from them. You have lots of flexibility with the rest of your equipments then.

7. UndeadSliver

UndeadSliver IncGamers Member

i have a Crying barb about lvl 70 in USeast realms and im maxing synergy, i do 671-701 damage and i have 1100 mana when im doing Battle Oder with my +6 warcry weapon (2x +3 war cries jav) then im switching to my 2x WizardSpike and i cast warcry like hell :) im doing baal run in nightmare with other people like easily, i survived when other die :D ok i dont do a lot of damage, sword barb or even throwing barb do lot more damage at same lvl but i can easily stop these lil flayers in act5 and they dont even hit me

im using : +
    1 skill armor
    demon horn helm +3 skill in warcry
    2x wizardspike
    +** mana ring
    +111 mana ring
    +56 mana amy
    frost burn
    IK boot
    and i dont rememeber the belt ...

crying barb are good when they are strong lvl and in team with other character

have fun with ur barb