Mace= Maul mastery?

Whiplashfourever

Diabloii.Net Member
Mace= Maul mastery?

For my IK barb using the maul, do I max out mace mastery? Also, is ww the the best skill for an IK barb or is there something better... or does it even matter? So far, I have 4 barbs and they're ALL ww. I know IK isn't the best you can do equipment wise, but until I figure out the rune crap for making better items, it's the best I can do.

phool

Diabloii.Net Member
What Omikron said. However one alternative I tried only recently and seemed to work well was 2 single handers on switch (I used 2 jahed sazabis for the cool factor:cool: ) and high lvl frenzy. Use frenzy, switch, use berserk, switch, etc. I wouldn't suggest a 5th WW barb :eek: , that seems excessive to me

JME

Diabloii.Net Member
Whiplashfourever said:
For my IK barb using the maul, do I max out mace mastery? Also, is ww the the best skill for an IK barb or is there something better... or does it even matter? So far, I have 4 barbs and they're ALL ww. I know IK isn't the best you can do equipment wise, but until I figure out the rune crap for making better items, it's the best I can do.
I have an IK concentration barb that does wonderful and can easily solo hell. I just put 1 point in ww for crowd control and it makes a good support skill. I use only 2 ED jewels in my maul and I do plenty of damage with ww and do great (plus good defense bonus) with conc. Look up a build and try something new.

EDIT: I agree 5 ww barbs is too many. Try at least a conc with a ww support (you really only need the one point) or a frenzier.

Whiplashfourever

Diabloii.Net Member
JME said:
I have an IK concentration barb that does wonderful and can easily solo hell. I just put 1 point in ww for crowd control and it makes a good support skill. I use only 2 ED jewels in my maul and I do plenty of damage with ww and do great (plus good defense bonus) with conc. Look up a build and try something new.

EDIT: I agree 5 ww barbs is too many. Try at least a conc with a ww support (you really only need the one point) or a frenzier.
So far, in War Cries, I've maxed out Battle Orders with one point leading up to them and one point into Battle command.

In Combat Masteries, I maxed out mace mastery and put one point into Iron Skin and one point into Natural Resistances

In Combat Skills, I have put one point into everything up to but not including the two biggies (WW and Berserk) and nothing into the far right column. I did put 4 points into jump (because of Arcane Sanctuary... I hate trying to manipulate the portals - LOL)

I'm strong enough to wear IK gear (just not high enough level yet) with 20 stat points to distribute and 19 skill points remaining. If I go Concentrate, other than maxing concentrate, what other skills should I be looking at?

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
You NEED one point in berserk, definately, for PI and IM enemies. Other than that, you generally just max out BO, Shout, Mastery, and a weapon skill, with the leftovers going somewhere like Ironskin or Leap, depending on what the build is for (pvm/BvC/etc).

I would NOT suggest going concentrate with the IK set. The defense on the suit is rather low, so there's nothing for concentrate to really capitalize on, and since conc is a base swing type, it is really hindered by the slow swing speed of the weapon. The lowest you'd get it down to would probably be 12 frames, which is very, very slow.

-Hal

Whiplashfourever

Diabloii.Net Member
Halciet said:
I would NOT suggest going concentrate with the IK set. The defense on the suit is rather low, so there's nothing for concentrate to really capitalize on, and since conc is a base swing type, it is really hindered by the slow swing speed of the weapon. The lowest you'd get it down to would probably be 12 frames, which is very, very slow.

-Hal
OY!!! Where were you a week ago, I all ready put a butt load of points into it - LOL My Whirlwind (which only has one point in it) does nearly as much damage. Back to the drawing board ;)