Mafia Games - Please Read

Valhauros

Diabloii.Net Member
It would be nice if any of you mods made a post or a thread explaining what exactly is going on with this website, in a detailed manner with dates and everything. It sucks that this isn't openly available and having to resort to sending PMs begging for information.

Elly

Administrator
@Valhauros It's not the mods fault, they are doing their best in a bad situation. The site no longer has any admins to look after the place. Rush and I departed in January and the current owners have abandoned it which is why a new site exists.

Noodle

Hey, Val, great to see you. Elly summed things up - I'd love to see you at the new site. Please feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Valhauros

Diabloii.Net Member
When I saw the replies I thought "What's the point of pressing for more info?" but I just got curious again about this.
having to resort to sending PMs begging for information.
Please feel free to pm me if you have any questions.
Pretty much what I was talking about. Why did admins depart? Who are the current owners? Why have they abandoned this site? Why did they buy the site only to abandon it? etc.

Noodle

The admins left because they no longer own the site. I don't know the details of why or how they sold, but I know Elly and the crew sank a significant amount of their own money into this place over the years.

Someone named Steven Wong (forum name Occultist) was introduced in the moderators' forum as the new admin/owner. That was in February 2019. As far as I can tell, he's a worthless **** who doesn't give a shit about this place. He certainly hasn't paid it any attention.

**** him. We've created our own place. Join us or don't.

The Silver Shroud

Diabloii.Net Member
The admins left because they no longer own the site. I don't know the details of why or how they sold, but I know Elly and the crew sank a significant amount of their own money into this place over the years.

Someone named Steven Wong (forum name Occultist) was introduced in the moderators' forum as the new admin/owner. That was in February 2019. As far as I can tell, he's a worthless **** who doesn't give a shit about this place. He certainly hasn't paid it any attention.

**** him. We've created our own place. Join us or don't.

I agree with this and couldn't have said it better.

Valhauros

Diabloii.Net Member
Someone named Steven Wong (forum name Occultist) was introduced in the moderators' forum as the new admin/owner. That was in February 2019.
He hasn't logged in since November. Maybe he died. Seems very odd someone would buy a site just to neglect it.

Elly

Administrator
To clarify. I needed to take a step back for a while, 20+ years looking after the site took its toll on numerous levels. Rush looked after things as best he could on his own after the new owners took over. He then had to leave but both of us decided we really can't leave this community hanging after we saw what was happening, it's been too big a part of our lives. So that's why we moved on. A clean break was needed and Rush worked flat out at the start of the year to get a new platform up and running while he was not working. Why has the site been left, I have no idea, but at least we have given the community a chance to live on for another 20 years :)