Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mad at Trapsins

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Hex, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Hex

Hex IncGamers Member

Mad at Trapsins

ok ive got a lvl 82 Wind druid ladder with hoto/enigma/shako/maras and 8 ele skill charms. i have 2.8 k life with sage and cyclone armor absorbs 3.1 k and i nearly have max res. how do i die consistenetly to trappers?? ant advice of what i could do to kill this idiots?? besides not duel them because you get called a wuss for not dueling then they refuse to duel you when you put on 2 wisps, a tgods, a lightsabre, and a blackhorns face i mean cmon just becuase you aborb all they do i mean wtf its prolly one of the cheapest builds in the game now. *sigh* any suggestions?? lol

2. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Ignore the people who call you a wuss. Some builds are overpowered. It's always been that way, and it always will be. Sorry.

If some builds refuse to duel a Wind Druid because of their mad absorb and stuff, you accept it and move on to something challenging. If Trapsins get kicks out of wasting on builds that have no chance, then leave them alone and they can play with themselves.

Alternately, go on a mad rampage and kill one.

3. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

put on all that lighting absorb gear and call them a wus .. the name calling works both ways ya know.

4. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

im sorry but trappers and FOH palas are ony good vs newb duellers. They are the weakest duelling chars in the game. Im sorry if you take that as an insult but its true.

The way to beat ANY trapper: TGODS + Templar coat (and max light resist.. not hard to do at all) ; traps arent affected by -enemy resist...

The way to beat ANY FOH pala: 4 ORT armor + Tgods

another option though not as effective (but damn close) is perfect Kiara guardian helm with ORT rune in it.

if you lose to these chars its because you are too stubborn to change your gear to beat them. so put that shiny enigma armor away when you dont need it to win.

thnx
    stef

5. Hex

Hex IncGamers Member

well i could put away the enigma but seeing as i have 84 base str i dont know if ill have enough str for my gear...ill see what i can do... it might work

6. DemonicTutor

DemonicTutor IncGamers Member

Why giveup enigma for 4 Ort armour? Keep enigma and just take off your SS for a 4 sock P-Topaz Monarch 160% agaisnt FoH.

Vs trappers, T-gods is enough to absorb the weaker ones, the high damage ones it takes a t-god + wisp.

Trappers are pretty much the scum of pubby dueling. They only own the noobs without absorb, and they do so by Naked Killing and town guarding. I love cleaning out rooms full of BM trappers. I continue to kill them till they eventually leave the game, then I useually get a resounding "good job man" or "thanks" from the people who where getting nk'ed repetedly. Then order and some form of manner is restored.

Also I have a big hatred for trapsins because they can take any pk room and lag it to kingdom come. So generally if a trapsin joins a room I'm in, I politely tell them to leave or ask em to get a diff character, and if they don't I single them out and hunt them down everytime they step outta town.

Also trapsins take pretty much no skill to use. They drop 5 traps, then namelock you with MB, all the while spamming "haha pwnted joo" or "i r teh l337nezz".

Trade for a T-God and a Wisp ring and you will be a much happier pubby dueler. Nothing more satisfying than killing egotistical pubby trappers. They are humbled quickly.

7. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

aye pubby trappers are the scum of the earth. They always seem to trap the outside of town whenever they have the chance. its always funny to sneak up on em through the cold plains wp though...

8. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

Ask anyone in the necro forums... I have always been a hater of the trappers.

ALWAYS

If the traps tree just happened to drop off the face of the earth, I would not miss it.

I figure the only thing that can truelly own non-stop a trapper is a Tele-WW barb or a bliz sorc, though anything with light absorb has a fair chance. The prob is the constant MB which is just newblar.

Trapper - Mind Blast = Nothing, nothing at all. Just pretty little flashes of light with a running little newbie behind them.

God I hate this blue forum look..

~Kbob

9. Hex

Hex IncGamers Member

what gets me is ww assns because it seems i cant block them or rather they have maxed venom... (hurts because it could do around 600 dmg in 0.4 sec) and the blizz sorcs that tele around alot. hammerdins because im always stupid and tele right on them (bad habbit from zons/necros/melee pallys/foh pallys im gettin better tho.

10. Heartless_Lich

Heartless_Lich IncGamers Member

Though if you ask me, all the fire trapsins I've dueled are very strategic. They also dont use bad manners and stuff, they dont use tele with their engima, and they let you retrieve your corpse. They also go straight back into town after a duel so that no one can be hurt by the traps.

But you're right, if someone was drunk at 3 in the morning and stoned (just an example!) playing upside down and with just a mouse, a trapsin can do a lot of dirty damage o_o.

11. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

If you followed my build you should at least have +50 light resist, yes?
    Switch out a couple elemental charms for light resist, then put on a tgods.
    I don't use that and I beat trapsins with 75% light resist, basically you need to stay out of the middle of their traps until you can strike. They are aimed retardedly so if you're moving they can't judge it and will always shoot behind you, that's the key to beating them.
    Recast cyclone whenever you get hit because you don't know if it was a 2 dmg shot or a 2k.

12. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

On my necromancer, all I have are maxed out resists (over 75%, actually), and a Thundergods. I can still take out Trapsins pretty easily. Even if they keep casting Mind Blast on me, every 2 seconds or so, I'm able to shoot one or more Bone spirits. Since the assassin has to be standing while she's MBing me, the BS hits her, and eventually she'll die. Trust me, if this happens, she'll die a lot earlier than I will.

13. Kewk_LOC

Kewk_LOC IncGamers Member

Why wouldnt they just lock you? *shrugs. Anywayz asns are one of the stronger duelers in 1.1, some are cheap yes, but a good asn is hard to kill with any class.

14. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

they are supposed to assassinate. ahem. anyways...

blackhorns with an Ort rune in it. perfect edition to ones backpack.

i try to have the following in my chest:
    Rising sun ammy
    Blackhorns with Ort
    tgods
    2 ravenfrosts
    dwarf star
    snowclash belt
    um'd pally armour

basically cheesily neutralizes anything magical besides necroid. Wisp is something i need to get. 1.09 i woudl have shaeled shaftstop,shaeled stormshield for burritozons.

15. DemonicTutor

DemonicTutor IncGamers Member

Yes but burrito zons had el terrible IAS frames. I always found burrito zons to be one of the easiest chars to kill in .09

They fired so slow, and most the pubby idiot noob burrito zons didn't know how to aim, so it was cake for a dr/block necro. Man I miss some of those duels...

I agree assasins are good, but not the trapper variety. The best assasins are the Martial Arts builds that utilize traps for strategic purposes, not for damage. Like kicksins that use Blade Sentinels and WoF (for stun). Same goes for Dragon Claw sins or just plain old WhirlWind sins.

Anyone who relys on traps for damage is foolish and will be humbled by anyone with absorb. Course pubby noobs don't think about that stuff, they just see a trapper killing ppl in 1-2 hits and think, wow thats the best char ever, I'll make one and camp town and NK ppl by dropping traps over there corpses.

I urge everyone to do there part in the diablo community and trade for a t-god/wisp ring and hunt down every trapper that ever lived, so as to erradicate this mindless class from the Bnet servers, it will greatly reduce overall lag as well.

16. electricblue

electricblue IncGamers Member

I don't like anything non-melee.
    trapsins are no exceptions, although they have a life of 1 bite.

17. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

there are plenty of ways to own trappers with any class, but I see a wind druid having a terrible time because they have to approach the trapper to hit them (yes, I hate enigma. won't duel with or against it unless there is NO teleporting). Vindicator/templar pallies were what I dueled with. I didn't get owned in 1.09 and I didn't get owned in 1.10. Maxing your resists is the key, 95 all or just 95 fire/lightning pretty well nerfs them. You can add a little absorb if you want to be really cheesy. If you are a paladin, just charge them. Eventually, you will hit and clobber them. As far as an elemental druid goes....use fire skills? otherwise, just try to get them to follow you and cast a few tornadoes. Similar to a hammerdins strategy, but be careful. It will be a very long duel.

--welt

18. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

Quit whining about traps ruining your public dueling games, while you use enigma and teleport around with your wind druid spamming hurricane and tornado while right on top of them.

You can use mass absorb (while % is capped at 40) or mass resists or both, but it won't make you a better dueler, you'll be just as bad as the people you complain about.

It takes pure skill to be able to have the best ammount of fast run/walk to dodge lightning traps and high hit recovery for mindblast/getting hit with them. Even then it doesn't help much. Some things you must learn to accept, lightning trap assassins are "owned" (for lack of better word) by holy shock paladins (95 resist, mine has tgods mostly for gloams, but still it helps with trappers), so, everything is relative.

19. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

No, they won't lock me, because they have to be always standing to do so. Before they even get near me, a train of Bone Spirits will be heading their way. The assassin has to run away every now and then or else she will DIE! muahaha..ha...hahah..ha.. Sorri, lol.

20. Kewk_LOC

Kewk_LOC IncGamers Member

Or theyll just stand there, lay traps and dodge your bs's while you run away til your life is eventually brought to zero.