Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mage vs windys and ww/trap sins

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Ronaldo, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Ronaldo

Ronaldo IncGamers Member

Mage vs windys and ww/trap sins

I have a mage pally and im looking for some advice against these classes. Against windys ive found that my best success has been when i desynch my hammers till the wolfs die then either tele hammer them or keep desynching. Foh is useless against windys so how do hdins fight windys? Against ww/trap sins i have to sorb them and their claw block is annoying as hell... so can you guys offer me some advice?

2. Camden

Camden IncGamers Member

What level holy shock do you have? I once dueled a v/t that was able to kill off all 5 of my wolves in 2-3 pulses, then he'd try namelock/smite. I suppose you could try doing the same, only with hammers obviously

Vs a hybrid just tele and hammer; when they begin to ww down foh foh foh. If they try to tri whirl or go back and forth keep hammering. Use foh to push them to attack; max block and max poison res should help negate some of their ww damage, traps you should be able to tank several. At least long enough to significantly damage 'em

3. Zaczku

Zaczku IncGamers Member

vs windy 125 fcr, 86 fhr, 4x dr and spam hammers in triangle. try to put down oak when you can. when he back couse his minions die throw lock him.

vs assa use foh stick and put her down with foh only, its kinda easy. Never use more then 1 wisp.

4. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Against Windies, use Holy shock pulses / FoH to get rid of minions and use Grief charge.

Trappers can be beaten with grief charge / sorb, but if its hybrid use foh / sorb. Cast occasional hammers here and there to prevent tele ww'age.

5. Camden

Camden IncGamers Member

Do druids on west tele-WW often? :shocked:

6. Dennis_KoreanGuy

It is rather clear I was talking about hybrid sins?

He asks about windies / hybrid sins, so I answer em in seperate paragraph. Is that not enough? :tongue:

and yes, west windies are known for their ww's.

7. Zaczku

Zaczku IncGamers Member

Mage dont need to sorb hybsin at all. 1 wisp is more then skilled mage need if assa have HUGE trap dmg.

grief is bad idea, it is only usufull to charge bow zons. it is possible to kill all chars w/o grief.

8. Moritz

Moritz IncGamers Member

hey paul (zaczku), its moe =)

i think to really kick a hybsins *** as mage you should have some more abs than a 20% wisp.
    when i dueled you with my ww/ls the duels were pretty much like 50:50 and i think you are the best mage player i ve met ;) ebay.be and the other mages i ve seen lost i think even with some more sorb.

to really win constantly as any hammerdin or hybrid type of hammerdin, i would personally say that a good amount of abs, such as tg+1 wisp is needed.
    if the sin prebuffs her venom and knows what shes doing it'll be an exiting duel for both even without any trap dmg.
    with good use of shadowmaster and with the help of clawblock, assassins should be able to counter your foh pretty well. with aggressive trap laying and massive stun, you wont often have time to hit with fohs i think.

imo ww/ls vs mage is a very cool duel (my experience as sin player).

9. Dennis_KoreanGuy

A good trapper will easy beat a mage if some amounts of lightning proofing isn't done. Unless the trapper is stupid enough to ever get hit by hammers.

10. DarkMousy

DarkMousy IncGamers Member

Grief smite > windies. Desynch hammer fields and smite them into hammers.

11. Zaczku

Zaczku IncGamers Member

HiHo Moe!:)

Our duels was like fifty fifty and it was rly fun:) But i must admit that i played on 48 fhr bp (you know that i have my fcr on ld and i must use Tgloves;/) and i still could make 1-2 mistakes and win duel. Also i never use mana pots so its a bit harder to lag opponent since i have to look at my mana points all the time. That why i think i have char advantage in this matchup.

When i play windy 1 mistake means rip if it is skilled druid - simply - i have char disadvantage here.

if you talk about xxxWINDYROXxx than maybe you got right.

12. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Grief melee > hammer vs. Windies. but never grief melee on hdin > windy. They got the advantage.

and zaczku, I was talking about pure trappers with 12k traps, not hybsins. They rarely do enough trap damage to bother putting on a lot of sorb stuff.

13. Zaczku

Zaczku IncGamers Member

k there was a little misunderstood between us.

14. Moritz

Moritz IncGamers Member

hmm is there really such a big difference between 7-8k traps and 12k traps?
    i mean, sure they got 2-3k more average damage, but ww isnt useless vs mages neither ... :/
    and in case the palas sorbs, ww is a good alternative dmg source.

15. order

order IncGamers Member

i kill sorb hammers all the time with my ww/light hybrid. u just have to pay attention to where the desynch fields are located

16. Zaczku

Zaczku IncGamers Member

if you play eunld it would be honor for me to duel with skilled hybsin(only one skilled hybsin i know is muaythai, as trap influence. is nice and as ww transparency.). i will not use more then 1 wisp:)

17. Ronaldo

Ronaldo IncGamers Member

you shouldnt be able to know where the desynch fields are against a good desyncher...

18. order

order IncGamers Member

its pretty simple if u pay attention. it also requires a more defensive style of playing. ive held my own against the best hammer desynch pallies on west. yes i did loose but it took them at least 1-2 min to kill me off.

19. Moritz

Moritz IncGamers Member

hmm if they sorb it takes me (MuayThai @ eu scnl) pretty long to get some hdins killed if they spam hammers a LOT, because its hard to find an instant to set a fast whirl to south into their hammer cloud.
    if they spamm all too much, i sometimes even use bladefury to deliver venom and ow ^^

i also like playing aggressive vs hdins and mages via trap+mb+tele/wwflash namelocking. its always a bit of a gamble though .. if they r just hammering when u tele+ww its sucks ofc, but often they just charge away when you namelock them with ls and mb before, so you can land free ww hits =)