Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mage vs Bone necro

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Magikc, May 11, 2005.

1. Magikc

Magikc Banned

Mage vs Bone necro

I have mage pala which has 7k hammer dmg and up to 4k foh dmg. My conv is on 25 lvl so it gives -150 res all to my enemy. I duel a lot with people but have some problems with bone necros. My friend have necro which can break 125 fcr breakpoint with 85% light resist, tgods and wisp on - so it means my foh dmg make him nothing:( or so. Becouse of it i have to use hammer's to kill him. The problem is:

When he goes follow me... he die :) but...

If i tele on him his bs traks me- it means death for me couse i can't tele away even with my 86 fhr breakpoint;/ In most cases when bs tracks me i charge away-its the only way i can escape.
    I think best strategy for me is lock him in hammerfield. But its really hard when he spams bs ;/
    I wonder when is best moment to tele on top of him. If he namelock me and i tele on him - its gg for me, i cant cast hammer's couse of traks bs :(
    If someone have good experience with hammer vs bone necro duels please give me advice- when should i tele on him??
    If someone have better strategy then mine vs bone nec write it down plz too.
    Sry for my bad english. I hope everyone will understood me.

2. Mr.Popo

Mr.Popo Banned

wrong forum. If u play pally, u should go to the pally forum.

3. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

It's not the wrong forum. He's looking for advice on how to beat bone necros with his build.

It's not a bad build but if your buddy is using lightning absorb for effective immunity which is considered bad mannered dueling in most circles, it doesn't really have any more of a chance than a lightning sorc would. I haven't done a lot of duelling but if I can manage stay clear of the first hammers and lock a hammerdin down, he doesn't have a chance. I think the key to playing a hammerdin well is to only shoot out a couple hammers at a time, move a little than hit two more, and then move to another point forming a small triangle and shoot two more. That makes hammers hard to avoid. If you just spam them all they have to do is not get hit by the first one and will know the rest won't hit them.

I still think a hammerdin is at a disadvantage though and since he's unfairly nullfied your FoH attack you don't really have much of a chance against a good bonemancer with max FCR.

4. Magikc

Magikc Banned

When i wrote that "i try to lock him in hammerfield " i mean that i tele around and sometimes cast hammer. I think this tactic is best but when i see that he has only little life- one hammer can kill him-then i tele on top of him to finish him. i have 125 fcr too but when he namelock me his bs is faster then my tele+cast hammer so it tracks me. Then i cant tele away and cant cast hammer. Only way to escape is charge away. i have 86 fhr breakpoint and it makes me really anoying :confused:
    I can kill him with 3 hammers when he needs to cast 8 bs to kill me(he dont use marrwallk bug-prefer using bone prison). So i think i have huge chance - the only problem is bs tracks couse i can't cast even with my 86 fhr!!

The post is on this forum couse i think here r more skilled people and U know much more about bs then people on pala forum :)

5. Mr.Popo

Mr.Popo Banned

Then why not ppl respond? If he play pally and want know how to beat necro he should go to the pally forum to ask. (from experience those duelers who play pally) This forum is for the necro, to beat other classes.

6. Magikc

Magikc Banned

@Mr.Popo if U want to give me advice just do it if not dont spam in my topic plz :mad:

7. Mr.Popo

Mr.Popo Banned

im not trying spam. im just telling u that u should go to the pally forum and ask the question there. U will get a lot more advises from the ppl who play pallys a lot. Remember, this is a necro forum. If ur topic is, "how to use bonenecro against mage paladin" then ppl would've answer cuz thats they play necro and they know what to do. Sure, some of ppl here would post ur strategy on how to use mage vs. bonenecro, but certainly not many.

My advice?

use foh and make him stack light resist. Once he does so, either tele on them or use charge and hammar. First, u need to get enough fcr, 75% preferable. Second, since good bonenecro isnt dumb so u dont spam hammer at the same spot all the time. (he will go to the south part where hammer cant hit) Try to move and place random hammers while dodge his bspear/bspirit. bonenecro are hard to duel due to the fact they have long range attack and u dont. (ur foh will be negated)

8. Magikc

Magikc Banned

@Mr.Popo I have 125 fcr^^ He has stock resist(kira + wizzy + spirit + resist on crafted amy//ring) but still have 125 fcr (wizzy + amu20fcr + ring10fcr + magefist + spirit).
    I dont care aboute rang atack... im fast i can avoid it... The problem is with bs track(or stunt) when i tele on his had. Even with my 86 fhr i cant cast hammers//tele away when he namelock me ;/ i can only charge away and try to tele on him one more time.

9. Mr.Popo

Mr.Popo Banned

then what happen when he spawn teeth all the time?

10. Magikc

Magikc Banned

When he teeth or spear all the time i tele around him to cast same hammers then tele on his head. If he not run away he is dead in 1 sek. If he run away then eariel or later he went into one of hammers that i casted before i tele on him.
    Like i said before only problems for me i bs that tracks after hit target(dunno if I use right word tracks is like "stunt" for a moment).